• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Rodgers to meet with the Jets

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Even as a diehard Bears/anti-Packers fan, I gotta say the Pack got the better end of this deal.

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
the conditional is where I am upset with the jets... the purpose of a conditional is to protect yourself... they are not protecting themselves well enough... hell, I would have been fine with the same deal, just with the conditional being that the jets make the playoffs... but 65% is just weird, and creates some potentially weird situations...

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
the conditional is where I am upset with the jets... the purpose of a conditional is to protect yourself... they are not protecting themselves well enough... hell, I would have been fine with the same deal, just with the conditional being that the jets make the playoffs... but 65% is just weird, and creates some potentially weird situations...

Eh that doesn't surprise me as much as them giving up the 2nd this year. The conditional first is basically like a 2nd (because of just the way value works). But you're also right, barring an injury he's going to play 65%+ snaps this year... and then either retire or likely start to decline in 2024, so losing the 1st there hurts because that's probably when you want a new QB.

Again giving up a 2024 1st is not bad if you're buying him for a 1 (or at best 2) year shot... but the 2023 2nd too boot (which is not like a LATE 2nd by any means) is where I really scratched my head.

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Eh that doesn't surprise me as much as them giving up the 2nd this year. The conditional first is basically like a 2nd (because of just the way value works). But you're also right, barring an injury he's going to play 65%+ snaps this year... and then either retire or likely start to decline in 2024, so losing the 1st there hurts because that's probably when you want a new QB.

Again giving up a 2024 1st is not bad if you're buying him for a 1 year shot... but the 2023 2nd too boot (which is not like a LATE 2nd by any means) is where I really scratched my head.

not saying I am not surprised... really, I am surprised the jets didn't totally fuck this up...

I just think the conditional creates some very weird story lines... that are just very unnecessary

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So hiow do the jets fit AR's salary under the cap? Make it a bonus and extend him for ten years?

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,330.02
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I’d never agree to that conditional. The Jets are one of the worst franchises in all of North American sports. I wouldn’t want them making the playoffs to be part of any conditional. Snaps played as a percentage of total snaps is completely fair.

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I’d never agree to that conditional. The Jets are one of the worst franchises in all of North American sports. I wouldn’t want them making the playoffs to be part of any conditional. Snaps played as a percentage of total snaps is completely fair.

except it brings in stupid drama... what if the jets are 4-7 there first 11 games... do they start Rodgers for the rest of the season?? or make sure he doesn't get to 65%.... stupid things like that...

I would rather there be no reason NOT to start him throughout the season... again, conditionals are created to protect, why go half-assed... and if you are so confident that he will be good, why make a conditional at all??

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,330.02
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
except it brings in stupid drama... what if the jets are 4-7 there first 11 games... do they start Rodgers for the rest of the season?? or make sure he doesn't get to 65%.... stupid things like that...

I would rather there be no reason NOT to start him throughout the season... again, conditionals are created to protect, why go half-assed... and if you are so confident that he will be good, why make a conditional at all??
For the record, I’m in the camp that is saying this whole idea was foolish from the Jets. They have a 2 year window and they’re the Jets again.

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
For the record, I’m in the camp that is saying this whole idea was foolish from the Jets. They have a 2 year window and they’re the Jets again.

it really is not foolish at all... Jets needed a veteran QB, Saleh needs to keep his job... the upside here is Saleh will look like a hero...

Saleh looked hopeless as an offensive head coach... say whatever you want about Wilson, but Saleh didn't create a good situation... With a HOF QB, Saleh can almost forget about offense, and focus on the defense he loves...

fastforward

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,832.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think the Jets gave up too much. The conditional pick should have been in 2025 and upgraded if Rodgers played 600+ snaps in 2024. What's the point of a conditional pick upgrade based on 2023 if Rodgers retires before 2024? By all means make it a 5th & 7th rather than a 6th but protect yourself for 2024. :nono:

Coily1

Reported to Moderḁtors
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,007.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Even as a diehard Bears/anti-Packers fan, I gotta say the Pack got the better end of this deal.
For the 2nd time in a row, the Jets take GB’s flaky old HoF QB. NYJ are in an okay place right now, but they could have overpaid for a younger Lamar Jackson, instead of 1-2 years of whatever Rodgers might have left. Dead cap money aside, GB is in a decent situation money-wise after this year, because the Jets pick up the full salary.

