• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

The Red Jacket

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just spent Sunday watching DVDs of the first three Patriots' complete year highlights and Super Bowl Victorys.

There guys on these teams that have been ignored by historians and more importantly, the guys who nominate former Patriots for the coveted Patriots Hall of Fame.

There are guys who were the most critical to the success of the Patriots and Tom Brady's records, who have been totally ignored.

In my opinion, and before they are dead, the Patriots should enshrine:

David Givens
Corey Dillon
Eugene Wilson

Without these three players the Patriots would never have been in the Super Bowls in 2001, 2003, 2004.

And believe it or not,, Wilson was the biggest unsung hero with multiple interceptions, forced fumbles and fumble recoveries.

I won't even begin to touch those completely unknown offensive linemen like, Steven Neal, Matt Light or Gorin. They were an impenetrable wall.

You may choose to disagree, But I'm sure that each of you can come up with a name who also should be considered.

Mike Vrabel? % for 5 catching Brady passes. All for touchdowns.

Does leaving the Patriots make them ineligible for a Red Jacket??

Yankee Traveler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mike Vrabel? % for 5 catching Brady passes. All for touchdowns.
Not sure what you're trying to say here...Vrabel went 10 for 10 with the Pats and 12 for 12 career I believe.

Yes I do feel length of time with the Pats should count for receiving a red Jacket.

I believe Moss deserves one for his record setting contributions, but he is really on the razors edge.

Matt Light is already in.

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not sure what you're trying to say here...Vrabel went 10 for 10 with the Pats and 12 for 12 career I believe.
Just saying that as time passes, critical people will be further from younger peoples' minds. I'm an old fart and I remember these guys and spent an entire day watching some of the best football ever played, by plyers that will never get a Gold Jacket but at least deserve consideration for a Red one..

Think about it. Thise first three SB Championships happened 19, 20, 22 years ago. How many of your kids were born then? Or grand kids? My oldest grandson was born in 2002 and has been a Brady fan since he was 18 months old and caught imaginary passes on my couch every Sunday.

Yankee Traveler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agree or disagree...it's offseason clickbait that makes one reminisce and think a little too.
Some really good guys in there, and some that I had forgotten abouttoo.

nefansince75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In my opinion, and before they are dead, the Patriots should enshrine:

David Givens
Corey Dillon
Eugene Wilson

Without these three players the Patriots would never have been in the Super Bowls in 2001, 2003, 2004.
I might agree the Pats would never have been in the 2001 Super Bowl if any of them had been on the 2001 team.