• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Rodgers to meet with the Jets

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They could have had anyone in FA but they went the route of pleasing a QB that's not on the roster. The Packers can sit and wait till the Jets give them what they want. Why hand over a QB to a desperate team without a QB and give in to their demands? Packers play the waiting game and if the Jets don't move on it then Rodgers plays another season for the Pack, or he sits or retires. Either way the Jets will give up 2 firsts.
Hilarious. A wonder why no one else is just trading for Rodgers since the Packers are being so reasonable with the asking price for a player they declared they do not want.

jerseyhawksfan79

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,273.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hilarious. A wonder why no one else is just trading for Rodgers since the Packers are being so reasonable with the asking price for a player they declared they do not want.
Of course the Packers are being unreasonable with the asking price but it's the dumbass Jets FO that shouted from roof tops they want Rodgers. Any GM would do the same asking for 2 firsts. You want him that bad, pay up. It's quite simple.

Moab

Hoopla Cash
$ 260.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Green Bay should give away all their draft picks to get rid of Rodgers and have a last place team?
You think that Love starting with a bad team will make him happy?
Are you sure they're a last place team?

I have zero faith in love.
but sounds like the Packers do.
I think starting over with neither would be best for the packers, but I am not a packers fan so I am happy they stick with Love.
How many guys have you stated you've had zero faith in have proven you wrong? To me, this is starting over, they've been trying to build a D for years now and it seems to me that they now have some good young players on that side of the ball.

Granted I'm a Packers' fan, but at this point I'm ready for a change as I'm tired of 1 guy being bigger than the team...for the 2nd time in 15 years, as I've seen the movie with Favre and now Rodgers pulled the same crap, so whichever way it goes is fine by me. Both of those guys brought a trophy to Green Bay after 30 years of totally shit football, so if I have to live with a few years of that again I'm ok with it. As long as there is light at the end of the tunnel and it isn't a train.

Schmoopy1000

When all else fails, Smack em' in the Mouth!
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,257.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Are you sure they're a last place team?

How many guys have you stated you've had zero faith in have proven you wrong? To me, this is starting over, they've been trying to build a D for years now and it seems to me that they now have some good young players on that side of the ball.

Granted I'm a Packers' fan, but at this point I'm ready for a change as I'm tired of 1 guy being bigger than the team...for the 2nd time in 15 years, as I've seen the movie with Favre and now Rodgers pulled the same crap, so whichever way it goes is fine by me. Both of those guys brought a trophy to Green Bay after 30 years of totally shit football, so if I have to live with a few years of that again I'm ok with it. As long as there is light at the end of the tunnel and it isn't a train.
I dont blame you. Rodgers is definitely a me person & put ther Packers in a bad spot.
Look on the bright side.
You move on from him this year. Love proves me wrong & you have a QB.
He proves me right & you will be in a good spot to draft your next QB.
Either way. I dont think the packers make the playoffs this year.

Meaning this is the perfect year to find out about Love. (no real expectations)

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Of course the Packers are being unreasonable with the asking price but it's the dumbass Jets FO that shouted from roof tops they want Rodgers. Any GM would do the same asking for 2 firsts. You want him that bad, pay up. It's quite simple.
You are imagining the Jets doing anything else except being an available spot for an "old unwanted QB." That's what the Packers say he is.

The Packers have nothing else to do with him. The Jets have made the highest offer. You are falling for Packers' bullshit.

VikingFan2k2

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rodgers haters getting a lot of air time spewing their fevered nonsense

Considering the amount of ammo that he's given us "haters", I think we've actually gone easy on him.

The only reason he's gotten away with being such a complete prick for as long for as he has is because he was a great player. There is a good chance that he's not anymore. QBs often fall off a cliff at his age.

Moab

Hoopla Cash
$ 260.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rodgers is a shit head.
If the shithead was my QB, then I'd be more tolerant towards his shitheadness. But he's not.

Ask packer fans.

Meh...people are people and all have their quirks...so whatever

Thruthefog

Can'tre Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,000.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Jets couldn't have handled this any worse if they tried.

Reminds me of the Lions under Patricia.

Schmoopy1000

When all else fails, Smack em' in the Mouth!
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,257.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, the jets never drafted a QB worth a shit unless we want to go back to the 60's
you know they have to have PTSD on drafting QBs when they draft Ken O'Brien before Dan Marino!

Dude

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,999.86
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jets suck, boo. They are probably most hated in AFCE, and that’s a mouthful.

PnkPanther

Hoopla Cash
$ 253.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Green Bay isn't getting two firsts. You're forgetting money owed they don't want to pay. He already admitted he's 90% out the door.

2nd and conditional pick next year is more than fair and my opinion overpay. They should've traded him last year.

Battlelyon

2021 Super Bowl Champions Rams
Hoopla Cash
$ 118.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
you know they have to have PTSD on drafting QBs when they draft Ken O'Brien before Dan Marino!
Maybe

JETS qbs drafted

Zach Wilson '21
James Morgan '20
Sam Darnold '18
Christian Hackenberg '16
Bryce Petty '15
Tajh Boyd '14
Geno Smith '13
Greg McElroy '11
Mark Sanchez '09
Erik Ainge '08
Kellen Clemens '06
Brooks Bollinger '03
Chad Pennington '00
Chuck Clements '97
Glenn Foley '94
Jeff Blake '92
Browning Nagle '91
Bill Ransdell '87
Ken Hobart '84
Turner Gill '84
Ken O'Brien '83
Danny Sanders '79
Pat Ryan '78
Matt Robinson '77
Dave Buckey '76
Al Woodall '69
Bob Biletnikoff '67
Joe Namath '65
John Huarte '65

jerseyhawksfan79

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,273.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You are imagining the Jets doing anything else except being an available spot for an "old unwanted QB." That's what the Packers say he is.

The Packers have nothing else to do with him. The Jets have made the highest offer. You are falling for Packers' bullshit.
There is no Packers bullshit. Hand over 2 firsts or have another season below .500. Packers don't care if he's not traded, retired or sits their bench.
If Howie was in this position the Packers are in you'd be all over him praising him he's a genius for giving the Jets what they want.

jerseyhawksfan79

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,273.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Green Bay isn't getting two firsts. You're forgetting money owed they don't want to pay. He already admitted he's 90% out the door.

2nd and conditional pick next year is more than fair and my opinion overpay. They should've traded him last year.
I haven't heard 2nd and conditional pick. Last I heard is 2 firsts but the Jets want a first back if Rodgers retires which GB is unwilling to do.
I do agree Rodgers should have been traded last year.