• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Robinson Cano signing already paying dividends for the Mariners FO

seahawksfan234

Radical Moderate
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Every year I attend Mariners Fanfest. For those of you unaware, the Mariners host Fanfest at Safeco Field every year in around the 3rd weekend of January. I've gone every year since I found out about it 10 years ago. It is a fun way of getting a little taste of baseball months before the season starts.

But that is not my main point. My main point is that by judging the attendance at fanfest, interest in the team has gone through the roof. The Mariners made a big deal because Robinson Cano was going to be there and over the past 10 years I've gone to Fanfest I have never seen it this crowded.

My friends and I were speculating that it could also be due to the fact that the Seahawks are really lighting a fire under the sports scene in Seattle and possibly some of that interest is trickling over to the Mariners as well. With how exciting the Seahawks have been, their success could have sparked interest in pro sports among those who never had any to begin with.

But the Mariners front office has got to be ecstatic right now. The fact that Fanfest attendance was so high this year I think is an indication that they are likely to see a boost in ticket sales and overall interest in the team.

With the massive enthusiasm that the city has for the Seahawks currently I think it shows this city is just dying for a winner. For those of you who live outside of Seattle, you can't go outside without seeing someone wearing Seahawk gear or seeing 12th man flags all over the place. I've been saying it before, if the Mariners front office puts money in free agent signings, they will see astronomical returns. The interest already generated simply by signing Cano demonstrates that if the Mariners put together a winner they could rake in soooo much money.

On my way to Safeco I stopped at the Seahawks team store and wow, it was packed. Seahawks gear is flying off the shelves, if the Mariners put together a winner they can have something similar.

Podunkparte

12 > 49
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,184.88
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The 12th Man is literally everywhere because the Seahawks are winning.

Fanfest may have been crowded but if the team on the field doesn't starting winning more games than it loses those crowds won't stay interested long throughout a 162 game season.

Opening day is always really exciting and crowded too, but that doesn't mean much when September comes and we're seating 10,000 people on a Friday night because we've lost 8 straight for the 3rd time in 2 months and everyone's wondering what the missing piece is.

Logicallylethal

Hoopla Cash
$ 933.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The fan base and support is there...we're just waiting for the right product to get excited about. I see so many stadiums across the major leagues with playoff contending teams that have half empty seats. I have no doubt that we would fill the seats in Safeco if the Mariners would just trot out playoff contender.

seahawksfan234

Radical Moderate
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The fan base and support is there...we're just waiting for the right product to get excited about. I see so many stadiums across the major leagues with playoff contending teams that have half empty seats. I have no doubt that we would fill the seats in Safeco if the Mariners would just trot out playoff contender.

I believe if the Mariners had a playoff contender they could be one of the most profitable teams in MLB. Give this city a winner and they'll give you some of the best fan support in pro sports.

NWinAZ

#SeaUsTreadWater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When Mariners were a playoff team we lead the majors in attendance. There is no doubt baseball is big in Seattle, but fans are waiting for a MLB team again and I for one need to be proved that they are willing to win and for the long haul and not a one year wonder deal.

Cano moved really didn't impress me all that much as a Mariner fan in all honesty because it alone just shows old management style of paying for a one trick pony to get the fans in. I said the same in the Felix extension. We need to still take the next steps for me to be satisfied.

TheDman875

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hey NWinAZ. You need to update your profile sig to "waiting for #3"! :suds: