• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Reported: Alex Smith Traded To Redskins

SpringStein

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My views exactly and Denver is a 1000 times more pressure demands vs Washington. Coaching staff is a HUGE question mark as well.

If we can add Cousins sign JT type TE, Draft an Edge RB ILB G Trade for T I'd feel better about it.
Question - if you think our coaching is so bad, what would you rather have:
A rookie to coach up from ground zero?
A three year NFL starter?

nflbronco

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Question - if you think our coaching is so bad, what would you rather have:
A rookie to coach up from ground zero?
A three year NFL starter?

If the John Elway that first took the job then sure Cousins . If the JE of last two seasons I'd go a rookie. I'd like to see what we do with Talib Sanders CJ DT first. We need to win draft and trades this year you can do it John.

fightinredantz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If we get Cousins I worry how much it costs us off the current team. If you have to give up Sanders, Talib, Stewart, and CJ have we gotten better? We would then need a WR to replace Sanders. We will see what happens. Rumors will really get started at the combine.

iknowftbll

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Paul Richardson would be a good option to replace Sanders. He’s tall and has good speed. Great deep threat.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Definitely lots of moving parts right now. Cousins wants to be a Bronco and the Broncos want him. That alone probably makes this happen one way or another. I've been hearing about the trade and what pieces all could be involved. If the Broncos get Cousins the big thing they want to do is then move back in the draft to get more pieces to work with that are cost controlled.

nflbronco

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Definitely lots of moving parts right now. Cousins wants to be a Bronco and the Broncos want him. That alone probably makes this happen one way or another. I've been hearing about the trade and what pieces all could be involved. If the Broncos get Cousins the big thing they want to do is then move back in the draft to get more pieces to work with that are cost controlled.

Not that my opinion means anything at Dove Valley but, I'd feel alot better about Cousins if they filled as many holes as possible this offseason and add 2019 asset or two. We are going to need to replace Talib Harris DT Sanders Wolfe by 2020 thats not too far away.

listopencil

I've Seen Better Days
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If we get Cousins I worry how much it costs us off the current team. If you have to give up Sanders, Talib, Stewart, and CJ have we gotten better? We would then need a WR to replace Sanders. We will see what happens. Rumors will really get started at the combine.

Well, the thing is, our last current team was 5 and 11. Pretty shitty. I get that we don't want to throw the baby out with the bathwater but something has to change. Sanders is worthless without a QB that can get the ball to him. Talib has been on a downhill slide - whether that's ability or attitude - and I don't mind seeing him go if the team has to do that. We'll see on Stewart and Anderson. I like CJ and I hope he stays a Bronco. I've seen some contract suggestions for Cousins that are a lot more do-able then you might think, playing with bonuses and guaranteed money. So, we'll see what happens.

Orange Crush77

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, the thing is, our last current team was 5 and 11. Pretty shitty. I get that we don't want to throw the baby out with the bathwater but something has to change. Sanders is worthless without a QB that can get the ball to him. Talib has been on a downhill slide - whether that's ability or attitude - and I don't mind seeing him go if the team has to do that. We'll see on Stewart and Anderson. I like CJ and I hope he stays a Bronco. I've seen some contract suggestions for Cousins that are a lot more do-able then you might think, playing with bonuses and guaranteed money. So, we'll see what happens.
I agree with mostly everything except Talib. He’s still playing at a high level. He’s a train wreck in the off-season, and you never know what he’s going to get into, but he still brings it on Sunday. Two years ago he was our defensive mvp imo

LGM

6 Time Poster of the Month
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I can see moving down if our guy isnt there at 5, but passing on a Barkley, Fitzpatrick or Nelson is foolishness. You always take your shot up there if youre a team that rarely visits the top 5.

fightinredantz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If the Cousins comes to Denver how would you guys feel about adding another TE? Cousins seems to like to throw to the TE, and we do not have an overabundance of them currently. I would love to see Dallas Goedert drafted to Denver. It would be a boom or bust type of pick and probably require our 2nd but if we trade back a few spots from 5 we might pick up an extra 2nd.

While this team in not void of talent it is not as deep as it was a couple years ago. We could improve our depth across the board.

Dr Cyanide 28

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm with you on not being completely sold. For me most of my thoughts on Cousins comes down to the contract we have to hand out to him. Anything below $25 million a year and I can get on board with signing him. Anything above that and I just see the Broncos being a mediocre team at best during his tenure with the Broncos.