Effectively the dumb Jets inherit GB’s gamble that Rodgers can win them a championship as a 40-yr-old QB.

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
For the 2nd time in a row, the Jets take GB’s flaky old HoF QB. NYJ are in an okay place right now, but they could have overpaid for a younger Lamar Jackson, instead of 1-2 years of whatever Rodgers might have left. Dead cap money aside, GB is in a decent situation money-wise after this year, because the Jets pick up the full salary.

Effectively the dumb Jets inherit GB’s gamble that Rodgers can win them a championship as a 40-yr-old QB.
This is true. Rodgers should be motivated.

Like the Rams and Buc's....1 championship makes it smart.

Coily1

Reported to Moderḁtors
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,007.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is true. Rodgers should be motivated.

Like the Rams and Buc's....1 championship makes it smart.
It’s a low percentage move, to be sure. I don’t get the sense that these Jets are built for a championship the way those Rams and Bucs teams were.

I do applaud being proactive in trying to win, even if the Jets are only slightly less cursed of a team than the Browns.

VikingFan2k2

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's a fair deal, but they hardly fleeced them. For a smart organization, Green Bay really played this poorly.

All I heard all along by local fans was that the Packers had all of the leverage here (although to be fair, Minnesota Packer fans are across the board much bigger obnoxious homers than Wisconsin Packer fans). This is despite Rodgers both not wanting to be there and the Jets being the only bidders.

Had Green Bay done this right and not extended him, traded him to Denver so that he could be with his bitch Hackett (Who is now the Jets OC, funny) and then given the reigns to Love. They not only would have an idea if Love is the guy to build around or if they need to draft another QB. They also would have gotten way more draft capital and unloaded that albatross of a contract for an aging player.

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don’t get the sense that these Jets are built for a championship the way those Rams and Bucs teams were
jets have playmakers and draft picks. Head coach wants to stay the head coach and perhaps Rodgers is strongly motivated.
I didn't think Stafford could play big in big moments. We'll see. I'm aware this depends greatly on Aaron giving a shit.

Good TV.

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It’s a low percentage move, to be sure. I don’t get the sense that these Jets are built for a championship the way those Rams and Bucs teams were.

I do applaud being proactive in trying to win, even if the Jets are only slightly less cursed of a team than the Browns.
After the bye week their defense (with no help from the offense) held opposing teams to

And before the bye week they were on a 5-1 run.

The Jets offense scored 15 points the last 3 weeks of the season. And averaged 8.4 points a game over the last 5.

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's a fair deal, but they hardly fleeced them. For a smart organization, Green Bay really played this poorly.

All I heard all along by local fans was that the Packers had all of the leverage here (although to be fair, Minnesota Packer fans are across the board much bigger obnoxious homers than Wisconsin Packer fans). This is despite Rodgers both not wanting to be there and the Jets being the only bidders.

Had Green Bay done this right and not extended him, traded him to Denver so that he could be with his bitch Hackett (Who is now the Jets OC, funny) and then given the reigns to Love. They not only would have an idea if Love is the guy to build around or if they need to draft another QB. They also would have gotten way more draft capital and unloaded that albatross of a contract for an aging player.
Totally botched by the Packers.

They can hope the Jets suck and get a high pick in 2024, but chances are they get an extra pick in the mid to late 20s.

Moab

Hoopla Cash
$ 260.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Totally botched by the Packers.

They can hope the Jets suck and get a high pick in 2024, but chances are they get an extra pick in the mid to late 20s.

No, it's totally botched if they F'up all the picks they got, other than that you don't know what you're talking about.

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No, it's totally botched if they F'up all the picks they got, other than that you don't know what you're talking about.
A pick in the 20s in the future. A pick in the 40s now. Doesn't matter who you pick with them. That's not a lot of help to replace a legend at QB.