• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Romo just needs to hang them up

Manster7588

I Support Law Enforcement.
Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well you get it. I certainly wasn't saying all Dallas fans were calling it a dirty hit. Just pointed out that it was mainly some Dallas fans going off online about it.

And I have zero doubt if the same happened to the hawks and we had a QB with a known back history there would have been the same. That's all to be expected.
Honestly all fans bases have those fans, and it doesn't matter if a player has an injury history or not. Those same fans callin this dirty would have called the same play dirty if it was Dak out there. I was going to say Dak or Showers, but it's quite possible those twitter fans have no idea who Showers is.

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't make internet bets, but I'm willing to break my policy this one time and bet you that Romo plays more snaps in the first 4 weeks than Brady. Let's say for a million bucks. Interested?:thumb:
Not quite a @Midnightangel post, but kind of in that same zip code wouldn't you say? :lol:

No one wants to see Romo out. Well, at least outside of maybe hated division rivals or something.

All we did was point out the obvious. His body just isn't going to let him play football at the level he needs to in order to run that team.

I'd much rather have a league with Romo and the other faces of the league in it, but that sadly doesn't appear to be likely. He's done and that's not us trolling you. It's simply looking at the facts.

fastforward

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,832.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If you're stuck with the winner of the Kaepernick vs Gabbert vs Ponder battle, you're in bad shape.

If you're considering trading for a pick for the 2nd or 3rd place guy in the Kaepernick vs Gabbert vs Ponder battle, you're in Dallas Cowboys bad shape.
sad_small.gif

GNG

What Me Worry?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Didn't question about worry, I asked him if he was sticking by his statement that he liked both units. I have no problems saying the hawks had issues tackling and looked like crap against the run. Doesn't mean we don't understand it's just preseason and doesn't mean they will be bad in two weeks.
I'll be concerned if the defense continues to look soft in the regular season.

GNG

What Me Worry?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If you're stuck with the winner of the Kaepernick vs Gabbert vs Ponder battle, you're in bad shape.

If you're considering trading for a pick for the 2nd or 3rd place guy in the Kaepernick vs Gabbert vs Ponder battle, you're in Dallas Cowboys bad shape.
sad_small.gif
Actually the Cowboys are in excellent shape at QB. Prescott has been very impressive.

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'll be concerned if the defense continues to look soft in the regular season.
With Romo now probably being out at least 6-10 weeks that defense is probably going to be more important than it already was going to need to be. Dak might be ok, might even be good. MIGHT. But he's not Romo. When teams game plan for him and show him real rushes you will find out if he's just the next brilliant preseason QB that goes nowhere or something more.

GNG

What Me Worry?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
With Romo now probably being out at least 6-10 weeks that defense is probably going to be more important than it already was going to need to be. Dak might be ok, might even be good. MIGHT. But he's not Romo. When teams game plan for him and show him real rushes you will find out if he's just the next brilliant preseason QB that goes nowhere or something more.
Romo is good but at 36 has become injury prone. Dak can start but the Cowboys should sign a veteran QB to be the backup.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ummm......
Point was that even with the rumors from this morning about his back before official announcement I can't lose...now weeks 5-6 I think I'll pass on...

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not quite a @Midnightangel post, but kind of in that same zip code wouldn't you say? :lol:

No one wants to see Romo out. Well, at least outside of maybe hated division rivals or something.

All we did was point out the obvious. His body just isn't going to let him play football at the level he needs to in order to run that team.

I'd much rather have a league with Romo and the other faces of the league in it, but that sadly doesn't appear to be likely. He's done and that's not us trolling you. It's simply looking at the facts.
Dumbass, why don't you go read my posts about Romo being injury prone before you assume I thought otherwise

gohusk

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He's a man.

It's a shame there aren't more of him in this day and age.

He's a man? Jim McMahon was a man too. You see him lately? He's dealing with severe depression and has to play golf bare footed because his feet are so fucked up. Maybe you're into people destroying their bodies for your entertainment but I just can't stomach it. That's why I stopped watching boxing.

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dumbass, why don't you go read my posts about Romo being injury prone before you assume I thought otherwise
Ok fuck stain, where did I say you said otherwise? Learn to read ffs. :L :L :L
:burt:

I can play this game all damned day.

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@jarntt tells everyone he's going to bet a million dollars that Romo is going to have more snaps than Brady in the first 4 games. Hours later it comes out he's out at least 6-10 weeks with yet another broken bone in his back. Gets laughed at and called out, but tries to change the subject instead of just laughing along with us.

Just man up and take your laughs. You earned it.

PhoenixEagles1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,730.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I don't think it's fair to say that. Dak could end up being good. But on the flip side of my point I see a few Cowboy fans are certain that Dak is a stud after about 4 quarters of practice football. The truth is no one knows.

DJ

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,296.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If they run the ball a lot (and not throw a ton like Garrett liked to do with Romo) Prescott could be a decent replacement and they could still have a solid season.

Run the ball 35 times and throw 25-28 and you give the kid a chance to succeed. They have a rock solid OL and could have an excellent running game with the possible 3 headed monster they line up there.

Demonjoe93

The Hawks make me emo
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
For his health, it would probably be best to retire. He clearly cannot stay healthy anymore.

As for the Cowboys, I think Prescott has a lot of potential to be good, but I don't think he'll be good enough this year to get the Cowboys into the Playoffs unless the Redskins turn to shit again (an occurrence that would not shock me).

DJ

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,296.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know it's way early but watching him play so far this pre-season.....he looks a little like Russell Wilson.

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know it's way early but watching him play so far this pre-season.....he looks a little like Russell Wilson.
No one, including our fans, bought into RW's skills until about 2/3 of the way through his rookie season. He had to earn his respect.

For every RW, there are at least 8 or 9 that look like he did in preseason that end up bombing. You just won't know until they play for real.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@jarntt tells everyone he's going to bet a million dollars that Romo is going to have more snaps than Brady in the first 4 games. Hours later it comes out he's out at least 6-10 weeks with yet another broken bone in his back. Gets laughed at and called out, but tries to change the subject instead of just laughing along with us.

God you are dickhead. want to make the bet? Point was I cant lose, but could still win. This is exactly what I was talking about with how sensitive you are. You are all bent out of shape over what someone says on the internet that you'll never meet. You wouldn't have felt the need to say what you were pointing out f you thought I already felt the same. Get it dickhead?

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

oK...feel better now? Try not to kick the dog tonight:lol:

RegentDenali

LOL at 42-13, 29-3, 19-3
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,798.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Romo is good but at 36 has become injury prone. Dak can start but the Cowboys should sign a veteran QB to be the backup.

Cowboys should trade for Malcom X Kaeperdick. I'm sure the 9ers would be willing to deal.