• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Romo

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Who needs sources? Romo was on the team, on the sidelines and in the locker room all last season. How many games did the team win again? And you have them falling apart if Romo shows up to camp? You have Garrett quaking in his boots at the sight of Romo? What the heck are you talking about?

es4m11

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I went back and rewatched the "Romo farewell" video, and at no point did he come out and say he was no longer going to be with the Cowboys. He only said that times were changing (maybe that only means he will no longer be penciled in as the starting QB?). Obviously there was more to the message than strictly what was said, but I'm not so sure the door isn't still open for Romo to stay with Dallas. I don't think that is what is going to happen, but it's interesting Dallas has cleared all this seemingly unnecessary cap space for no apparent reason.

At this point, I still believe there will be a trade after 6/1, but I will definitely not be shocked to find out that Romo stays. Jerry is a sentimental guy, and I know Romo LOVES the Dallas Cowboys. I'm not buying all this media talk of a rift between Garrett and Romo or Jerry and Romo.

Anything is possible from here. Dallas has really muddied the waters of what their true intentions are.

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I went back and rewatched the "Romo farewell" video, and at no point did he come out and say he was no longer going to be with the Cowboys. He only said that times were changing (maybe that only means he will no longer be penciled in as the starting QB?). Obviously there was more to the message than strictly what was said, but I'm not so sure the door isn't still open for Romo to stay with Dallas. I don't think that is what is going to happen, but it's interesting Dallas has cleared all this seemingly unnecessary cap space for no apparent reason.

At this point, I still believe there will be a trade after 6/1, but I will definitely not be shocked to find out that Romo stays. Jerry is a sentimental guy, and I know Romo LOVES the Dallas Cowboys. I'm not buying all this media talk of a rift between Garrett and Romo or Jerry and Romo.

Anything is possible from here. Dallas has really muddied the waters of what their true intentions are.
Keeping Romo would probably be the best option for the Cowboys. They will never get what he is worth in a trade, and he would be the only backup QB in the NFL that could lead his team to the SB if the starter went down. They could withstand the cap hit of keeping him, it had been the plan all along until Dak arrived. Releasing him would be the best thing for Romo, because he wants to start. That'll be Jerry's call, but it is certainly possible he keeps him rather than just give him away

ROMOTOOWENS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
well this thread went to hell in a hand basket

sometimes objectivity is hard to find

What are u jumping ship now ?? You agreed with me yesterday. It's not a good idea to have Romo in camp unless he comes out and says That he is the back up. That won't happen I don't think.

The video - Romo was told he was going to be released. He made the video thanking his fans and Jerry pulled back. This isn't a soap opera.

ROMOTOOWENS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
5 Super Bowls Dude. When the Cowboys won 3, they had a roster full of HOF players, Troy, Emmitt, Irvin, Allen, Deion, Haley, and a bunch of other all decade players in DWood, Moose, Jay, Step, Nate...Besides Brady, compare the talent the Patriots have won with. And you discredit their Head Coach? Clueless

Clueless? Belicheck is the best of all time. He didn't fare well in Cleveland though

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Keeping Romo would probably be the best option for the Cowboys. They will never get what he is worth in a trade, and he would be the only backup QB in the NFL that could lead his team to the SB if the starter went down. They could withstand the cap hit of keeping him, it had been the plan all along until Dak arrived. Releasing him would be the best thing for Romo, because he wants to start. That'll be Jerry's call, but it is certainly possible he keeps him rather than just give him away
I don't think that is going to happen, but I agree with you that there are some upsides for sure. We didn't go out and sign anyone of value in FA and unless we grab a cap casualty after 6/1 it doesn't look like we will so we could handle the cap hit if we had to. It would not really be wise to pay him that salary to sit the bench (it would cost us $5M more this year and $9M more next year if we keep him), but there certainly is a value to having a player like Romo around. If Dak were to get hurt you barely miss a beat.

I worry that if he sits he will sulk though. He really didn't seem invested in the games even when he was dressed last year and never really came over to offer advice or get involved and I think it could be worse this year. In prior years when he was hurt he was always in the middle of things. Sanchez was over with Dak constantly. The other thing is if Romo stays I think he has to have a chance to win the job. I don't suspect he can beat out Dak at this point, especially when seeing how well Dak can take care of the ball and minimize negative plays, but I think it would only be fair to give him a chance. All in all though, I doubt this happens. I think at some point if a trade doesn't materialize we will just cut him.

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think that is going to happen, but I agree with you that there are some upsides for sure. We didn't go out and sign anyone of value in FA and unless we grab a cap casualty after 6/1 it doesn't look like we will so we could handle the cap hit if we had to. It would not really be wise to pay him that salary to sit the bench (it would cost us $5M more this year and $9M more next year if we keep him), but there certainly is a value to having a player like Romo around. If Dak were to get hurt you barely miss a beat.

