• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Romo MRI results

GNG

What Me Worry?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No one side they didn't like it. When Vick was tearing it up in 2011 Jarntt said, Let's see if he can do it again. Jarntt was spot on. I think it was Manster who said after Foles 27-2 season including a 7 TD game, "Let's see if he can do it again now that teams have tape on him" and he was right. No one could ask for more from Dak so far. He looks poised, accurate and quite possibly the steal of the draft. But one preseason game worth of play shouldn't be a sign that he's going to go 11-5. QBs have had great stretches even seasons (Vick, Foles, Kaepernick, RG3 etc) only to crash and burn. All I was saying is I agree with Manster. Why didn't you jump all over his jock?
Go back to your team's board asshole.

PhoenixEagles1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,730.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Go back to your team's board asshole.

Why I gotta be an asshole? I said absolutely nothing bad. Nothing to start trouble. I still look at this differently then some. I don't look at this as a Cowboys fan only board. It's a board to talk about the Cowboys. Your just mad cause you're all over the main board telling everyone that Dak is a lock. Maybe he will be great but there's absolutely no way to tell after 4 quarters of practice football.

DJ Fieri

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,240.11
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If they run the ball a lot (and not throw a ton like Garrett liked to do with Romo) Prescott could be a decent replacement and they could still have a solid season.

Run the ball 35-38 times and throw 25-28 and you give the kid a chance to succeed. They have a rock solid OL and could have an excellent running game with the possible 3 headed monster they line up there.

Prescott reminds me a little of Russell Wilson. They have similar characteristics.

DJ Fieri

Hoopla Cash
$ 25,240.11
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If they run the ball a lot (and not throw a ton like Garrett liked to do with Romo) Prescott could be a decent replacement and they could still have a solid season.

Run the ball 35-38 times and throw 25-28 and you give the kid a chance to succeed. They have a rock solid OL and could have an excellent running game with the possible 3 headed monster they line up there.

Prescott reminds me a little of Russell Wilson. They have similar characteristics.

Not to mention the defense has a chance to be really good.....

Earl Stevens

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No one side they didn't like it. When Vick was tearing it up in 2011 Jarntt said, Let's see if he can do it again. Jarntt was spot on. I think it was Manster who said after Foles 27-2 season including a 7 TD game, "Let's see if he can do it again now that teams have tape on him" and he was right. No one could ask for more from Dak so far. He looks poised, accurate and quite possibly the steal of the draft. But one preseason game worth of play shouldn't be a sign that he's going to go 11-5. QBs have had great stretches even seasons (Vick, Foles, Kaepernick, RG3 etc) only to crash and burn. All I was saying is I agree with Manster. Why didn't you jump all over his jock?
I think he can go 11-5 because he has the intangibles, athleticism, and arm to make this offense work with what he has around him. The best part? There's not much NFL tape on him. Just because you are a rookie QB doesn't mean you can't be successful right away in the NFL. And it's not like I think Dak will be feared for the next 10 years like certain fans. Just talking about the upcoming season, no further. Think Dak can take the NFL by surprise this year. It's happened plenty of times before. If not for the curse of Jerry, I'd be even more confident. And it's not like my opinion matters anyway. Whatever happens happens. Nothing I say really means anything and won't effect the outcome so I don't see why you feel the need to call out Cowboy fans on their board for being optimistic. It's not just about Dak. It's about the weapons around him.

And why would I jump on Manster? He's a Cowboy fan. I don't jump on Cowboy fans for voicing their opinions about the Dallas Cowboys on the Dallas Cowboys Board unless it's FRYE-like. If I was a fan of another team and Manster came on my board criticizing me because I'm very optimistic about my team's chances with a rookie QB, I'd tell him the same thing.

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I think one positive of having Dak at QB is that it should make Zeke and Morris have an even better year. As great as Beastmode was for Seattle, the fact that the edge couldn't crash because of the threat QB run made for nice holes...despite a below average OL. With the Cowboys line blowing people off the ball, the running game should be great, which will set up play action, not to mention keep the D fresh.

DJ Fieri

Hoopla Cash
$ 25,240.11
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think one positive of having Dak at QB is that it should make Zeke and Morris have an even better year. As great as Beastmode was for Seattle, the fact that the edge couldn't crash because of the threat QB run made for nice holes...despite a below average OL. With the Cowboys line blowing people off the ball, the running game should be great, which will set up play action, not to mention keep the D fresh.

I agree.

DJ Fieri

Hoopla Cash
$ 25,240.11
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Off topic but I'd also sign Vick to backup the kid.....he gives them a solid veteran who is a capable player in a heavy run offense.

Earl Stevens

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Off topic but I'd also sign Vick to backup the kid.....he gives them a solid veteran who is a capable player in a heavy run offense.
I'd give Stephen McGee another shot before I even think about signing Vick. The moment Vick became a Cowboy, the ASPCA would be all over the Cowboys after we just signed a woman beater last year.

DJ Fieri

Hoopla Cash
$ 25,240.11
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd give Stephen McGee another shot before I even think about signing Vick. The moment Vick became a Cowboy, the ASPCA would be all over the Cowboys after we just signed a woman beater last year.

McGee is a 3rd stringer.....at best.

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Looking at what's out there, not the worst call

ROMOTOOWENS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wonder if Peyton could pass a physical

PhoenixEagles1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,730.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think he can go 11-5 because he has the intangibles, athleticism, and arm to make this offense work with what he has around him. The best part? There's not much NFL tape on him. Just because you are a rookie QB doesn't mean you can't be successful right away in the NFL. And it's not like I think Dak will be feared for the next 10 years like certain fans. Just talking about the upcoming season, no further. Think Dak can take the NFL by surprise this year. It's happened plenty of times before. If not for the curse of Jerry, I'd be even more confident. And it's not like my opinion matters anyway. Whatever happens happens. Nothing I say really means anything and won't effect the outcome so I don't see why you feel the need to call out Cowboy fans on their board for being optimistic. It's not just about Dak. It's about the weapons around him.

And why would I jump on Manster? He's a Cowboy fan. I don't jump on Cowboy fans for voicing their opinions about the Dallas Cowboys on the Dallas Cowboys Board unless it's FRYE-like. If I was a fan of another team and Manster came on my board criticizing me because I'm very optimistic about my team's chances with a rookie QB, I'd tell him the same thing.

OK, let me get this straight. If a fan of the NFL who roots for a team with a star on the helmet he can tell you to pump the breaks on Dak. But if a fan of the NFL who roots for a team with a wing on the helmet says, "I agree" then he's an asshole??