• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Rivals Banned

Status
Not open for further replies.

tnapucco

Fair as fuck
Hoopla Cash
$ 17,999.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So who are the mods over here??
Mods?
200.gif

@Edisto_Tiger @fordman84 @Shaggy

_rolltideroll_

4 out of 3 people have trouble with basic math...
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,180.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So to put a long story short.

A poster on SO found a dead board that had absolutely no traffic on it. So a pack of posters treated it as an OT thread. And 95% of it was just general BS talk. Same as the OT threads you see on any other board. There was a couple threads where boobs got posted.

Somehow Yahoo (Oath) found the board and the site admin, the same people we as mods would send the whitelist started to IP ban everyone that was a participant. Mods, posters everyone. A couple of us mods wrote a note emails to Yahoo asking if nothing else just to ban the mods that participated, and let the posters stay on SoundOff but in true Yahoo style they went full retard and overkill. And all of the sudden randoms that had nothing to do with the board were getting banned. All in all the count is around 20+ that have been banned.
What a bunch of BS! Ban the good and decent mods, and keep the one douche bag that should have been banned/demoted for years now. You nailed it on the head, "went full retard..."
I can still post there, but really don't have the motivation too, aside from the occasional stirring of the pot.

Judge Fudge

One Pretty Kinky Bastard
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,151.20
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Right on. Is this a polite way of letting us rookies know that its there, or that y'all generally keep politics out of non political threads over here? Whatever the house rules are, good by me. Apologies, so far my impression is this is more or less the Wild West, so trying to feel my way around the place for how things work here.

Kinda. If people don't like it, they'll tell ya to take it to there.

Fair warning: a poster here, slowly raised hand, calls it the " hells gate forum". It is basically a two sided free for all.

CB3UK

Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kinda. If people don't like it, they'll tell ya to take it to there.

Fair warning: a poster here, slowly raised hand, calls it the " hells gate forum". It is basically a two sided free for all.
Only reason I asked is generally at SO the rules were keep politics in the assigned thread. I like to throw potshots but generally refrain, Id rather come unhinged over Mike Brown and Marvin Lewis making more stupid decisions than try to debate politics. Several of the noobs do enjoy political discourse so its good for them to know about it.

Reactions: gob

RealisticUGAfan1191

Go Damn Dawgs!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oath (Yahoo) absolutely does. Greg doesn't look at the boards, seriously he couldn't give a fuck less about them. He is an ad guy that the boards became part of his job duty. Normally he travels for the high school camps and things like that. Anytime we needed him to do something we had to send exact links to what it was because he had no idea of the day to day or even the month to month going on, on the board. So in his mind anything that gets to his level of attention is just easier to exterminate than it is to sort through

Smh......Overreaction of the century..

Judge Fudge

One Pretty Kinky Bastard
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,151.20
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Only reason I asked is generally at SO the rules were keep politics in the assigned thread. I like to throw potshots but generally refrain, Id rather come unhinged over Mike Brown and Marvin Lewis making more stupid decisions than try to debate politics. Several of the noobs do enjoy political discourse so its good for them to know about it.

Oh you and our village idoit will get along so well

78Cyclones

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hey Locals. Do y'all have a thread that shows all the games of the week, start times and what network it's on? I can't find it if you do. Of you don't, you should start putting one together. It's super helpful
Drake @ Iowa State at Noon on Cyclone TV (ISU 3rd Tier Network in the State of Iowa). All you need to know! I'll be listening on the internet radio link. :) Iowa State Radio and Schedule

tnapucco

Fair as fuck
Hoopla Cash
$ 17,999.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
here's teh legal mumbo jumbo regarding that "other" sub-forum...
https://sportshoop.la/threads/ask-a-teacher-a-question-thread.270175/page-7#post-12467687

CowpokeU

TCU Homeboard Wrecker
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,250.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Stop this fucking caravan right now!!!
This is just the first wave. Be patient, far more are coming.

If anything, traffic here will exceed Yahoo/oaths board and the owners here will be happy and give free v-bucks out?

tnapucco

Fair as fuck
Hoopla Cash
$ 17,999.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is just the first wave. Be patient, far more are coming.

If anything, traffic here will exceed Yahoo/oaths board and the owners here will be happy and give free v-bucks out?
...would a hug-n-tug be too much to ask?

Reactions: gob
Status
Not open for further replies.