The one big reason I can get behind the deal though is that our #5 pick becomes much more valuable. Teams will be trying to get ahead of the Jets for one of the top QB's meaning the Broncos could be looking at adding a 1st round pick next year type deal plus only move back say 5-6 spots. I'm one that doesn't see a lot of top heavy elite talent in this draft but think more the strength of this draft is the depth. So dropping back a few spots I still think the Broncos can get an almost equal level talented player plus have more draft ammo to work with. So they would be able to actually surround Cousins with talent.

To add to this.

The Broncos will be in a unique situation if they add Cousins w/ his contract along w/ Von Miller's large contract. Best way to keep the team viable w/ those big contracts??? Having a bunch of talented cost controlled players on their first contracts. In a deep draft class, if you can get say 6-7 top 100 picks, you have a chance to have like 4 starters from the draft year 1 and like 6 year two... all cost controlled and filled w/ upside. A smart move if you have a few top heavy contracts.

Dr Cyanide 28

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think one of the biggest short term advantages of bringing in Cousins is the ability to address the single biggest need the team has through FA but still have that premium draft pick. I like the way this sets up, despite having some reservations about Cousins.

having a top 5 defense, top 5 pick, and a top 10 qb is a nice spot to be tbh

SpringStein

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If the Cousins comes to Denver how would you guys feel about adding another TE? .

I’m for adding a quality TE. Regardless of who we do or don’t sign at QB. Been too long since we’ve had impact there.

MileHigh64

Broncos Fanatic
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,033.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
March 14th is setting up to be a very crazy day. Can't wait for the new league year to start. Day one of the Broncos rightful ascension back to the top levels of the NFL. Go Broncos!

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They could move in front of Jets, their division rival and get a QB. We could draft Will Hernandez at OG and James Washington at WR. And the have another pick in the 3rd this year or 2nd next year. I'd opt for next year's pick.

You know you just lit my eyes up like the 4th of July!

listopencil

I've Seen Better Days
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree with mostly everything except Talib. He’s still playing at a high level. He’s a train wreck in the off-season, and you never know what he’s going to get into, but he still brings it on Sunday. Two years ago he was our defensive mvp imo

I hsven't watched replay as much as I have in the past. Because it's downright painful to see them stumble around, for the most part. But I wasn't overly impressed with Talib. Not that he's bad, just that over the season he wasn't as impressive to me as he's been previously.

MrDoc420

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Even if we front load a deal to Cousins, I still don't know how we don't grab one of these young QB's coming out. If we do go Kirk, then we have to go McGlinchey or Brown in the draft in the first round unless somehow, someway Barkley falls to #5, or I guess we could move back. I personally am pretty high on guys like Mason Rudolph and even Lamar Jackson, if he falls into the 2nd round. We have to nab one of these dudes that has blown it up at their respective schools because alot of them are freak athletes with abilities that COULD translate well to the NFL with coaching and mentoring. Jackson was kinda of a turnover machine and his stock has fallen, but quite honestly he's the closest thing to Michael Vick we've seen in a decade and if he's there in the 2nd he'd be worth considering. I'm thinking more and more that Rudolph may get nabbed late in the 1st, early 2nd, but if he's somehow there at #40 or wherever we are, we gotta take a stab.

Seems more and more that the Cousins thing is going to happen, and while he's certainly an upgrade, I've seen enough of him in WSH to be weary and we have to have a young guy to throw in there if shit gets rocky. We all saw how the crap QB play tore this team apart from weeks 5-10 this past season, and the only thing stopping the fans from rioting if we fall off that cliff again is if we have a young gunner waiting in the wings to put out there. Some of these guys coming out are as polished a senior, spread offense-NFL ready a QB as you're gonna get in the next 5 years. We have to grab one of them.

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hsven't watched replay as much as I have in the past. Because it's downright painful to see them stumble around, for the most part. But I wasn't overly impressed with Talib. Not that he's bad, just that over the season he wasn't as impressive to me as he's been previously.

If you were to claim Talib bad (which you weren't) but you'd have to have your eyes checked. ;)

He still played at a Pro Bowl level this year. Our pass rush went down this year... Would have been even better with a better pass rush.

The only issue I had with Talib this year was he did have some mental lapses in coverage. Felt like those games we got blown out like the Eagles, Patriots etc were his worst games. Felt he had another great year, not as good as maybe two years ago but still very good. Cornerbacks like him don't fall off the apple tree, but there were times when our record lost his attention it appeared.

I think people will miss his physical nature at CB a lot more then they realize once he is gone... Guys like he TJ Ward and Ware really amped up our D and formed it into the Super Bowl team it was two years ago due to a physical, nasty style. Something we didn't have the first 3 years Peyton was here.