• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Rolston on hot seat after horrendous start?

forty_three

It’s Raining Falafel
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't want Dudley personally.

There was an article in the Buffalo News last week tossing about some names for the GM position. Mostly young guys who would be first time GMs. I don't remember any of the names off the top of my head other than Botterill, but there were a few solid options.

I'd be wary of a first time GM, because Pegula seems to have a reputation of being an "idea man". I think a guy who's been around a few times and can talk him off the edge is a better idea.

They could go with a young coach, someone more personable to the players. But in the front office, I'd want some experience.

esls79

I am?
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd be wary of a first time GM, because Pegula seems to have a reputation of being an "idea man". I think a guy who's been around a few times and can talk him off the edge is a better idea.

They could go with a young coach, someone more personable to the players. But in the front office, I'd want some experience.

It seems to me "experience" in the front office is what got them in this mess in the first place. I'd want a completely different direction - Ruff's time came and went and so should Darcy's. If I was a Sabres fan, I'd want a Pierre McGuire as a gm - hate him on air all you want but he does know his stuff. I wish the Wild would have hired him instead of Chuck Flethcer a few years ago.

sabresfaninthesouth

Lifelong Cynic
Hoopla Cash
$ 800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've heard his name thrown around a lot too sabrefan. I know they can't just make a change to make a change but I wonder why they are so high on Botterill? There must be a reason, I'm talking about his name being tossed around nationally not just here.

I think people are high on Botterill for a lot of reasons.

The guy is apparently very smart for starters. He's also served with the Penguins in various assistant GM (or similar) roles since 2007. I think it's that experience that makes him jump to the top of a lot of lists. Plus I've seen a lot of people who seem to think he has much more of a role than what you'd normally expect from a GM.

sabresfaninthesouth

Lifelong Cynic
Hoopla Cash
$ 800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I actually want the young blood. I think sticking with the old guard was what got them in trouble. Bring in a totally fresh face who might have some crazy ideas and see where it goes.

dash

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy bacon
Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I actually want the young blood. I think sticking with the old guard was what got them in trouble. Bring in a totally fresh face who might have some crazy ideas and see where it goes.

Do we want old man Patterson with his finger on the button?

trash-titans.jpg

IPostedWhat

I'm So High Right Now
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Unfortunately he is not going to improve his NHL skills playing with Scott and McCormick. He's better off in Rochester.

Agreed. But I think Regier has to make the decision to send him to Rochester.

So there we are again.

The only problem is that he can't be sent to Rochester and play, only back to Juniors.

BOSSMANPC

Harbor Center
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The only problem is that he can't be sent to Rochester and play, only back to Juniors.

Are you sure IPW because I thought that got tossed out the window when they kept him last year beyond the nine game limit. I could be wrong though, it wouldn't be the first time. :lol:

IPostedWhat

I'm So High Right Now
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Are you sure IPW because I thought that got tossed out the window when they kept him last year beyond the nine game limit. I could be wrong though, it wouldn't be the first time. :lol:

Last year, he was sent back to Juniors first to play with the Quebec Ramparts before then going to Rochester.

The only reason why he was able to go to Rochester, was because the Ramparts were eliminated from the playoffs, therefore he couldn't stay in Juniors anymore. He only joined Rochester for 2 playoff games before they were also eliminated.

BOSSMANPC

Harbor Center
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Last year, he was sent back to Juniors first to play with the Quebec Ramparts before then going to Rochester.

The only reason why he was able to go to Rochester, was because the Ramparts were eliminated from the playoffs, therefore he couldn't stay in Juniors anymore. He only joined Rochester for 2 playoff games before they were also eliminated.

OK, Got it. Thanks.

BOSSMANPC

Harbor Center
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hey IPW, Did you see my post #5607 in the NFL thread? I like what I see in Mack

IPostedWhat

I'm So High Right Now
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Unfortunately, sending him back to Juniors right now is pointless. It will do nothing to help him develop and get back to playing in the NHL.
He can't be sent to Rochester, and he's not good enough to be in the lineup on the Sabres. He's stuck in limbo.

Listening to Paul Hamilton the other day on WGR, he said that you won't find one player, or anyone in the organization that would say that Ruff, Rolston, or anyone else is to blame for what has happened to him.

The majority say that he's been given way too many chances, and his attitude and work ethic suck. Other players have shown they deserve to be in the lineup way more than he does.

Sabres took a chance on this kid at the draft, and this result does not surprise some people at all.

TiLoBrown

Way too mad about Rep!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No, I agree with not paying to send a message. I'm only paying for the final Devils home game because it SHOULD be Marty's last. The last lockout was the final straw for me. But not paying because the team sucks? Thats pretty bullshit IMO.

sabresfaninthesouth

Lifelong Cynic
Hoopla Cash
$ 800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
OK, that makes sense with Grigorenko. I didn't realize he wasn't eligible for Rochester yet.

Yeah, that makes it a bit tougher. I still think I'd rather see him in Juniors than in Buffalo right now. He's not getting on the ice much, so I'd rather see him have a chance to develop than just sitting on the bench.