• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Rivals Banned

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kace-1

Game of Thoops!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think the Soundoff is dead. It's not as lively and given the structure there it's a pain in the ass for anyone looking to join with all that whitelisting bullshit people have to go through. One of the things I like about the Hoop is the lack of whitelisting reliance. When I registered here, I was able to start posting promptly. I like that.

If Rivals wants that board to pick back up, they need to clear up the whitelisting nonsense. One shouldn't have to bother a bunch of moderators and/or administrators just to post at a message board. My guess is most of the time, people who aren't able to post right away aren't going to at all. They'll just find another place.

Like this one. :thumb:

septimusgreen

Posting under the influence.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Man, it's not any fun anymore. That was destroyed along with the bans. I post over there a little but it's usually in defense of the ones that got banned. Soundoff is dead for the foreseeable future.
Sad but true. As you stated, we lost the best of the best.

catlanta33

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think the personalities they lost will hurt them more. The posters 'running' the site now are mostly contrarians, trolls, posters that were largely ignored or continually mocked or uptight undeserved moral superiority folks.

The good ones left over there will get tired of dealing with them and the newbies will probably end up where most of us did and find little enjoyment in some twink talking about forum rules and telling everyone the words they can't type.

CowpokeU

TCU Homeboard Wrecker
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,250.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As for the word "faggot," my take might be a bit different from others. My introduction to that word was from listening to and watching the music video for "Money for Nothing" by Dire Straits. The way the word was presented in the 2nd verse, I wound up taking it to mean that it was someone who was clever at making money. I think there's a part of me that still holds on to that idea so the word doesn't bother me as much as it probably should.

Wasn't that in reference to overhearing people shit talk Nikki Sixx from Motley Crue and Mark Knoppfler thinking, "yeah that little faggot is a millionaire" in a fuck you dickwad kind of way?

MarineG8R

Anti-Dentite
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'll keep posting on SO at least until the bowl games are over. I'm interested to see how the true off-season will be there.

Kace-1

Game of Thoops!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wasn't that in reference to overhearing people shit talk Nikki Sixx from Motley Crue and Mark Knoppfler thinking, "yeah that little faggot is a millionaire" in a fuck you dickwad kind of way?

"Money for Nothing" came about from Mark listening to some dude in a store shit-talking. He got some heat for using that word and most of the time the whole 2nd verse is removed from radio broadcasts and even MTV/VH1 started excluding it which led to Mark talking about the origin of the song itself.

The way I understand it, he was in an electronics store and I guess there was a display TV on MTV and that led to the rant that Mark would use in his song. Basically, "Money for Nothing" is a protagonist perspective song and not necessarily Mark's point of view. Another good example of this is "The Night They Drove Old Dixie Down" by the Band.

A few years later, that word, along with some others would be used derisively in a Guns N' Roses song "One in a Million" which is also protagonist perspective, but largely based on insecurities Axl Rose was feeling at the time he left Lafayette, IN for Los Angeles.

NU_FTW

I DGAF
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@NU_FTW is pushing AR hard to get ban on rivals

View attachment 192997
LOL im picking at his retarded statements!

and wtf kinda rule is this???
  1. No dominating the conversation. Do not dominate the conversation, whether it is a single thread, or the overall conversation on the board for the day. A successful message board community involves give and take. If one poster contributes too much, to the point of disrupting the community, he or she may be banned.

Seriously who the fuck would agree to that?

Why do posters allow mods to ignore posters who ignore rules and punish others instead of goin above their heads?

Ridiculous. Absolutely ridiculous :D

SignalBama

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Chaos seems to feed chaos. It is kinda like that.
It's a little more than that too though. How people react to things can cause problems or people to take offense. A few people still on SoundOff seems to have forgotten how bans were usually handed out and their duration for certain things.

It's like the rules changed suddenly without warning.

MarineG8R

Anti-Dentite
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And I will continue to boycott any and all dentists.

Hope that works out well for you

MzWP6r3.gif

Kace-1

Game of Thoops!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Prior to my permanent-turned-temporary banning, the only time I had ever suffered any kind of ban there was an overnight one, along with some others. Something to do with Louisville football and the ACC or something. I think I might've called out some alleged hypocrisy about the way things were being run in that thread as opposed to others and I wound up in timeout for a few hours. I got over it.

legalizequack

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think the personalities they lost will hurt them more. The posters 'running' the site now are mostly contrarians, trolls, posters that were largely ignored or continually mocked or uptight undeserved moral superiority folks.

The good ones left over there will get tired of dealing with them and the newbies will probably end up where most of us did and find little enjoyment in some twink talking about forum rules and telling everyone the words they can't type.

Exactly, that is why I left. I bet they missed me.

8085sooner

Homeboard Troll
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When the whitelisting shit of 2016 happened and I came over here. I posted on both boards ever since. I just post on this board more then the others. Now with the last rounds, that board is pretty dead and I could give a fuck about most of the topics.

legalizequack

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think there should be another ask LQ thread. It was a hoot on the other site.

legalizequack

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not sure how to tell you this so just going to say it.

The entire purge was orchestrated solely to get you to leave rivals. Janty told me. Sorry, man.

Put down that Quack pipe man. Who didn't like LQ? Everyone had very similar beliefs to me!

8085sooner

Homeboard Troll
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just this thread has been viewed more then the 2 biggest on Rivals. Hell, one of them is the board sucks, so ask a mod to help you out. If you do not, you can't post but once a day

Status
Not open for further replies.