• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Romo MRI results

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Honestly........ It needs to be a decision on how quickly he heals. Tony has been pretty fragile over the past sum odd years( correct me if i'm wrong but the only year he has been was in 2015 i think). IF Dax is playing very well then i'd say go with the "hot arm" but If Dak costs you a game. Don't be afraid to pull the trigger and put in Tony

unbiased :2cents:
I agree with that. I think Romo is gonna be a huge help to Dak. He's like a QB coach. I also think it will help Dak that he is mobile, and his top RB/WR will be Zeke and Dez, I stead of DMac and TWill, which was the case for a lot of last year

Manster7588

I Support Law Enforcement.
Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I love Romo and what he's done for this organization but the writing is on the wall. :suds:
Yes the writing is one the wall, was just hoping for at least one more season with Tony.
Two reasons. 1. Not sure Dak is ready for the real games, and 2. I'm still hoping out hope Tony will win us a SB. Odds were slim before, now their microscopic.

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's really only two Skin fans being classless Dean, and the "I told you so" troll. Not sure if the rest of the board is being honest or not, but at least there showing that people are more important than the game itself.
True that, I shouldn't have lumped their solid guys in with the couple of idiots they have

Manster7588

Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
True that, I shouldn't have lumped their solid guys in with the couple of idiots they have
If the shoe was on the other foot I know of at least one Cowboy fan who would celebrate. I wouldn't want to be lumped in with him.

tomodach10

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I love Romo and what he's done for this organization but the writing is on the wall. :suds:
Me too. A lot of people saw this two years ago except jerry. I hope he retires. Just wish Tony would have gotten the superbowl he deserves.

ROMOTOOWENS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just got home. Heard the news through a text. Is he for sure out week 1 ? The guy will play if possible. If I was Jerry Jones I would be firing some people today. He was allowed to sit on the sideline the whole first half. If it was regular season he would have gone back in - or have they changed their story now.

Earl Stevens

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If there is anything that really has me upset about this injury, it's the fact that it could have been avoided if Romo just threw the ball away.

Manster7588

Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Me too. A lot of people saw this two years ago except jerry. I hope he retires. Just wish Tony would have gotten the superbowl he deserves.
I'll leave it to those in the know but financially I don't think Dallas can afford it if Romo retires today.

PhoenixEagles1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,730.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm with Manster on the pump the breaks on Dak. Dak has looked fantastic in the equivalent to one preseason game...

*RG3 won rookie of the year
*Nick Foles threw 7 TDS in one game
*Kaepernick had people saying he might wind up being the great QB ever
* The 0-16 Lions went 4-0 in the preseason
*People predicting 11-5 with Dak. All ready?????

Earl Stevens

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm with Manster on the pump the breaks on Dak. Dak has looked fantastic in the equivalent to one preseason game...

It's the Cowboy Board. You don't like it, go to another board.

Uhsplit

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,306.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'll leave it to those in the know but financially I don't think Dallas can afford it if Romo retires today.
Due to Jerry's restructuring of TR's contract, the team is on the hook for $32M in dead cap money. It will take 3 years for that to bleed off the cap hit.

Manster7588

Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Due to Jerry's restructuring of TR's contract, the team is on the hook for $32M in dead cap money. It will take 3 years for that to bleed off the cap hit.
That's how I see it. Not sure how many years teams are allowed to carry retirement dead money. I know post June 1st cuts its two years that much dead money will mean instant cap hell.

reptec101

warPAINt nation
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's really only two Skin fans being classless Dean, and the "I told you so" troll. Not sure if the rest of the board is being honest or not, but at least there showing that people are more important than the game itself.
I hope ur speaking of me... I actually feel bad for Tony and the fans of Dallas. Your season def took a hit but truth is Dax may just keep your season alive and well. I hope Im wrong and he fizzles obviously but as a fan you hate to see this happen in a pre-season game. I know you view me as a troll but im not over there gloating. This might just be a blessing in disguise for you all.

Iggloo

Fly, Eagles Fly
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Dak pans out at least you will have a starting QB on a rookie contract though--a fourth round rookie contract. That's a big potential boost.

I hate the Boys but I feel for you guys, tough break to see a QB go down in preseason. It reminds me of when Randall Cunningham got hurt for us back in the day. We had a loaded D and things looked good, then boom. At least you have a pretty promising rookie to be optimistic about.

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

NOt here to start a fight, just wanted to see the reaction of the Cowboys fans.

From a financial aspect, if Romo retired right this second, the Cowboys go over the cap by around $7 million. My thinking is, Romo would be the team guy and go on IR for this season. Then they deal with it next year, when he announces his retirement, the net effect would be to save then $4 million, so they would only be $3M and some change over the cap as apposed to the projected $7M and some change they are projected to be over in 2017.

Manster7588

Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
NOt here to start a fight, just wanted to see the reaction of the Cowboys fans.

From a financial aspect, if Romo retired right this second, the Cowboys go over the cap by around $7 million. My thinking is, Romo would be the team guy and go on IR for this season. Then they deal with it next year, when he announces his retirement, the net effect would be to save then $4 million, so they would only be $3 and some change over the cap as apposed to the projected $7 and some change they are projected to be over in 2017.
I knew his cap hit for 2016 was extremely high, so I figured he'd go on IR and retire later on and coach Dak along the way.

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I knew his cap hit for 2016 was extremely high, so I figured he'd go on IR and retire later on and coach Dak along the way.

2016 and 2017 were the determining years on Romo after his last rework. If healthy, the team could have always decided to designate him a June 1st cut in 2017 and spread the damage. From a dollars standpoint, this injury is the worse possible outcome. Good thing Tony actually loves the team and the owner. Because if he announced his retirement today, changes would need to be made by Monday.

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

And Russell Wilson has been fine. RG3 was never the same after injuries. Kaepernick was on a great team, but he was never accurate and isn't a student of the game. Foles was a system guy.

By all reports, Dak has the leadership and intangibles critical to develop. After some early success, NFL coordinators made adjustments and took away those guys strengths. The same will happen with Dak. It's how you adjust when that happens that determines long-term success, which is why Wilson has continued to improve and why Dak has a shot .He cares about the game

ArlingtonCowboys100

Goodell is a polesmoker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Damn, I like dak, but being a rookie starter is going to be tough. Dak is going to get blitzed. Can the dak to Butler combo make teams pay?

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
jerry loves Tony and jerry is cursed by the Football Gods.
sucks but it sure seems true.

I'll have to see how this all plays out, love Dak but not sure it's his team just yet, even if he were 5-0. I think we all know that would be jerry's call...which still makes it the toughest part about being a cowboy fan.

ready nick?....Jerry, tell death do us part and I sure hope he goes first to allow me one more championship