• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Romo just needs to hang them up

R.J. MacReady

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No one, including our fans, bought into RW's skills until about 2/3 of the way through his rookie season. He had to earn his respect.

For every RW, there are at least 8 or 9 that look like he did in preseason that end up bombing. You just won't know until they play for real.

I'm measuring Dak against what we had last year at QB with Romo out.

He can't be any worse.

R.J. MacReady

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cowboys should trade for Malcom X Kaeperdick. I'm sure the 9ers would be willing to deal.

Considering the memorial service at Cowboys Stadium that was not so long ago. I doubt that will happen.

usa-crime-sniper.jpg

chf

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I nominate this thread for
No one, including our fans, bought into RW's skills until about 2/3 of the way through his rookie season. He had to earn his respect.

For every RW, there are at least 8 or 9 that look like he did in preseason that end up bombing. You just won't know until they play for real.

Wouldn't go that far. I was cautious about the over the top praise, but it was all those intangibles that Wilson had that made me notice. How a team of veterans responded to a snot-nosed rookie, in pre-season games. The command he had of the huddle.

Not to say that Prescott will have that too, but he's not overawed.

Prescott COULD be Rick Mirer II, but again, I think Cowboys fans have reason to be optimistic.

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
God you are dickhead. want to make the bet? Point was I cant lose, but could still win. This is exactly what I was talking about with how sensitive you are. You are all bent out of shape over what someone says on the internet that you'll never meet. You wouldn't have felt the need to say what you were pointing out f you thought I already felt the same. Get it dickhead?
:pound: Double down on that BS instead of owning your words. Who's the one angry? The one calling names and avoiding manning up to his own words? Seems obvious.

How's that working for you sport? Doesn't look like it's going well.

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm measuring Dak against what we had last year at QB with Romo out.

He can't be any worse.
I'm sure they'd still rather find a veteran to back him up at the least and possibly bail him out if he has any struggles early.

He looked good against Seattle. No doubt about that. Loved some of his extensions of plays and he did make quite a few clutch throws.

williewilliejuan

Giant Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Point was that even with the rumors from this morning about his back before official announcement I can't lose...now weeks 5-6 I think I'll pass on...

If he took the bet you proposed, you would lose. Your bet was Romo would get more snaps. If they both get zero, you lose. Might want to start saving up.

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tarvaris Jackson is available. :whistle:
Jerry doesn't have issues picking up players with recent stains on their resume does he?

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:pound: Double down on that BS instead of owning your words. Who's the one angry? The one calling names and avoiding manning up to his own words? Seems obvious.

How's that working for you sport? Doesn't look like it's going well.
You aren't even making any sense. Owning what words?

Manster7588

I Support Law Enforcement.
Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I nominate this thread for

Wouldn't go that far. I was cautious about the over the top praise, but it was all those intangibles that Wilson had that made me notice. How a team of veterans responded to a snot-nosed rookie, in pre-season games. The command he had of the huddle.

Not to say that Prescott will have that too, but he's not overawed.

Prescott COULD be Rick Mirer II, but again, I think Cowboys fans have reason to be optimistic.
I will punch you in the throat.

Rockinkuwait

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm sure they'd still rather find a veteran to back him up at the least and possibly bail him out if he has any struggles early.

Yup, no hurry, there will be a slew of them becoming available over the next week.

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If he took the bet you proposed, you would lose. Your bet was Romo would get more snaps. If they both get zero, you lose. Might want to start saving up.
Yep need to be careful with the verbiage of internet betting. I'd hate to see another Avi bet meltdown.

Who am I kidding? Bring it on:lol:

RegentDenali

LOL at 42-13, 29-3, 19-3
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,798.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rarely do rookie QBs walk into as sweet a situation as Prescott is right now. Betty White would look sensational throwing the ball with that offensive line and you just drafted the #1 RB in the 2016 class.

So while of course Dallas fans are going to support him and see how this goes, the rubber hits the road come season start.

Way too early to call him the next RW or Rick Mirer. All will be reveled by halfway through the season. That Oline is going to give him a whole lot of help so all is not lost right now in big D.

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I never liked him. I'll say this if you know about Mirer we can't call you a 12.
Most of the hawks fans on this site are over 40, or at least a good portion. We all know about Rick and pretty much every QB we have had from the beginning.

Remember it's just dumbass net trolls that believe there were no Seahawk fans before whatever magic date they come up with. The fact that they have had a waiting list for season tickets going back at least well into the 90's doesn't sway them. The facts ruin a good troll. Well, at least in their minds anyway.

chf

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I never liked him. I'll say this if you know about Mirer we can't call you a 12.

I'm all good with the angst over the Seattle bandwagon fans. Beats the living fvck out of being irrelevant. But yeah, I'm old. Been a fan since day one. I was briefly a Raider's 'fan' because my Uncle worked at the LA coliseum and would send me Raiders/Warriors gear. Had a Stabler jersey, and a signed picture with the Jamaal Wilkes/Robert Parrish/Rick Barry Warriors.

But I was too young at the time to appreciate it. Have no idea wft even happened to the picture. Would be worth something today.

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He's a man? Jim McMahon was a man too. You see him lately? He's dealing with severe depression and has to play golf bare footed because his feet are so fucked up. Maybe you're into people destroying their bodies for your entertainment but I just can't stomach it. That's why I stopped watching boxing.
Don't play football in the first place then.

Hell, don't do mans work at all.

My entertainment has nothing to do with it.

Sit behind a fucking desk, like a woman, your whole life if you want to be skipping down the street as an old man. By all means, enjoy the safety of that cubicle. Or live your life on your own terms. And accept the consequences.

Jim McMahon had one eye to begin with, along with a fear of forks, I have no sympathy for him. But I respect him. And his headband.

Rockinkuwait

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He's a man? Jim McMahon was a man too. You see him lately? He's dealing with severe depression and has to play golf bare footed because his feet are so fucked up. Maybe you're into people destroying their bodies for your entertainment but I just can't stomach it. That's why I stopped watching boxing.

Depends on how you view it I guess.

Pro football hurts a lot more people than pro boxing ever will. I'm not giving up watching it. It's a choice those players have to make. I've worked dangerous jobs myself and it was my choice. No problem with players that want to keep playing for the money or love of the game. No problem with those who walk away.

Just a question though. Knowing that football impacts so many more lives than boxing did you stop watching that first?