• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Ring of Honor Wrestling

iowajerms

Hoopla Cash
$ 29,091.39
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I figured out a few weeks ago that I am able to watch ROH on TV, so I have watched it the last three weeks. Obviously is not on the same planet as WWE, but I was surprised at how well some of the matches went.

Samoa Joe returned to ROH this past month and he took on Jay Briscoe, who holds the ROH Championship. I think that was better than most WWE PPV matches. I knew Samoa Joe from TNA but didn't know Jay Briscoe. He has been in ROH for a long time. He is good enough for a more prestigious promotion, I wonder why he hasn't been on one.

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I figured out a few weeks ago that I am able to watch ROH on TV, so I have watched it the last three weeks. Obviously is not on the same planet as WWE, but I was surprised at how well some of the matches went.

Samoa Joe returned to ROH this past month and he took on Jay Briscoe, who holds the ROH Championship. I think that was better than most WWE PPV matches. I knew Samoa Joe from TNA but didn't know Jay Briscoe. He has been in ROH for a long time. He is good enough for a more prestigious promotion, I wonder why he hasn't been on one.

I think I remember reading from dirt sheets that the main reason Briscoe hasn't been given a chance in a place like WWE is because he's controversial. He's made several racists and homophobic remarks on Twitter and such.

iowajerms

Hoopla Cash
$ 29,091.39
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am also a fan of Moose. I understand he is still a newbie so it might take a little bit. But he does have the size and athleticism that WWE likes, and his entrants is catchy. It gets stuck in my head a lot and I only seen him once.

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't watch it much and if I do, its usually just catching shows people post online but all I know is this guy is the best act in the business. Behold! The Party Peacock, Dalton Castle!

When he "lounges"...LMAO. :pound:

iowajerms

Hoopla Cash
$ 29,091.39
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't watch it much and if I do, its usually just catching shows people post online but all I know is this guy is the best act in the business. Behold! The Party Peacock, Dalton Castle!

That was not this past weekend but last weekend. I didn't catch his entrance before. That's funny.

Cheeseburger is another one that is up there. He makes Daniel Bryan look like Roman Reigns. He does a good job working the match though.

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Just saw on the dirt sheets that the Briscoes resigned with ROH and that WWE had offered them. Guess the rumors of them being a bit too controversial for them weren't true or at least WWE was willing to look past it

iowajerms

Hoopla Cash
$ 29,091.39
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just saw on the dirt sheets that the Briscoes resigned with ROH and that WWE had offered them. Guess the rumors of them being a bit too controversial for them weren't true or at least WWE was willing to look past it

I find that interesting, because last week he defended his title to Samoa Joe. Obviously they were not planning on cutting him yet.

And ROH is in an hour here on Fox.

iowajerms

Hoopla Cash
$ 29,091.39
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

He is a great performer. He did a German suplex in slow motion, to a guy bigger than him. That is impressive. Also did some 619 thing on the apron which went into another move.

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He is a great performer. He did a German suplex in slow motion, to a guy bigger than him. That is impressive. Also did some 619 thing on the apron which went into another move.

I might look it up later. I just think his gimmick is hilarious. I did see his match with Jay Lethal and he looked like he could go. If his in ring work is as solid as his gimmick is, that kid is gonna go far. WWE should steal him away asap.

iowajerms

Hoopla Cash
$ 29,091.39
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I still trying to what I think of Jay Lethal.

I keep thinking, "Booker T knockoff." But he doesn't act or wrestle like Booker T.

He is good a selling pain and usually finishes matches strong. But the first 2/3 of the match is just eh to me and I his promos are not that impressive.

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I still trying to what I think of Jay Lethal.

I keep thinking, "Booker T knockoff." But he doesn't act or wrestle like Booker T.

He is good a selling pain and usually finishes matches strong. But the first 2/3 of the match is just eh to me and I his promos are not that impressive.

I remember several years ago he wrestled as a Macho Man imitation, calling himself Black Machismo. It was a spot on imitation and like the only good thing TNA ever did

futballiscool

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
I remember several years ago he wrestled as a Macho Man imitation, calling himself Black Machismo. It was a spot on imitation and like the only good thing TNA ever did

His Ric Flair impression is the greatest thing ever. If I'm listening to the clip and not actually watching it I can't tell who's Flair and who's not...

Ewa PGH Fan

Glade City, PA
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
WOOOOOOOOOOoooooooooo!!!

iowajerms

Hoopla Cash
$ 29,091.39
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Alberto Del Rio is on ROH, billed as Alberto El Patrón

OregonDucks

Oregon Is Faster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
ROH might be the only thing that can compete with WWE in the next 7 years. If ROH plays their cards right, and slowly develops TV times it has the following to grow into something big. It will be a slow process and you don't want to rush anything like TNA did, but ROH really has great talent and if they do it right can at least be respsectable to WWE.

Obviously no other wrestling promotion will be as big as WWE, it would take decades considering you look at what WWE has right now. But at the very least, I think what we all can hope for, is a competitive product that at least takes WWE out of cruise control and actually make them put effort into their product.

iowajerms

Hoopla Cash
$ 29,091.39
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
ROH might be the only thing that can compete with WWE in the next 7 years. If ROH plays their cards right, and slowly develops TV times it has the following to grow into something big. It will be a slow process and you don't want to rush anything like TNA did, but ROH really has great talent and if they do it right can at least be respsectable to WWE.

Obviously no other wrestling promotion will be as big as WWE, it would take decades considering you look at what WWE has right now. But at the very least, I think what we all can hope for, is a competitive product that at least takes WWE out of cruise control and actually make them put effort into their product.

WCW took away top talent from WWE and other promotions.

Here's what I think a promotion needs to do to compete with WWE. (1) Get top talent, (2) Find a way to change the industry, (3) Get the audience.

ROH should be happy. They are the top developmental promotion in USA. I can see them changing the industry, any promotion can do that. They are doing a good job building audiences, but I don't see them ever stealing top talent.

OregonDucks

Oregon Is Faster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
WCW took away top talent from WWE and other promotions.

Here's what I think a promotion needs to do to compete with WWE. (1) Get top talent, (2) Find a way to change the industry, (3) Get the audience.

ROH should be happy. They are the top developmental promotion in USA. I can see them changing the industry, any promotion can do that. They are doing a good job building audiences, but I don't see them ever stealing top talent.
I agree with this...and NOTE TO PROMOTIONS STEALING TOP TALENT. TOP TALENT DOES NOT MEAN HULK HOGAN/KEVIN NASH/and other wrestlers approaching their 50s...

TNA had something a bit different going on, but just like WCW Hogan/Nash/Bischoff injected their poison and things went to hell.

ROH needs to re-sign CM Punk and take some top talent from TNA.

Hitman Hart

College Basketball's #1 Venue
Hoopla Cash
$ 301.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Probably the only good thing that happened post-2006. TNA 2004-2006 was great and I highly recommend it to any wrestling fan.