• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Revis gets his ring and then throws the Patriots under the bus

LambeauLegs

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,938.22
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Darrelle Revis, ex-Patriot, calls Patriots and Brady out on cheating history | Shutdown Corner - Yahoo Sports

Everyone has an opinion on deflate-gate, and most of it doesn't matter. But it's different with Darrelle Revis, because he was there.

Revis, who earned a Super Bowl ring with the New England Patriots last season, has moved on from that lone season in New England pretty quickly. When the current New York Jets cornerback was asked by the New York Daily News' Manish Mehta about deflate-gate and Tom Brady, he didn't sound like someone who just benefited from Brady's play in Super Bowl XLIX.

"(The Patriots) have a history of doing stuff," Revis said, according to Mehta. "You can't hide that … Tom was there when they did that stuff in the past.

"New England's been doing stuff in the past and getting in trouble," Revis continued to Mehta. "When stuff repeatedly happens, then that's it. I don't know what else to tell you. Stuff repeatedly happened through the years. You got SpyGate, you got this and that and everything else. Obviously in those situations in the past, they had the evidence. So they did what they needed to do."

Revis did not say if he would give his Super Bowl ring back because he feels bad about being with such a disreputable organization when he won it. If nothing else, the reunions of that championship team might be a bit awkward.

It seems a bit disingenuous for Revis to rip the organization that he was just with, at a price tag of $12 million for that one season. Maybe not disingenuous, but just cheap. it seems pretty quick to turn on a team and a teammate you just won a championship with. But, Revis is a Jet again. The rivalry is back on.

CreepCreep2014

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well Revis was here when "all this stuff went down" Welcome to the club Revi$. Your a cheater too....

NEhomer

Hoopla Cash
$ 944.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"New England's been doing stuff in the past and getting in trouble," Revis continued to Mehta. "When stuff repeatedly happens, then that's it. I don't know what else to tell you. Stuff repeatedly happened through the years. You got SpyGate, you got this and that and everything else. Obviously in those situations in the past, they had the evidence. So they did what they needed to do."

Spygate and this and everything else repeatedly through the years.

What everything else? Somehow twice turns repeat into repeatedly but nobody ever seems to extend this long history of cheating to the three or more mark.

Beaker

Dragon's Bane
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wow.

Don't get me wrong, I think the Pats did it, but that doesn't matter here.

You don't throw your boys under the bus. These guys got you a Super Bowl dude! Just don't say anything! Why the hell are you talking shit about the franchise that got you a ring?

I dunno man. I just don't think I would talk shit about the group that got me a ring.

Rock Strongo

My mind spits with an enormous kickback.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
he was here...hes part of this, right?

logic n stuff.

{+}Mother-Marge{+}

Hoopla Cash
$ 50.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
.....Umm,......I hope Revi$ doesn't lose that $70-million dollar ring.........*cough/cough*.

Beengay fudgepackers

Packin since 1919
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,300.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hypocrisy at its best, but he was only in New England for one year. He could've not re upped because he saw the different ways the team was being crooked.

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hypocrisy at its best, but he was only in New England for one year. He could've not re upped because he saw the different ways the team was being crooked.

inccorect. He only signed to get a ring. He got said ring and left... Period.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seems like a lot being made out of nothing in this article. Revis didn't say anything wrong or even controversial so Pats fans taking shots at him for this is just Pats fans being their typical selves. But, at the same time he didn't offer any evidence or anything at all other than his opinion. He is just saying EXACTLY what everyone else in the World is saying (other than NE and their fans). So this is in no way proof of anything and really just a meaningless quote IMO.

FantasyBelowZero

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think he made this statement just to show Jets fans that he is loyal to their organization now and that he doesn't have emotional ties to the Patriots anymore. Whether he truly believes it or not is another question, but of course you would defend your current employer by calling their rivals cheaters.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think he made this statement just to show Jets fans that he is loyal to their organization now and that he doesn't have emotional ties to the Patriots anymore. Whether he truly believes it or not is another question, but of course you would defend your current employer by calling their rivals cheaters.

One thing about Revis is that his loyalty is to Revis and the almighty dollar...no one else.

Money

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Spygate and this and everything else repeatedly through the years.

What everything else? Somehow twice turns repeat into repeatedly but nobody ever seems to extend this long history of cheating to the three or more mark.

Yes, because it's obvious that the two times they were caught were the only two times they've done something wrong. Just like drunk drivers have only driven drunk when they were pulled over.

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

and when he leaves the Jets he will bad mouth the hell out of them as well

sonnyblack65

Hoopla Cash
$ 40,000.79
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
One thing about Revis is that his loyalty is to Revis and the almighty dollar...no one else.

Perfect Jarntt, guy is a mercenary 4 teams already