• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

RIP LC GREENWOOD

MISKO

STILLERS
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Former Steelers defensive end L.C. Greenwood, a member of the Steeler Curtain defense, died this afternoon. He was 67.
Greenwood, who lived in Point Breeze, had been in the hospital for the past couple of days.
Greenwood played for the Steelers from 1969-81 and earned four Super Bowl rings. He was six-time Pro Bowl selection and registered 73 1/2 sacks during his career, which ranks second in franchise history behind Jason Gildon. Greenwood's sacks are unofficial because the NFL did not officially begin keeping track of sacks until 1982.
Greenwood teamed up with Hall of Fame defensive lineman Joe Greene, Dwight White and Ernie Holmes to become the dominant defensive front four in the NFL in the early 1970s. He was often at his best in the biggest games. In the Super Bowl X victory against Dallas, Greenwood sacked Roger Staubach four times.
Greenwood was a finalist for the Pro Football Hall of Fame in 2005 and 2006 but was not elected either year. There had been a movement in recent years to get Greenwood into the Hall of Fame via the veteran's committee.

Former Steeler L.C. Greenwood dies at 67 - Pittsburgh Post-Gazette

evolver115

Garage League
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
One of a kind personality. You could always pick L.C. out of a pile by seeing his gold high tops.

Hollywood Bags, :rip: :bawling:

Midnightangel

Troll slayer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
One of a kind personality. You could always pick L.C. out of a pile by seeing his gold high tops.

Hollywood Bags, :rip: :bawling:

According to him, he was joking.

He didn't want black shoes and was talking to the equipment guy. He said, "Sometimes I'd make a play and the announcer would credit Mean Joe, who was over on the bench. So I wanted shoes that would get noticed"

"I could paint them white for you". Said the equipment man.

"No, someone else already has those." Then he shrugged and said, tongue firmly in cheek, "You could just paint them yellow".

Even when he left football he continued to wear yellow shoes - even on the golf course.

Maybe now they'll put the guy in the HoF.

Rest in peace, L.C.

packerzrule

Pay no attention to the man behind the curtain
Hoopla Cash
$ 30.38
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
farewell to a true warrior

Godspeed LC

NCChiFan

Argumentum artifex
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Loved watching the Steel Curtain play. Fond memories...

Tacoma_canuck

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
According to him, he was joking.

He didn't want black shoes and was talking to the equipment guy. He said, "Sometimes I'd make a play and the announcer would credit Mean Joe, who was over on the bench. So I wanted shoes that would get noticed"

"I could paint them white for you". Said the equipment man.

"No, someone else already has those." Then he shrugged and said, tongue firmly in cheek, "You could just paint them yellow".

Even when he left football he continued to wear yellow shoes - even on the golf course.

Maybe now they'll put the guy in the HoF.

Rest in peace, L.C.

Love that anecdote and definitely didn't get nearly enough credit, imo. Should already be in Canton.
Rest in Peace