• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Robert Quinn

Rollingthndr

FantasyFootball Pessimist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Fairley plays well the Lions can afford to tag him.

That is not an option for Suh.

I think if Fairley under performs the Lions will let him go and look in FA. As for Suh I think both sides are preparing for him to play elsewhere next year.

If they were preparing for him to play elsewhere, why did they not draft Donald Brown?

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"Missed games" shows the games he never played in. How many games did he play but was limited from injury. I could forget that if he wasn't a lazy ass.

I don't know. Never really payed attention I guess. (I do pay attention to snap counts, only Suh and Willie Young had more on the DLine. Ansah had over 100 less.)Shaun Rodgers annoyed the hell out of me back in the day. But until this offseason I hadn't really thought of Nerf as overly lazy. Fat, lazy and unenthused sure, but I expect a certain amount of that from DTackles. That's why I love Suh so much. (On the franchise tag deal: Suh would get a 20% raise, how much more would Fairley make? Don't think tagging him is a possibility really.)

ShadowJ20

I'm Batman
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
rolling

you and I had this discussion during the lead up to this years draft, reflecting back on Quinn vs Fairley option.

Quinn was suspended for a year from college football and Fairley was already known to have work ethic issues dating back to H.S. However, Quinn shined in his combine and private workouts. Fairley, no need to go there.

He also had a brain tumor.

jdwills126

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If they were preparing for him to play elsewhere, why did they not draft Donald Brown?

Got me. I wonder why they draft 1/2 the guys they do draft. They resigned Pettigrew so why draft Ebron?

If they really wanted to tie up Fairley why not pickup his option. It's up to Fairley.

LPinSLC

Gang Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't know. Never really payed attention I guess. (I do pay attention to snap counts, only Suh and Willie Young had more on the DLine. Ansah had over 100 less.)Shaun Rodgers annoyed the hell out of me back in the day. But until this offseason I hadn't really thought of Nerf as overly lazy. Fat, lazy and unenthused sure, but I expect a certain amount of that from DTackles. That's why I love Suh so much. (On the franchise tag deal: Suh would get a 20% raise, how much more would Fairley make? Don't think tagging him is a possibility really.)

I love me some Suh. High motor, physical freak, always in shape, and you just don't see that often from that position. How much money is too much though? I'd love to have him retire a Lion if it's possible. Fairley is much easier to replace. I'd never tag him anyways. This staff seems like they are ready to do away with questionable character guys even at the expense of talent. Maybe by not picking up his option it will encourage him to put in the effort to earn a new contract. Never understood how playing with a guy like Suh and his work ethic wouldn't motivate him to be in better shape.

themuzzer

Hoopla Cash
$ 400.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree with LPs statement.....I really would like the Lions to act more like Philadelphia when it comes to a player like Desean Jackson.....that's just a cancer, and what do doctors do to cancer? Just cut it out....The Lions need to do that whenever a cancer arises, that's the only real way you're going to change the dynamic of the locker room.

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I love me some Suh. High motor, physical freak, always in shape, and you just don't see that often from that position. How much money is too much though? I'd love to have him retire a Lion if it's possible. Fairley is much easier to replace. I'd never tag him anyways. This staff seems like they are ready to do away with questionable character guys even at the expense of talent. Maybe by not picking up his option it will encourage him to put in the effort to earn a new contract. Never understood how playing with a guy like Suh and his work ethic wouldn't motivate him to be in better shape.

If keeping Suh means letting Fairley walk, Id pack his bags for him. They are worlds apart in impact IMO. But I still think Fairley is a very good player. I have the same hope as you when it comes to Fairleys option being declined. That's been something that bothers me with this organization for a long time. They feed guys before they're hungry. Competition and hunger are good things in football.(Look at the effort all the no-names give in pre-season games. They do everything they can just to make a roster. And many never make it.) Maybe we'll see that work with Nerf this year. (Although there's really no competition at Dtackle, but still.)

themuzzer

Hoopla Cash
$ 400.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If keeping Suh means letting Fairley walk, Id pack his bags for him. They are worlds apart in impact IMO. But I still think Fairley is a very good player. I have the same hope as you when it comes to Fairleys option being declined. That's been something that bothers me with this organization for a long time. They feed guys before they're hungry. Competition and hunger are good things in football.(Look at the effort all the no-names give in pre-season games. They do everything they can just to make a roster. And many never make it.) Maybe we'll see that work with Nerf this year. (Although there's really no competition at Dtackle, but still.)

