• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Romo

GNG

What Me Worry?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I predict a good season for Romo and the Cowboys.

R.J. MacReady

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I honestly see it as 50/50 Romo makes it through the season. And every fiber of my being is going to be pulling for him to have a great year and the best post season of his career. Of the 1,696 players in the NFL this season, not one of them is more deserving.

But as William Munny said: "deserves got nothing to do with it"

There are 3 very big factors under Romo's and the Cowboys control that could really increases his chances of making it through the season.

Romo is still holding on to the ball too long. His last injury happened during a second pump fake. Part of me thinks he will never fix this but maybe now Romo knows his career is now on the line.

Falling. Without question he should be running drills on how to fall in different scenarios. Doing this just may keep him from trying to scramble around to the last second and get tackled in some awkward position.

Blitz protection. It always seems like the Cowboys are surprised by a blitz half the time. Well instead of losing the game they will lose the season if they are not ready for the blitz every time. Elliot is the right back for blocking when we need it but he is a rookie, one missed assignment and Romo could be grabbing for his back.