• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Romo signs 6 years $108mill

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hate salary caps, but the cap system kinda saves the NFL from contract like this.

Without a cap, Kaep would have just earned himself a 200M contract.

maniax

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Flacco's deal and Romo's deal now sets a pretty strong precedent, and with Kaep being such a dual threat, we are going to have to shell out $120M/6 years now to Kaep in a year or two.

But I think we'll have the space if guys like Whitner and Goodwin are let go, and guys like Gore and Justin Smith take less money because they are getting old.

Hangman

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,152.62
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
[YOUTUBE]uNbru084z-s[/YOUTUBE]

Dodub

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Romo is a regular season stat stuffer QB. He isn't going to win you tons of games and isn't going to do crap for you in the playoffs, what a weird contract.

Rvnight18

True story
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Say what you guys want about Romo, but he ins't as bad as people make him out to be. The whole team relies on him way too freaking much. No o-line, no running game, and a defense that is swiss cheese. Romo isn't the best QB, but he definitely is better than most give him credit for. But I still loathe the cowgirls.

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Say what you guys want about Romo, but he ins't as bad as people make him out to be.

He's worse. Why? Because he's JUST good enough to not win in the playoffs. He's the worst kind of QB to have (Jeff Garcia, Alex Smith, Andy Dalton, etc).

DoobieKeebler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He's worse. Why? Because he's JUST good enough to not win in the playoffs. He's the worst kind of QB to have (Jeff Garcia, Alex Smith, Andy Dalton, etc).

Garcia: Giants

Smith: Saints

Dalton: ???? He's like 12 years old. Give the youngster a chance. Using Dalton as an example is like referencing RGIII.

Can't take impressive wins away from a player just to prove a point simply because they didn't win a Super Bowl.

How about Dan Marino?

Rvnight18

True story
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Sorry but you can't argue that Tony Romo is a bad QB. He makes dumb mistakes that piss everybody off. Well, actaully most laugh, cowboy fans get pissed, but the guy ins't as bad as most say he is. I know it is the age of the Qb and all, but no line or run game or defense usually ends up in disaster. Not to mention the fact that their GM is also the owner...

HammerDown

Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The only reason Romo is getting this deal is because Jerry Jones is so infatuated with him. It looks massive, there's $25M guaranteed money, but he'll never see even half of the $108M.

Last edited by a moderator:

HammerDown

Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And I guess you saw Donovan chimed in. I'm with him.

Last edited by a moderator:

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Garcia: Giants

Smith: Saints

Dalton: ???? He's like 12 years old. Give the youngster a chance. Using Dalton as an example is like referencing RGIII.

Can't take impressive wins away from a player just to prove a point simply because they didn't win a Super Bowl.

How about Dan Marino?

Even those kinds of QBs can win a game or 2 in the playoffs, but those are the kinds of QBs who will never win it all unless they get a defense that is one of the best of all time (like the 2000 Ravens & the 2002 Buccs).

Dan Marino wasn't that kind of QB. He was better than that. He's not on the same level as the all-time elites IMO, but he was still a great QB.

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Sorry but you can't argue that Tony Romo is a bad QB. He makes dumb mistakes that piss everybody off. Well, actaully most laugh, cowboy fans get pissed, but the guy ins't as bad as most say he is. I know it is the age of the Qb and all, but no line or run game or defense usually ends up in disaster. Not to mention the fact that their GM is also the owner...

Romo isn't a "bad' QB, but the Cowboys would be better off if he were. He's just good enough to give the Cowboys false hope. If he were a bad QB, the Cowboys could tear the whole thing down & start from scratch.

I actually thought Romo was gonna take the next setp up this last year, but he removed any doubt I had that he's going to change this past season.

SY8goat

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Remember when Joe Flacco use to be on that list?

:gaah:

Right now, I strongly dislike Joe Flacco.

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Remember when Joe Flacco use to be on that list?

:gaah:

Right now, I strongly dislike Joe Flacco.

I don't remember ever referring to Flacco in that way, but if I did it was a huge oversight on my part. I always remember defending Flacco & saying he's a better QB than Matty Romo in Atlanta.

Dodub

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Even those kinds of QBs can win a game or 2 in the playoffs, but those are the kinds of QBs who will never win it all unless they get a defense that is one of the best of all time (like the 2000 Ravens & the 2002 Buccs).

Dan Marino wasn't that kind of QB. He was better than that. He's not on the same level as the all-time elites IMO, but he was still a great QB.

Alex Smith performed extremely welll in the playoffs and carried the team to that victory against the Saints, we didn't win that game because of defense. He put us in position to win the Gaints game and we would have likely won the SB that year had Kyle Williams not decided to end the season.