I worry that if he sits he will sulk though. He really didn't seem invested in the games even when he was dressed last year and never really came over to offer advice or get involved and I think it could be worse this year. In prior years when he was hurt he was always in the middle of things. Sanchez was over with Dak constantly. The other thing is if Romo stays I think he has to have a chance to win the job. I don't suspect he can beat out Dak at this point, especially when seeing how well Dak can take care of the ball and minimize negative plays, but I think it would only be fair to give him a chance. All in all though, I doubt this happens. I think at some point if a trade doesn't materialize we will just cut him.
Yep, if the Cowboys release Romo and Dak were to go down, the season is screwed. I think Jerry thought he'd easily recoup a draft pick, and since teams are waiting him out, he decided to turn the tables. And let's be honest, how stupid are the Texans and Broncos? Either team gives up a 3rd rounder and they are instant SB contenders. Without Romo, neither team is gonna sniff it, I don't care how good their D's are.

es4m11

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yep, if the Cowboys release Romo and Dak were to go down, the season is screwed. I think Jerry thought he'd easily recoup a draft pick, and since teams are waiting him out, he decided to turn the tables. And let's be honest, how stupid are the Texans and Broncos? Either team gives up a 3rd rounder and they are instant SB contenders. Without Romo, neither team is gonna sniff it, I don't care how good their D's are.

Jerry is playing a game of chicken with Houston and Denver. The Texans and Broncos front offices talked good games leading up to free agency, and they are still full of it, but I think as time marches on you will see them start to back off their proclamations of not trading for Romo. Houston has a little leverage as that is where Romo seemingly wants to go if a free agent. Denver has no leverage at all. Which is why I think you will see Elway blink first.

Elway knows he has the supporting cast to win a Super Bowl right now. The question Elway has to be asking himself is, can he wait a year or two for Paxton Lynch to show up (if ever)? Most of the core of the Broncos are 30 years old or pushing 30.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It is mind boggling that those two teams in particular haven't ponied up a pick. If they are risking waiting until he is released it's even dumber because they could just lose out. At least if Denver is thinking they are better off with their young guys I understand (but strongly disagree). But what is Hou thinking? A healthy Romo is worth about $20M per year, right? So to offset the risks you get him for $14M and give up a mid round pick. Sounds like a steal to me!!!

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tony Romo still in football limbo but back to playing golf again

romogolf

Dallas Cowboys quarterback Tony Romo’s football future is still in limbo but he is back to playing golf again. He will compete in the Azalea Invitational Thursday through Sunday at the Country Club of Charleston, S.C. Patrick Tehan MCT
BY CLARENCE E. HILL JR.

Dallas Cowboys quarterback Tony Romo remains in football limbo.

Will he be traded to the Houston Texans or Denver Broncos? Will he be cut and join the Texans or Broncos as a free agent. Will he retire and take a job in television?

It may be some time before those questions are answered.

What is known is that will not be a member of the Dallas Cowboys next season.

But more immediately, it’s also known that he will be play golf this weekend, competinng in the Azalea Invitational today through Sunday at the Country Club of Charleston, S.C.

Per the Charleston Post and Courier, Romo will return to play in the tournament along with his father, Ramiro Romo.

Romo played in the Azalea Invitational five times, from 2008-2012, and made the cut three times.

Romo’s return to the tournament speaks volumes about his health.

He stopped playing golf tournaments in the offseason following the 2013 season because of a number of back surgeries and injuries over the last four seasons.

That he is playing enough to play tournament golf again shows that he feels good about his health.

But it could also be sending a mixed message to the Texans and Broncos, who both still have questions about his durability.

If he was still interested in playing football and not ready to retire, why would he chance injury playing golf with his football future unresolved.

ROMOTOOWENS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Instant contenders , but he isn't good enough for us ????

ROMOTOOWENS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not one person on here has said Romo sucks. He's a good QB....but if either Denver or Houston had Dak, they would have ZERO interest in Romo.

So u think John Elway would trade Paxton Lynch for Dak straight up? Not happening. If Daks good enough to make them contenders, I have to believe that Elway believes his guy is too

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So u think John Elway would trade Paxton Lynch for Dak straight up? Not happening. If Daks good enough to make them contenders, I have to believe that Elway believes his guy is too
I don't think one GM in football would trade Dak for Lynch, and yes. I think Elway would make that deal in a second

ROMOTOOWENS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Now sure I will trade you Lynch for Dak and 3 or 4 of his friends.