• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Romo MRI results

cowboycolors

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would wait for the cuts after next weekends games and see who might be available

Out of who is out there right now Matt Flynn might be the only 1 I would bring in for a look see

No way in Hell you want to bring in Vick with the Dog and pony show that follows him around

Pun Intended

Eiknarflin

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
OK, let me get this straight. If a fan of the NFL who roots for a team with a star on the helmet he can tell you to pump the breaks on Dak. But if a fan of the NFL who roots for a team with a wing on the helmet says, "I agree" then he's an asshole??

No, PE1, that ain't it!

It's the smarminess of the way you say it, mostly. You give backhanded compliments and your bias for the Eagles always makes your posts read troll-ish. You aren't ever here to talk about Cowboys. You are here to criticize Cowboy fans, and you throw a few slight compliments around from time to time in an attempt to keep people reading your posts. Then, as has played out pretty much every time, you act surprised when anyone gets annoyed at you, as though your intentions were all pure.

Most of us here aren't Kool-Aid drinkers, and we don't need you to incessantly (that means constantly) criticize our optimism. When someone has something optimistic to say, you always find a way to criticize it as though any of us don't already know how tenuous things can be in the NFL. In case you have never noticed, being a fan of a team is 90% optimism. Maybe that escapes you, being an Eagle fan and all, but it's the simple fact.

Your schtick is old and tiresome.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Next man up...

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think they have a heck of a chance to win 10 with Dak. I've seen enough to say that I think he is at least the equal of what I saw from Russell Wilson as a rookie, and while Dallas doesn't have that kind of D, what they do have is a great set of RB's, the best OLine in the game, a great WR and a great TE. He will have some growing pains, but if he can steer the team to, say, 4-4 till Romo gets back, it could work out very well for the team
I think expecting "at least the equal" of RW as a rookie is a little too much to ask for. RW was great for a rookie year one. Plus Wilson had that incredible defense that made his job much easier than a "normal" rookie and wasn't asked to do too much. But I agree with the OL making it easier on Dak and of course Dez too.

But, I think RW is the comparison I see for Dak. The poise, the running ability, the accuracy, the feeling that he belongs right away, the success in College, being looked over in the draft and of course the great touch on the deep throws

GNG

What Me Worry?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would wait for the cuts after next weekends games and see who might be available

Out of who is out there right now Matt Flynn might be the only 1 I would bring in for a look see

No way in Hell you want to bring in Vick with the Dog and pony show that follows him around

Pun Intended
Flynn is smart and would be a decent backup for Dak.

R.J. MacReady

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You know who is the most pivotal person in all of this is right now?

Candice Romo.

She may have him at the breakfast table as we speak talking about the results of the MRI.
She is probably the only one to give Romo a true moment of pause.

As a fan, I want Romo to have one more chance at a special season. Something he can really hang his hat on. He sure as hell deserves that.

But looking at things from Candice's point of view ..she has every right and a lot of sound reasoning to get Romo to retire.

It kills me to say it but I think there is a 40% chance Romo decides to retire in the next 30 days.

GNG

What Me Worry?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think expecting "at least the equal" of RW as a rookie is a little too much to ask for. RW was great for a rookie year one. Plus Wilson had that incredible defense that made his job much easier than a "normal" rookie and wasn't asked to do too much. But I agree with the OL making it easier on Dak and of course Dez too.

But, I think RW is the comparison I see for Dak. The poise, the running ability, the accuracy, the feeling that he belongs right away, the success in College, being looked over in the draft and of course the great touch on the deep throws
Wilson and Prescott have similar ability.

GNG

What Me Worry?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Candice Romo.

She may have him at the breakfast table as we speak talking about the results of the MRI.

As a fan, I want Romo to have one more chance at a special season. Something he can really hang his hat on. He sure as hell deserves that.

But looking at things from Candice's point of view ..she has every right and a lot of sound reasoning to get Romo to retire.

It kills me to say it but I think there is a 40% chance Romo decides to retire in the next 30 days.
Romo is good enough at golf to pursue a PGA career.

Manster7588

I Support Law Enforcement.
Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Here is a another spin if I may.

Beloved QB goes down

Unheardled Rookie comes in

Rookie and Beloved lead Cowboys to SB title

Would make for a good story

Just saying (non offensive)
I see nothing offensive here, and while I a big Romo fan, if he's done and Dak leads the team to a SB, I'm good. I have always been a team above player fan.

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I heard another comparison, that while is optimistic and best case scenario, I think fits. Steve McNair

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Candice Romo.

I love Romo, but I think he is done...when you hit your mid -late 30's, and have had the volume of injuries he has, the toll on your body begins to snowball. The play that he got hurt...I believe he meant to slide, as he had a thousand times before, but unlike when he was younger(and a great athlete), he had to adjust his path from where his mind originally wanted to go down...and he got caught in an awkward spot. The problem for Tony is, the last couple of hits that put him on the shelf...weren't really that violent

Manster7588

I Support Law Enforcement.
Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Pun Intended
Exactly. KC will release either Flynn or Murray, Oakland probably releases McGoin.
I'm either trading a conditional late pick for a QB or waiting on the cuts. Not even considering one of the current FAs.

R.J. MacReady

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wow ....i just realized some ridiculous irony.

Looking at Romo's incredible & tragic career, where did it really begin?

In Seattle, Romo got caught from behind trying to get a first down or get into the end zone after a botched kicked.
If he retires now, it was because of a play in Seattle were he was caught from behind trying to get a first down.

Spooky.

cowboycolors

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Candice Romo.

no way he retires this season IMHO

Tony has to much love for the Cowboys to do that and I would bet he thinks he can still play at a high level

If and I say again If he retires it will not be till after the season but I would bet that he does so after June 1st next year just to help the Boys on the Cap Hit

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
no way he retires this season IMHO

Tony has to much love for the Cowboys to do that and I would bet he thinks he can still play at a high level

If and I say again If he retires it will not be till after the season but I would bet that he does so after June 1st next year just to help the Boys on the Cap Hit
I agree with this

cowboycolors

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
nope...the angry football gods just fucking with jerry at Romo's expense
ya know I will be damn glad when they get tired of messing with Jerry Jones and move on to say John Mara or someone else deemed worthy of their amusement

my :2cents:

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
ya know I will be damn glad when they get tired of messing with Jerry Jones and move on to say John Mara or someone else deemed worthy of their amusement

my :2cents:
think about it....everything that can go wrong does.
It's become comical.

Speaking of comical....all the reactions on these boards since Romo's back announcement less than 24 hours. Based on our recent history, they've come outta the wood work about being done, salary cap, not caring about the health. BUT....Dallas isn't relevant or anything like that.