My guess is you will see a very dominant Suh and Fairley......Afterall they both want to get paid.....So I'm guessing you will see some very dominant play.......But it would be dumb to sign either one after both accomplish so much this year because once paid it's right back to being lazy and money oriented.

Get what you can out of them this year and trade the shit out of them at their peak, which will be this year......

tpaulus_2

Top-5 Arm Chair GM
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My guess is you will see a very dominant Suh and Fairley......Afterall they both want to get paid.....So I'm guessing you will see some very dominant play.......But it would be dumb to sign either one after both accomplish so much this year because once paid it's right back to being lazy and money oriented.

Get what you can out of them this year and trade the shit out of them at their peak, which will be this year......

Right back to being lazy and money oriented? Fairley, yes, but when has Suh shown himself to be lazy? Maybe he's money oriented, but at least he gives 100% on the field and stays in top shape and out of trouble in the offseason.

themuzzer

Hoopla Cash
$ 400.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Right back to being lazy and money oriented? Fairley, yes, but when has Suh shown himself to be lazy? Maybe he's money oriented, but at least he gives 100% on the field and stays in top shape and out of trouble in the offseason.

Fairley being the lazy one.....Suh being the money oriented one.......Suh will be the one that hurts the Lions not Fairley.....

Follow the money. If Suh actually signs.....then come to grips with a really bad supporting cast because the Lions won't be able to sign players around him.

Gulf of Brazil

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,227.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
themuzzer said:
Fairley being the lazy one.....Suh being the money oriented one.......Suh will be the one that hurts the Lions not Fairley.....

Follow the money. If Suh actually signs.....then come to grips with a really bad supporting cast because the Lions won't be able to sign players around him.

YEP, :10: :agree:

I've been agreeing with Dr. Evil-er on this topic for months. I will still stand right next to Dr.Evil-er side, when it comes to the stupidity on many of the decisions that Mayhew/Lewand make. not picking up Fairley's 5th year club option was one of the positive moves by those 2.

:hdn: This is Suh making sure Mayhew knows what is coming, financially speaking

:finger2:and this to both Mayhew and Lewand... can't wait until you're both gone... it'll take another 4-5 years of re-building this team after their departure, if the right management team is hired (President and GM)

JMO, and it never really mattered anyways.

Rollingthndr

FantasyFootball Pessimist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

That is what the draft is for, drafting talented, young players to put around your star players. That is why Mayhew spends all his high draft picks on defense and not a #3 TE. Wait a minute....

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Quinn is a RE and we already had KVB locked up at the time. Plus he had medical red flags and missed the entire previous year due to injuries in college.

Credit the Rams for taking a flier on him. Truth is Fairley would probably be Quinn (stud) and Quinn would be Fairley (not living up to peak potential) if the Lions had taken Quinn. Simply put, Jeff Fisher coaches better and gets more out of his defense than anyone the Lions have ever employed.

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
For the life of me I'll never understand why REALLY good players can hurt a team more than underperforming ones. I see it reworded over and over and over and over and over s'more. Never has made one bit of fucking sense. But fuck it, we'll only have one REALLY good player at this time next year, so it won't matter anyway. Then er'rybody gonna be happy, right?

LPinSLC

Gang Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
For the life of me I'll never understand why REALLY good players can hurt a team more than underperforming ones. I see it reworded over and over and over and over and over s'more. Never has made one bit of fucking sense. But fuck it, we'll only have one REALLY good player at this time next year, so it won't matter anyway. Then er'rybody gonna be happy, right?

An underperfoming player in a unit with chemistry can be more effective than a unit with a more talented player but lacks chemistry.