• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Rodgers to meet with the Jets

Niner Outlaw

Stay out of my territory.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There is no Packers bullshit. Hand over 2 firsts or have another season below .500. Packers don't care if he's not traded, retired or sits their bench.
If Howie was in this position the Packers are in you'd be all over him praising him he's a genius for giving the Jets what they want.
Everything I've read says that the Packers DO care and that they don't want Arod back.

PnkPanther

Hoopla Cash
$ 253.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There is no Packers bullshit. Hand over 2 firsts or have another season below .500. Packers don't care if he's not traded, retired or sits their bench.
If Howie was in this position the Packers are in you'd be all over him praising him he's a genius for giving the Jets what they want.

Strongly disagree. He's got a 58 million dollar bonus they do not want to pay, GB is not going to get 2 firsts and a team to pick up his 58 million dollar bonus for a one year rental

They also don't want to pay him 58 million to be a malcontent either starting or sitting on bench

You're greatly overestimating GB's leverage in this situation

PnkPanther

Hoopla Cash
$ 253.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I haven't heard 2nd and conditional pick. Last I heard is 2 firsts but the Jets want a first back if Rodgers retires which GB is unwilling to do.
I do agree Rodgers should have been traded last year.
The GM has already said a first round (much less 2) isn't necessary

I've stated what I think they'll get, this years 2nd and conditional pick next year

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Packers do care if he's not traded. That is a complete failure. Crazy how you are your own person with your own brain yet the Packers front office tells you what to think.

jerseyhawksfan79

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,273.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Packers do care if he's not traded. That is a complete failure. Crazy how you are your own person with your own brain yet the Packers front office tells you what to think.
Yet you think the Packers should just give Rodgers away cause the Jets desperately want him.

jerseyhawksfan79

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,273.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The GM has already said a first round (much less 2) isn't necessary

I've stated what I think they'll get, this years 2nd and conditional pick next year

I haven't seen any quotes in a while so any links I'll gladly read.

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yet you think the Packers should just give Rodgers away cause the Jets desperately want him.
Lol the Jets would take him if he's available. He's the Packers' garbage. The Packers are the ones that blew their load about him. That's why they are so active in the media trying to cover it up and pretend he has value to them.

wilwhite

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Jets want their QB in house sooner rather than later. Offseason program starts Monday.

But failing that (and who knows if Rodgers would even attend?), if the trade happens after the draft a 2023 pick is no longer on the table. That probably benefits the Jets.

Possibly during draft day if the Packers have their eye on somebody when the Jets are on the clock, that pressure gets a deal done.

May 1 the Packers have to extend Love or lose him - but I don't think this is a real deadline and they'll extend him regardless.

If the trade happens after June 1 the Packers can spread Rodgers' existing cap hit over two years. That's a real benefit for the Packers.

So don't be shocked if nothing happens until June or July.

jerseyhawksfan79

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,273.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lol the Jets would take him if he's available. He's the Packers' garbage. The Packers are the ones that blew their load about him. That's why they are so active in the media trying to cover it up and pretend he has value to them.
Fair point on the Pack but let's not sit here and pretend the Jets didn't fumble this as well.

Judge Fudge

One Pretty Kinky Bastard
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,151.20
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Oh My God Omg GIF by The Office

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fair point on the Pack but let's not sit here and pretend the Jets didn't fumble this as well.
You are pretending they fumbled this by signing free agents, making an offer to the Packers and talking to Rodgers. They didn't.

What do you gain by pretending? The whole thing is weird. I get what andrew brandt gets by pretending. He is doing a favor to tighten up his professional/personal network. But you (and others) playing along is the sad part.

The Jets were executing an offseason plan. During the offseason. The Packers are trying to hold Rodgers hostage because they're petty little bitches. A whole franchise with a grudge against their best player. It's pathetic.

wilwhite

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You are pretending they fumbled this by signing free agents, making an offer to the Packers and talking to Rodgers. They didn't.

What do you gain by pretending? The whole thing is weird. I get what andrew brandt gets by pretending. He is doing a favor to tighten up his professional/personal network. But you (and others) playing along is the sad part.

The Jets were executing an offseason plan. During the offseason. The Packers are trying to hold Rodgers hostage because they're petty little bitches. A whole franchise with a grudge against their best player. It's pathetic.
I don't think it's about hostages. See post 435.

Only way a deal gets done before June 2 is if the Jets offer something to compensate the Pack for not being able to spread the cap hit.

And they might. Might be a question of eating a few million more to get Rodgers in faster.