• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Road trip concludes with a visit to an old friend: TEX @ OAK 5/26-29

Kelleyman

Rebuild done....It all starts with pitching
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Big success this year to finish at 500.
Look like we are no longer a bottom feeder

saddles

Be Patient and Finish Right #TakeBackTX
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Big success this year to finish at 500.
Look like we are no longer a bottom feeder
We have been very fortunate this year with injuries. The one injury we had, to Garver, has been more of a blessing that a problem in that it caused us to bring up Huff. If we start to get some key injuries we may go through some major struggles, especially if those injuries are to starting pitchers. Of course, if an injury to a starter forces Burke into the rotation, it could be a similar situation to bringing up Huff.

scotsman1948

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We have been very fortunate this year with injuries. The one injury we had, to Garver, has been more of a blessing that a problem in that it caused us to bring up Huff. If we start to get some key injuries we may go through some major struggles, especially if those injuries are to starting pitchers. Of course, if an injury to a starter forces Burke into the rotation, it could be a similar situation to bringing up Huff.
they would probably find a way to bring up Winn or just bring up Alexy

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's a great start to turning it around. He will need 10 game stretches even better than that to earn his pay, and several of them. He is definitely trending in the right direction.

DT LUNA

Vietnam Veteran
Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A very good observation.

TheLonestarDUCK

Sleep is only for the tired
Hoopla Cash
$ 36,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Every time I get excited about the Rangers in past 7 or 8 years they let us down. I realize they are still one game under .500. Have you looked at the schedule in June? Going to lay it out there. Rangers will be above .500 at the all-star break. Now watch the bastards will go into a funk. Thinking this year might be different.

scotsman1948

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Every time I get excited about the Rangers in past 7 or 8 years they let us down. I realize they are still one game under .500. Have you looked at the schedule in June? Going to lay it out there. Rangers will be above .500 at the all-star break. Now watch the bastards will go into a funk. Thinking this year might be different.
we are still in the building stage this season. the smart move would be to move the tradeable pieces like Calhoun and Perez and several others and bring up those prospects that are at AAA and ready to show us what they've got at the MLB level. it may hurt the record for 2022 but we need to see them now

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Right on cue, after Baseball America puts him in our top 30, Winston Santos goes out and has pitched his best game of the year. He may not be done yet. He has only thrown 61 pitches.

Screenshot_20220529-132304_Samsung Internet.jpg

Kelleyman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Right or wrong it had been made clear Burke is not going to start this year.
Yes we have been fortunate to avoid SP injuries.
A guy like Alexy however flawed he may be for now is a logical candidate. Maybe Winn at some point but I hope they let him stay down and work on his craft for a bit

Kelleyman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
we are still in the building stage this season. the smart move would be to move the tradeable pieces like Calhoun and Perez and several others and bring up those prospects that are at AAA and ready to show us what they've got at the MLB level. it may hurt the record for 2022 but we need to see them now
If he will resign, I hope we can keep Perez

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Alexy however flawed he may be for now is a logical candidate
I have noticed that some guys, once given a chance in the big leagues, have a falling off in their performance if they are returned to the minors. Huff was like that. Maybe, Alexy is too.

scotsman1948

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If he will resign, I hope we can keep Perez
so do i but it would require getting rid of Gray or possibly trading away some of our pitching prospects because there wouldn't room for them at the MLB level

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Right on cue, after Baseball America puts him in our top 30, Winston Santos goes out and has pitched his best game of the year. He may not be done yet. He has only thrown 61 pitches.

View attachment 297643
Santos went one more inning giving up one more hit, a ground rule double, but no more runs.

scotsman1948

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Right or wrong it had been made clear Burke is not going to start this year.
Yes we have been fortunate to avoid SP injuries.
A guy like Alexy however flawed he may be for now is a logical candidate. Maybe Winn at some point but I hope they let him stay down and work on his craft for a bit
and they might also consider Allard for a start or 2

Kelleyman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have noticed that some guys, once given a chance in the big leagues, have a falling off in their performance if they are returned to the minors. Huff was like that. Maybe, Alexy is too.
I think guys work on things in the minors but they have to perform with their best stuff in the MLB. So Alexy could come back and perform well but it might minor his ceiling as you can’t work on stuff in the bigs

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think the Rangers will only have a place for 2 starting pitching prospects to join the club. I don't believe they will have the patience to wait for any others. The rest of the rotation will come from what is already there, free agents, or trade acquisitions. Guys like White, Vanasco, Bratt, Roby and others will most likely be used in trades. I do not necessarily agree with doing it that way, but I think they will. They had better make a lot better decisions that the one they made in acquiring Howard or we will never have a great rotation.

Kelleyman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
and they might also consider Allard for a start or 2
Could be. Guess I f he is still on roster Of course I am not an Allard fan and would even rather have Alexy if there is immediate need

Kelleyman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think the Rangers will only have a place for 2 starting pitching prospects to join the club. I don't believe they will have the patience to wait for any others. The rest of the rotation will come from what is already there, free agents, or trade acquisitions. Guys like White, Vanasco, Bratt, Roby and others will most likely be used in trades. I do not necessarily agree with doing it that way, but I think they will. They had better make a lot better decisions that the one they made in acquiring Howard or we will never have a great rotation.
That is one decision
We have done well acquiring pitching as in Lynn through now Perez

If we bring up 3 to keep we have done well
Hoping more is even possible