• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Ring of Honor Wrestling

UVA_Guy81

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,000.65
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I saw some people talk saying some of their shows in the past were doing like 800 to 1000 buys. So they did a big boost over that with little promotion.
The show was definitely a success, no question. I feel like even if the only match they promoted was the tag match, it would’ve drawn even more since people really wanted to see that. Also thought that Regal was supposed to do commentary for the Yuta-Woods match but it never happened. Wonder why he wasn’t there.
Do you know when the next show of there’s is or if they’ve even announced that yet because I don’t remember it if they did. Also, if they ever need to replace Ross, I think Ian would do a good job.

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The show was definitely a success, no question. I feel like even if the only match they promoted was the tag match, it would’ve drawn even more since people really wanted to see that. Also thought that Regal was supposed to do commentary for the Yuta-Woods match but it never happened. Wonder why he wasn’t there.
Do you know when the next show of there’s is or if they’ve even announced that yet because I don’t remember it if they did. Also, if they ever need to replace Ross, I think Ian would do a good job.

They haven't announced anymore shows as of yet. TK was vague in the post show media scrum but he's working to get some kind of TV deal for ROH. It sort of sounds like they might not do any shows until that happens but some ROH belts will be defended on AEW TV shows similar to how they did the NWA women's belt during the pandemic

UVA_Guy81

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,000.65
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They haven't announced anymore shows as of yet. TK was vague in the post show media scrum but he's working to get some kind of TV deal for ROH. It sort of sounds like they might not do any shows until that happens but some ROH belts will be defended on AEW TV shows similar to how they did the NWA women's belt during the pandemic
If they do get a slot or keep the syndicated ones they currently have, I hope he can bring in Gabe Sapolsky as a booker. I think booking for two promotions at the same time will not go well.

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tony Khan announced today in the Death Before Dishonor media call that The Briscoes have been signed to ROH long term. Mentioned others have signed as well but they are the most notable.

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Death Before Dishonor rocked. Claudio winning was great. FTR/Briscoes 2 was absolute fire. Somehow it passed all those lofty expectations. Go out of your way to see it

UVA_Guy81

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,000.65
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Solid show. The Pure title and tag title matches are well worth going out of your way to see.

fastforward

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,832.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Solid show. The Pure title and tag title matches are well worth going out of your way to see.
Well that answers the "Was the Death Before Dishonor PPV any good/worth watching?" question I was about to incorrectly post in the AEW thread. lol.

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Holy shit.

Briscoes vs FTR was brutal. What a hell of a match. This rivalry this year has been excellent

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tony Khan announced after Final Battle that the ROH weekly TV show will be on the HonorClub streaming service (9.99 a month). NJPW will be involved as well. More details about the official launch of the show will be coming in January. PPVs will still be with Warner Bros-Discovery/Bleacher Report.

So basically, they didn't get a TV deal. At least not yet. I guess if they do well enough with the streaming service, they'll might get one down the road. I have some serious doubts that this is gonna be viable.

Duffman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,535.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tony Khan announced after Final Battle that the ROH weekly TV show will be on the HonorClub streaming service (9.99 a month). NJPW will be involved as well. More details about the official launch of the show will be coming in January. PPVs will still be with Warner Bros-Discovery/Bleacher Report.

So basically, they didn't get a TV deal. At least not yet. I guess if they do well enough with the streaming service, they'll might get one down the road. I have some serious doubts that this is gonna be viable.
He teased something big in January and everyone I’ve seen said they expect the announcement of a tv deal but I bet it’s Forbidden Door 2

UVA_Guy81

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,000.65
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

My first guess is that it’ll be some type of merger with New Japan World. It’d be a good value and probably much better than the New Japan World service, which isn’t really that great at all in my opinion. I’m thinking maybe they see how this goes and if it is profitable and AEW gets renewed, maybe they can have their own wrestling section on HBO MAX like WWE does on Peacock?

Briscoe’s/FTR was a bloody spectacle and was a phenomenal match.

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My first guess is that it’ll be some type of merger with New Japan World. It’d be a good value and probably much better than the New Japan World service, which isn’t really that great at all in my opinion. I’m thinking maybe they see how this goes and if it is profitable and AEW gets renewed, maybe they can have their own wrestling section on HBO MAX like WWE does on Peacock?

Briscoe’s/FTR was a bloody spectacle and was a phenomenal match.

If its some kind of merger with World, then 10 bucks a month would be worth it. Getting weekly ROH TV show along with NJPW content would be good value. But if its just ROH, that's a tough sell. For the same price you can get Peacock and watch all the WWE content including the PPVs along with any other non-wrestling related stuff.

UVA_Guy81

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,000.65
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If its some kind of merger with World, then 10 bucks a month would be worth it. Getting weekly ROH TV show along with NJPW content would be good value. But if its just ROH, that's a tough sell. For the same price you can get Peacock and watch all the WWE content including the PPVs along with any other non-wrestling related stuff.
Agreed. I’m not sure there’s enough of an audience for just ROH stuff to make it profitable. But maybe combining it with New Japan content would make the price tag more reasonable and more of a draw for viewers.

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Just saw it. Meltzer said it was a car accident. Just so damn tragic and sad. The Briscoes were awesome. The last year, man, those matches with FTR are some of the best tag matches ever. An all time feud. I'm just floored by this.

Judge Fudge

One Pretty Kinky Bastard
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,151.20
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Just saw it. Meltzer said it was a car accident. Just so damn tragic and sad. The Briscoes were awesome. The last year, man, those matches with FTR are some of the best tag matches ever. An all time feud. I'm just floored by this.

I feel for Mark. To lose your brother and your best friend, and he has to be if you are going to be a successful tag team.

How do you move on?

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fuck, man. This is so sad. He was driving his daughter to cheer practice when they got hit head on. Both drivers killed instantly and his daughter and another girl (I think in the other car but it might be both of Jay's daughters) are in serious condition.

EDIT: Yeah, I think its both of Jay's daughters. There's posts going around that the local school district is closed tomorrow because of it. It's a small town.

Last edited:

The Q

Hoop’s Villain, Reality’s Hero
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Duffman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,535.51
Fav. Team #1