• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Ring of Honor Wrestling

UVA_Guy81

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,000.65
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I liked where he was at with them but not much ROH can do if he wants to go to WWE. He was getting good pushes, they offered him a contract and he just said no.
I can't honestly say much about him. I know of him but don't really recall any matches of his. I have a feeling he'll probably end up in NXT for a year or so and then get lost in the shuffle on RAW or Smackdown like the majority of talent does.

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can't honestly say much about him. I know of him but don't really recall any matches of his. I have a feeling he'll probably end up in NXT for a year or so and then get lost in the shuffle on RAW or Smackdown like the majority of talent does.

The joke on reddit (and its pretty accurate) is he's exactly what WWE wishes Baron Corbin was. But yeah. I don't see him being a big star in WWE. He's pretty fluid for a guy his size so he'll do well in NXT. Main roster will depend on all kinds of factors like what show he gets put on, who else is around him, random luck. Without knowing the money involved, I actually think a guy like him would do better on the independents working ROH/NJPW shows. WWE has hit the point of saturation where they have more talent than they know what to do with. So unless their contracts are decent money (which none of us know), it would seem like it would be better off for some guys to make a go of it elsewhere.

UVA_Guy81

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,000.65
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The joke on reddit (and its pretty accurate) is he's exactly what WWE wishes Baron Corbin was. But yeah. I don't see him being a big star in WWE. He's pretty fluid for a guy his size so he'll do well in NXT. Main roster will depend on all kinds of factors like what show he gets put on, who else is around him, random luck. Without knowing the money involved, I actually think a guy like him would do better on the independents working ROH/NJPW shows. WWE has hit the point of saturation where they have more talent than they know what to do with. So unless their contracts are decent money (which none of us know), it would seem like it would be better off for some guys to make a go of it elsewhere.
I can definitely see them booking him like Corbin.

Fully agree on the main roster being over saturated. I was hoping that Chad Gable would be one of the guys that'd ask for his release so he could go work places like Japan, ROH, etc... He is very talented and they have misused him for most of his time on the main roster. I definitely believe that they're keeping most of the talent on the roster just because they know that NJPW and ROH would snatch a lot of them up in a heartbeat. And I'm sure some could make a good living off of doing Indy's since it seems like that's as hot as it's ever been.

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Watching Final Battle right now. It's been a pretty good show so far even though you know most of the results since The Elite guys (minus Marty) are all leaving the company.

BTW, Pro Tip I've been doing of late for any wrestling PPV; if you're not paying for it and want to see it, just go to Twitch and search the name of the event, or company, or "wrestling". There's usually always someone streaming it, especially big NJPW and WWE shows. Sometimes you have to deal with a talkative Twitch host but its a lot easier than dealing with those malware infested stream sites.

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So ROH has been on a big spending spree with the departure of The Elite. So far they've signed

PCO, Brody King, Bandido, Mark Haskins, Tracey Williams, PJ Black, Colin Delaney, Luchasaurus.

You could also include Jeff Cobb who debuted a couple of months back. They also resigned Flip Gordon, Jay Lethal and Silas Young. Plus, its reported that NJPW stars Zach Sabre Jr and Juice Robinson will be working a lot more dates in ROH this coming year. It's rumored there's more signings to be announced as well.

That's a lot of changes which should make for a fresh look in ROH. Between this and WWE constantly signing up any Indy guy they can find, it makes you wonder who The Elite will have left to fill out AEW's roster

Judge Fudge

One Pretty Kinky Bastard
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,151.20
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So ROH has been on a big spending spree with the departure of The Elite. So far they've signed

PCO, Brody King, Bandido, Mark Haskins, Tracey Williams, PJ Black, Colin Delaney, Luchasaurus.

You could also include Jeff Cobb who debuted a couple of months back. They also resigned Flip Gordon, Jay Lethal and Silas Young. Plus, its reported that NJPW stars Zach Sabre Jr and Juice Robinson will be working a lot more dates in ROH this coming year. It's rumored there's more signings to be announced as well.

That's a lot of changes which should make for a fresh look in ROH. Between this and WWE constantly signing up any Indy guy they can find, it makes you wonder who The Elite will have left to fill out AEW's roster

Good for some indy guys who are looking for a break which inturn be good for AEW when these guys become FA

futballiscool

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Just want to go on record that I absolutely love the Enzo and Cass signing.

Enzo is a larger than life personality that reminds me of the wrestlers of my youth in the late 80s that got me interested in this stuff in the first place. He was cutting some of the best promos in years at WWE when he was on his game.

Right before he got fired Cass was actually doing some good work on the mic in his Daniel Bryan fued.

Plus these guys have a ton of heat with the hardcore workrate fans at ROH. I'm on board with Enzo cutting promos on a hostile crowd.

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just want to go on record that I absolutely love the Enzo and Cass signing.

Enzo is a larger than life personality that reminds me of the wrestlers of my youth in the late 80s that got me interested in this stuff in the first place. He was cutting some of the best promos in years at WWE when he was on his game.

Right before he got fired Cass was actually doing some good work on the mic in his Daniel Bryan fued.

