• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Robert Quinn

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Who are the Lions 2 best DT's in the past 15 years or so? Suh and...?

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
An underperfoming player in a unit with chemistry can be more effective than a unit with a more talented player but lacks chemistry.

I don't disagree there. But does our most talented defensive player screw up team chemistry? (I gotta think its ST too Rob. What say you?)

LPinSLC

Gang Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't disagree there. But does our most talented defensive player screw up team chemistry? (I gotta think its ST too Rob. What say you?)
My statement was a generality. Referring to players that have Toxic/poor attitudes being weeded out. Namely Fairley. No reference to Suh what so ever.

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rogers is a good call. Fairley is 3rd by a country mile though. I still say Mayhew knew who he was drafting when he took him, and Fairley is taking the fall for Schwartz who failed to groom him. If Caldwell is this great leader of men, he should have no problem capitalizing on Nick's immense talents and coaching him into a man both on and off the field. When the Lions were looking for a new HC the war cry was "we have the talent to win now, we just need the coach." So wtf.

Sue me if I have zero faith in Mayhew replacing Fairley with even half of what he is worth to this team right now. Andre Fluellen hasn't been hanging around here for 10 years because he's any good, it's because even a street bum can make depth on most of our positions.

Keep Fairley, get rid of Mayhew.

tpaulus_2

Top-5 Arm Chair GM
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agree. I can't think of another of the top of my head.

Um- Chuck Fucking Darby. He was a War Daddy! (whatever the fuck that means)

Corey Redding was decent and went on to become better for Seattle and especially Baltimore. He's no stud, but he did turn out to be a quality starting DT and has played a lot of games.

Other than Redding, Rogers, and probably Cory Williams there's um... well... uh...

LPinSLC

Gang Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rogers is a good call. Fairley is 3rd by a country mile though. I still say Mayhew knew who he was drafting when he took him, and Fairley is taking the fall for Schwartz who failed to groom him. If Caldwell is this great leader of men, he should have no problem capitalizing on Nick's immense talents and coaching him into a man both on and off the field. When the Lions were looking for a new HC the war cry was "we have the talent to win now, we just need the coach." So wtf.

Sue me if I have zero faith in Mayhew replacing Fairley with even half of what he is worth to this team right now. Andre Fluellen hasn't been hanging around here for 10 years because he's any good, it's because even a street bum can make depth on most of our positions.

Keep Fairley, get rid of Mayhew.

The risk Vs. reward at that time made sense. A talented(potentially top 5) player drops to 13 even with red flags is worth the gamble.

Maybe you're right about Schwartz being unable to coach him up, I'd tend to agree with that in fact. Regardless of why he hasn't been able to put it all together, he still hasn't. Hopefully Caldwell is someone that can light a fire under his ass and get him to his true potential. I hope he can.

I'm not anti-Fairley, I'm anti-Lazy. I think it sets a bad example to reward a lazy player with a starting position. If you have players bitter about a differential treatment you have resentment. And see you later chemistry. i

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My statement was a generality. Referring to players that have Toxic/poor attitudes being weeded out. Namely Fairley. No reference to Suh what so ever.

Oh okay, my bad. I have problem at all with a wait and see with Fairley. He cranks it up and goes all out we can see. He doesn't, adios fatboy! Not a foundation piece to me. But I do think he can be an important part of an excellent Line. If he wants to.

jdwills126

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Supplemental picks here we come!!!!!

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Um- Chuck Fucking Darby. He was a War Daddy! (whatever the fuck that means)

Corey Redding was decent and went on to become better for Seattle and especially Baltimore. He's no stud, but he did turn out to be a quality starting DT and has played a lot of games.

Other than Redding, Rogers, and probably Cory Williams there's um... well... uh...

What no Luther Ellis love?