• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Robert Quinn

Rollingthndr

FantasyFootball Pessimist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Anyone watch the Robert Quinn clip on top 100 players last night, then think of Nick Fairley, then puke?

Gulf of Brazil

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,227.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
rolling

you and I had this discussion during the lead up to this years draft, reflecting back on Quinn vs Fairley option.

Quinn was suspended for a year from college football and Fairley was already known to have work ethic issues dating back to H.S. However, Quinn shined in his combine and private workouts. Fairley, no need to go there.

hindsight is great but it would have been better for Mayhew to have a little foresight knowing what Cliff Avril brought to the table and newly signed FA DE K.VB was a stop gap DE for a couple of years.

Naughtymax

Internet MMA God
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I will definitely attend a few Rams games this year. If they can get a short passing game going because Bradford can't throw a deep ball to save his life, they could be fun to watch.

tpaulus_2

Top-5 Arm Chair GM
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He was the obvious choice in hindsight, but the other 15 or so teams that passed on him clearly fucked up also...

Old Lion

Pay no attention to that man behind the curtain
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Would have been nice to have both him and Ziggy. Again we still had Avril and Young. I assume Management had a higher opinion of them then I did.

I cant fault them too much though. Fairly was highly rated. Not like we used a top 5 on him.

jdwills126

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He was the obvious choice in hindsight, but the other 15 or so teams that passed on him clearly fucked up also...

You are correct but the Lions had just taken Suh and didn't really have a huge need at DT. It was Schwartz and Mayhew's idea to have a dominant interior D-Line. Detroit was getting ready to part ways with Avril and Quinn IMO was a better fit.

I can say that not in hindsight as I have stuck to that opinion from the night they drafted Fairley.

Now if Mayhew would have came out and said Quinn had character issues or the Lions didn't want to take player after they missed a year like Mike Williams I would say OK. Don't like it but can see Mayhew's reasoning and he is the expert.

Old Lion

Pay no attention to that man behind the curtain
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Didn't some of you guys want Dion Jordan too? How did that turn out?

Rollingthndr

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
rolling

you and I had this discussion during the lead up to this years draft, reflecting back on Quinn vs Fairley option.

Quinn was suspended for a year from college football and Fairley was already known to have work ethic issues dating back to H.S. However, Quinn shined in his combine and private workouts. Fairley, no need to go there.

hindsight is great but it would have been better for Mayhew to have a little foresight knowing what Cliff Avril brought to the table and newly signed FA DE K.VB was a stop gap DE for a couple of years.

Yeah I know Big_blue,
I know it is hindsight but I being at work the night it happened and asking someone to tell me who we picked as I couldn't see the screen, the guy whispers "Nick Fairley". I was like WTF!! I was really hoping Tyron Smith would slip that year. I do get Mayhew's idea of trying to put 2 bad ass DT's together even though no other GM ever tried that. You are right on both of them having red flags though, guess that is the crap shoot of the draft.

LPinSLC

Gang Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sammie Lee Hill was also on the roster and proved to be a later round gem. When you hit on those guys you don't draft that same position high without wasting said gem. Hindsight is what it is but at the time it didn't make sense either.

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Still haven't figured out when the Tide turned on Fairley. Or why. Dudes good.

Rollingthndr

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

He is good. For 1 quarter against the Saints. Then he got hurt. Per the usual.

themuzzer

Hoopla Cash
$ 400.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I think he's just fine.....Can Detroit afford to lose both him and Suh up front after this season? I can't wait to bitch about how our D-line sucks after this year along with the secondary........But Hey, if they both leave we should have plenty of money to sign another WR.:laugh3:

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
At first I thought it was just to piss Swarm off.(which made a great deal of sense at the time) Then I realized the board had collectively decided to not like our third best player on defense. I'll take lazy and talented over shitty anyday.

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think he's just fine.....Can Detroit afford to lose both him and Suh up front after this season? I can't wait to bitch about how our D-line sucks after this year along with the secondary........But Hey, if they both leave we should have plenty of money to sign another WR.:laugh3:

Can you imagine if TWO first round DLineman leave at the same time? As soon as we punt once the games over.

themuzzer

Hoopla Cash
$ 400.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Can you imagine if TWO first round DLineman leave at the same time? As soon as we punt once the games over.

Sure I can, It's Mayhew after all and he's all about winning this year and fuck next year.......Read the writing on the wall....

Mayhew and company are gone without the playoffs, and Suh and Fairley haven't been re-signed......It's a waiting game between players and management.

It's a do or die for both sides....Funny how some will be playing for their jobs and others for their contracts....Sure hope Stafford and CJ don't say "Fuck It" because they got paid......

themuzzer

Hoopla Cash
$ 400.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hey, I am going to post something positive right now......Get ready for it.......I'm dead serious when I say this is positive.

I haven't heard shit about off field issues........Spin it anyway you want...In my book that says discipline......Maybe the right coaching staff? I don't know but I remember the POT and DUI days under Schwartz....(Pizza days too for Burleson) WTF?...........

No news is good news......Congrats to the Lions for keeping the Lions out of the County Jail and out of the News.......

If that's what it takes to turn the culture around then I'm all for it.......Lay off the weed guys, you are teaching these young guys that it's ok to do it....They learn from you too.

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He has proved to be talented, injury prone, and lazy.

He started 15/16 last year. Played in atleast 10 all three years. (Suspension accounts for 40% of his missed games.) Hell, Nerfs only missed ten games in his career.

LPinSLC

Gang Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He started 15/16 last year. Played in atleast 10 all three years. (Suspension accounts for 40% of his missed games.) Hell, Nerfs only missed ten games in his career.

"Missed games" shows the games he never played in. How many games did he play but was limited from injury. I could forget that if he wasn't a lazy ass.

jdwills126

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Fairley plays well the Lions can afford to tag him.

That is not an option for Suh.

I think if Fairley under performs the Lions will let him go and look in FA. As for Suh I think both sides are preparing for him to play elsewhere next year.