• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Roman to Jacksonville?

supreme_clientele81

Supreme Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Now this has no factual proof that he is going but I was just thinking about it and it makes sense for this to happen.

1. We all know that Dave Caldwel and Greg Roman are college buddies and broke into the league together with the Panthers.

2. Roman is known for his running formations and the Jags have MJD & Rashad Jennings seems like a great fit.

3. Jaguars are in the AFC South so he would only play us every 4 years or in the Superbowl.

Here is where it got kinda interesting to me.

4. Jags need a QB and we have Smith who excelled in Harbaugh/Roman's offense and Roman may throw us a bone and trade a 3rd pick for him before we have to cut him.

5. We play Jacksonville in London next year so the game is guaranteed to be on TV and it would garner more attention for the game since any casual fan would have no reason to watch this game since the Jags suck.

6. Roman really really wants to be a HC

What do you guys think again this is all conspiracy theory stuff and must be taken with a grain of salt but it all made sense in my mind

tzill

Lefty 99
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,064.42
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think it's a conspiracy, I think Alex will end up as Roman's QB in Jax next year. He'll probably bring back a third round pick.

spacedoodoopistol

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
As far as Alex, there's also Norv in Cleveland, which seems like a decent fit.

And as an aside, who knows what MJD's future in Jacksonville is. Relations between he and the organization weren't all that great last year. Maybe a new regime can come repair it.

threelittleturds

anteater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
After Philbin didn't bring Flynn along with him last year, I am not going to assume that Roman will bring Smith with him.

I think Smith has the ability to be a winning QB, but he can't do it by himself.. he needs a complete team. The Jags mirror the 49ers from 2005-2007, some talented players but not a talented team... and we know Alex can't do a whole lot of good in that situation.

1911Alaska

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As far as Alex, there's also Norv in Cleveland, which seems like a decent fit.

And as an aside, who knows what MJD's future in Jacksonville is. Relations between he and the organization weren't all that great last year. Maybe a new regime can come repair it.

really depends on Norvs opinion of Weeden, there first round QB from last year. He didn't look to bad at times this year

tomikcon1971

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Smith could turn into a stop gap for Roman until he got his pistol QB, assuming that's what he'd run. Smith's no dummy, he might not want that.

As for Norv, another possible fit which I think many of us have proposed.

It will be interesting to see what the Alex Smith market turns out to be....

threelittleturds

anteater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It will be interesting to see where Smith lands, I think it would be great if the 49ers can get something for him in a trade. And since he has always been a great guy, I do hope he lands in a good situation. I'd hate to see him fall under another Nolan/Singletary situation which completely sucks for him and any QB.

spacedoodoopistol

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
It will be interesting to see what the Alex Smith market turns out to be....

Because I'm almost entirely ignorant about NCAA football, I was amazed to hear that there probably isn't any 1st round talent in this draft. If this is true, or even close, the market for AS should be substantial enough to get some kind of pick in return....some team would prob. want to nab him before he hits the market.

Kinzu

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If I was Alex I would go to the Jags if Roman ends up the head coach. Hopefully the new GM and Coach could get MJD to stay, but even without him Jennings looked to be a good young back. They also got Justin Blackmon at WR who should develop into an outside threat much like Crabtree has this past year. I think they need work on the offensive line, but Alex and Roman would be a big help toward fixing that.