• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Romo signs 6 years $108mill

tomikcon1971

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
QB is looking more and more like a need in this draft......If Kap turns out to be a top 5-8 QB, no telling what he'll be worth. We need something in the cupboard and I don't think Tolzien is enough.

Th fact of the matter with a salary cap is you better have a continuous pipeline of young talent in this league. Guys are gonna walk to get paid.

bone3421

like in the back of a VW
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Say what you guys want about Romo, but he ins't as bad as people make him out to be. The whole team relies on him way too freaking much. No o-line, no running game, and a defense that is swiss cheese. Romo isn't the best QB, but he definitely is better than most give him credit for. But I still loathe the cowgirls.

this...except for the hating the cowboys part

it is a little much but not that much.....salaries always go up based on previous contracts

if we fix the o-line and defense the cowboys can be very good and as i have said for the better part of 2 years romo is one of the few qb's that can play behind our crappy line...manning/brady types that arent mobile would get killed behind our line

Rvnight18

True story
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
this...except for the hating the cowboys part

it is a little much but not that much.....salaries always go up based on previous contracts

if we fix the o-line and defense the cowboys can be very good and as i have said for the better part of 2 years romo is one of the few qb's that can play behind our crappy line...manning/brady types that arent mobile would get killed behind our line

I dont hate the cowboys. I loathe the cowgirls. big difference :)

Flyingiguana

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Remember when Joe Flacco use to be on that list?

:gaah:

Right now, I strongly dislike Joe Flacco.

well flacco is still young. romo has been in dallas forever and has consistently sucked in the playoffs.

Arete Tzu

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Remember when Joe Flacco use to be on that list?

:gaah:

Right now, I strongly dislike Joe Flacco.

Flacco is tied with Tom Brady for most playoff wins in their first 5 seasons, Romo has won one playoff game in 7 years as a starter.

nmgsc2002

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Do you all think Kap would be that kind of guy that would want to be the highest paid player in the league if he continues progressing this way?

In my opinion, I think he will want to get paid like everyone does, but I honestly think he will take a lot less than he might get anywhere else to stay with Harbaugh and this team. I say this only because he is really about the team and winning from what I have seen watching him play in college through now. He is never about me first team second. If you are about getting paid, go play for shit teams and never win. If you want to win in this league, you need to sacrifice some money for the better of the team. And I think he will do just that and take a reasonable contract extension.

SY8goat

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't remember ever referring to Flacco in that way, but if I did it was a huge oversight on my part. I always remember defending Flacco & saying he's a better QB than Matty Romo in Atlanta.

Flacco is tied with Tom Brady for most playoff wins in their first 5 seasons, Romo has won one playoff game in 7 years as a starter.

Sick, I meant in general and :lol: to "Matty Romo."

Before the SB run and after the road playoff wins, Flacco still received criticism from the media and fans. Flacco was thought to be a QB who could not win a SB.

Flyingiguana

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sick, I meant in general and :lol: to "Matty Romo."

Before the SB run and after the road playoff wins, Flacco still received criticism from the media and fans. Flacco was thought to be a QB who could not win a SB.

imo flacco is overrated, but i'm interested to see how he performs next year. baltimore has a good coordinator now and with a full offseason he should take big steps.

numone9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
These QB contracts are getting ridiculous. Aaron Rodgers actually deserves to be paid like this, but Tony Romo?? Seriously?

In one hand I think football players are under paid when I look at some of these baseball deals that have been happening and there needs to be an increase to the salary cap. On the other hand if teams keep giving these ridiculous deals to players who don't deserve it they should have to pay for their mistakes.

Last edited by a moderator:

Badger8843

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Romo has had a couple good years as of late just going by stats..Last year he finished 3rd in pass yards, 10th in QB rating, 5th in compl % and 6th in passing Td's. Thats pretty impressive the big knock on him is dumb turnovers aka the Brett Favre. Last year Romo led the NFL with 19Int's

Kinzu

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I will say that at least Romo is more deserving of the money than Flacco from a career perspective, but playoff wins and super bowls make everyone forget about your mediocre season stats. While not doing those things pushes you further and further under the microscope.

On a side note I heard this going home last night.
Zack Greinke will earn more this coming year from the Angels than the Astro's entire team assuming they don't add any new contracts to it. It's little pieces of news like this that make me glad the NFL is smart enough to have a cap system in place.

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
romoandpeewee.png

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Do you all think Kap would be that kind of guy that would want to be the highest paid player in the league if he continues progressing this way?

In my opinion, I think he will want to get paid like everyone does, but I honestly think he will take a lot less than he might get anywhere else to stay with Harbaugh and this team. I say this only because he is really about the team and winning from what I have seen watching him play in college through now. He is never about me first team second. If you are about getting paid, go play for shit teams and never win. If you want to win in this league, you need to sacrifice some money for the better of the team. And I think he will do just that and take a reasonable contract extension.

And if he does skip out, I hope they let the media and fans know. make it as public as they can, not because Kaep needs the praise, but it could do the 1% influence on someone else like him to look team first. If he takes the max (practically speaking), I'd be surprised, but people would support it if he succeeds more here. If he takes somewhere in the middle, whether or not it's true, I expect some talk of team sacrifice, hometown discount, etc. will be out there. You can have a home team discount without being a free agent if you take less in an extension than the market looks to be, despite not every testing that market really.