• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

rg3 completed only 12 passes to wr's for a paltry 92 yds.

Saturnmane

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Out of 24 pass completions and 207 yds threw the air only 12 of them was to his recievers for only 92 yards. That's only 7.6 yards per completion. For comparisons sake Cruz caught 6 passes for 80 yards. Redskins ran 14 more plays than the giants but only averaged 2.4 yards totaling 34 yards on those extra plays.

The defense played fairly well, only giving up 21 points and 286 yards yet their seems to be a consensus that it was not RG3's fault. I found myself sitting their watching him play and thought to myself ," any rb or wr in the league could do the same thing he is doing." Every pass was for a measly few yards. 6.5 yards per pass is absolutely pathetic. Its true that a few passes were dropped but I guarantee a whole bunch more were not even thrown that should've been.

skinz2winz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Out of 24 pass completions and 207 yds threw the air only 12 of them was to his recievers for only 92 yards. That's only 7.6 yards per completion. For comparisons sake Cruz caught 6 passes for 80 yards. Redskins ran 14 more plays than the giants but only averaged 2.4 yards totaling 34 yards on those extra plays.

The defense played fairly well, only giving up 21 points and 286 yards yet their seems to be a consensus that it was not RG3's fault. I found myself sitting their watching him play and thought to myself ," any rb or wr in the league could do the same thing he is doing." Every pass was for a measly few yards. 6.5 yards per pass is absolutely pathetic. Its true that a few passes were dropped but I guarantee a whole bunch more were not even thrown that should've been.

Wow, just wow.:L

SoCalWizFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
good analysis

Wrong. As always - stats do not tell the whole picture. Did the OP take into acct that pass rushers were in RG3's face all night? How about receivers not getting open? He also just glossed over the fact that his receivers made multiple drops during the game (& the fact that RG3 was basically their rushing game on that night).

Please don't stop with the analysis - make some conclusions. Is the implication that RG3 is not capable of being a traditional QB & that he can only operate with his legs? If so - I strongly disagree. He has all of the tools but obviously needs some work in certain areas. In at least one area - seeing the field - he appeared to make progress the other night as pointed out by Collinsworth. However - he still has a long ways to go, and I believe he will make significant progress this offseason.

Please elaborate & let us know your feelings & convince us that you are not simply trolls.

SoCalWizFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
BTW - the defense did not play all that well. They played well in spots but - as has been the case this season - disappeared at other times. Also - they were not exactly playing against a powerhouse offense. They certainly share the blame in this one & overall this season they are huge part of the problem.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

didnt watch the game did you ?

skinz2winz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Speaking of which, watching Wilson run the Seahawks offense tells me a lot. In that kind of offense, Griffin shines. I think he is being held back by our coaching staff imo.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Speaking of which, watching Wilson run the Seahawks offense tells me a lot. In that kind of offense, Griffin shines. I think he is being held back by our coaching staff imo.

look wilson had more pro style grooming in college . but i see your point

j_y19

ESPN Cast Off
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Let's be real. Wilson is ahead of RG3 right now. He has command of his offense, is confident, and is accurate. He also runs very smart. Ever notice how he bounces off of hits, no one really ever gets a clean shot on him. Everytime RG3 takes a hit, its elbows and asses flying everywhere. He is learning how to slide and avoid some hits, but he also needs to learn how to take a hit. He always seems to be standing straight up and does nothing to protect himself in terms of making his body small.

But, i believe that RG3 has a higher ceiling than Wilson. It's just going to take him time to get there.

SoCalWizFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Let's be real. Wilson is ahead of RG3 right now. He has command of his offense, is confident, and is accurate. He also runs very smart. Ever notice how he bounces off of hits, no one really ever gets a clean shot on him. Everytime RG3 takes a hit, its elbows and asses flying everywhere. He is learning how to slide and avoid some hits, but he also needs to learn how to take a hit. He always seems to be standing straight up and does nothing to protect himself in terms of making his body small.

But, i believe that RG3 has a higher ceiling than Wilson. It's just going to take him time to get there.

Completely agree. I seem to recall earlier in the season Seattle had O-line injuries & Wilson was getting beat up pretty bad & their offense suffered. Also - throw in the fact that Seattle's defense is light years ahead of the Redskins. As a result their offense does not have to near as much as the Redskins do to win any given game.

gkekoa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wilson is definitely ahead of RG3 right now but he's in a much better position. His OL is better which helps his running game...and his defense helps the offense by taking pressure off it.

If you are basing your observations off last night, just look at what RG3 did to Rex Ryan last season. RG3 is the reason he was fired.

j_y19

ESPN Cast Off
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ah, the good old day.......

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
a lot of last years playoff teams are in the same boat as us

the falcons , and texans fell hard too . what happened to them ?

i think we can have a pretty good team here in DC we just need to shore up some areas as far as more talent and better coaching