Plus these guys have a ton of heat with the hardcore workrate fans at ROH. I'm on board with Enzo cutting promos on a hostile crowd.

Eh. That's a no from me dog. Cass is trash. nZo is a good talker, but that's not what ROH is about. Plus the signing has upset like 90% of the fan base. This has disaster written all over it.

futballiscool

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Eh. That's a no from me dog. Cass is trash. nZo is a good talker, but that's not what ROH is about. Plus the signing has upset like 90% of the fan base. This has disaster written all over it.

It's upset the fanbase, which can work in their favor if you're running an invasion angle. Hogan got pelted with garbage at Bash at the Beach.

It comes down to whether it makes their diehard fanbase turn off their product. If the diehards keep watching it's a good thing as they'll have top heels with nuclear heat and Enzo/Cass have the potential to bring in casuals.. I haven't followed ROH closely in a long time but this has me interested. If the diehards hate this to the extent that they quit watching its backfired.

UVA_Guy81

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,000.65
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Getting the head booker role too. That might actually get me to care about ROH again.

Regardless, this isn't a good look for AEW
Maybe he can help both companies build a relationship together. But I feel like he probably figured he’d get lost in the shuffle in AEW with there being a lot of people there already. With ROH, he can possibly get them back to where they were not all that long ago and still take NJPW and NWA dates during his spare time.

Duffman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,535.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe he can help both companies build a relationship together. But I feel like he probably figured he’d get lost in the shuffle in AEW with there being a lot of people there already. With ROH, he can possibly get them back to where they were not all that long ago and still take NJPW and NWA dates during his spare time.

Well ROH is doing stuff with the NWA so there’s some cross promotion there so you can probably forget about them doing anything with AEW.

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I don't think he felt he would get lost in the shuffle. If he went to AEW, he'd be one of the most popular guys in the company. AEW has an abundance of tag teams but really not many stand out singles stars. He'd be just behind Mox, Jericho, and Omega. They really need guys like him who are ready made singles stars ready to go. Guys like Guevara and Allin have bright futures, but they aren't quite ready yet.

What I think it was is AEW didn't actually have the cash to match the offer. They've missed out on a few free agents of late. So to me, its looking more and more like AEW made their initial investment in their roster and now they are gonna have to wait until they show more growth before they can bid for top free agent talent (or hope those guys take less, like supposedly Brian Cage is doing). Marty was in their group. They were tight. So you'd think if the money was reasonably close, he'd stick with the group. The fact that he didn't says a lot imo

UVA_Guy81

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,000.65
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think he felt he would get lost in the shuffle. If he went to AEW, he'd be one of the most popular guys in the company. AEW has an abundance of tag teams but really not many stand out singles stars. He'd be just behind Mox, Jericho, and Omega. They really need guys like him who are ready made singles stars ready to go. Guys like Guevara and Allin have bright futures, but they aren't quite ready yet.

What I think it was is AEW didn't actually have the cash to match the offer. They've missed out on a few free agents of late. So to me, its looking more and more like AEW made their initial investment in their roster and now they are gonna have to wait until they show more growth before they can bid for top free agent talent (or hope those guys take less, like supposedly Brian Cage is doing). Marty was in their group. They were tight. So you'd think if the money was reasonably close, he'd stick with the group. The fact that he didn't says a lot imo
I doubt it'd have anything to do with funds. I feel like ROH/Sinclair was making an enormous offer that TK just wasn't willing to match since he's probably more valuable to ROH than he would be to AEW. I still feel like Brodie Lee (Luke Harper) will probably join AEW whenever his 90 days are up and wouldn't shock me to see the Revival come in whenever their contracts expire as well so I don't believe it was about money.
With the three guys you mentioned, along with Cody even, I'd be shocked if Marty would've been in the title picture. He'd probably be stuck in feuds with the likes of Spears, Havoc or Kip Sabian for a while. In ROH, he'd be one of the prime candidates for their world title whenever they decide to take it off of PCO.

futballiscool

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
My guess

My guess is that if they're going to break the bank it has to be someone they're confident will move the needle in terms of ratings or attendence. At the end of the day it's the Khans call and if they feel the move will make them money Im sure they would spend it.

I know Scurll is very popular among diehards but I'm not sure hes a difference maker overall.

As far as his standing in AEW I think hed would have been booked on a similar level as Page or Pac. An upper midcarder always in a major story but not the focal point of the show like Jericho or Moxley.

UVA_Guy81

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,000.65
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Speaking of Marty Scurll, looks like both he and Dan Maff have both been removed from the ROH roster page.

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Damn. Jay Lethal resigned with ROH.

Was really hoping he'd finally leave. He'd be perfect for AEW. Could slide right into the top of the card. I could see him having a lot of success in WWE too with a lengthy title run in NXT, gets called up has some great IC/US title runs and maybe gets to the top of the card for a short run there too. He's too good to just be at ROH for most of his career but I guess he's content being the big fish in a small pond and getting a nice paycheck. Nothing wrong with that. I'm just a Lethal fan that's bummed he's not on a bigger stage

Judge Fudge

One Pretty Kinky Bastard
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,151.20
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

How Dare You GIF by Dualist

Just coming to post this