• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Report: Texas AD facing heat from Longhorns community.

Sgt Brutus

Goober
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.41
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Goldberg trying to cause rukkus

Goldbug

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Goldberg trying to cause rukkus

No. I'm not. I want to see a strong Texas in the Big XII getting frequently beaten by a resurgent Oklahoma. Believe it or not, I pull for the Horns until we play them. I would love to see OU and UT back on top together. The Big XII needs a strong Texas and strong teams to play against them.

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No. I'm not. I want to see a strong Texas in the Big XII getting frequently beaten by a resurgent Oklahoma. Believe it or not, I pull for the Horns until we play them. I would love to see OU and UT back on top together. The Big XII needs a strong Texas and strong teams to play against them.

You're gay for Texas.

fheg.

Texas Jefe

Come and take it
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,600.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No. I'm not. I want to see a strong en Texas in the Big XII getting frequently beaten by a resurgent Oklahoma. Believe it or not, I pull for the Horns until we play them. I would love to see OU and UT back on top together. The Big XII needs a strong Texas and strong teams to play against them.

Hiring Strong, and Smart, is not the problem.

Patterson, who was hired to shake-up the stagnant, bloated athletic department. Instead, he's doing that AND alienating the entire fanbase. Were changes needed? Absolutely. Does he need to piss off every fan? Absolutely not.

If anyone is really interested in the situation with him, just read the article Goldbug posted here. I think it does a pretty good job of explaining how everyone feels.

As for me, what bothers me is he's making things really hard for Strong, and soon, Smart.

Texas Jefe

Come and take it
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,600.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And, to finish my thoughts:

Texas and Strong are going to kick OU's butt, so there is that.

Sgt Brutus

Goober
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.41
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pipe dreams with Goldberg

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Winning fixes everything.

I always thought money was what Texas fans cared about the most to be honest. Always letting you know they are the richest football program, they can buy anything they want, and everything is ok so long as Texas is getting paid.

So I'm somewhat surprised they are upset.

Texas Jefe

Come and take it
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,600.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Winning fixes everything.

I always thought money was what Texas fans cared about the most to be honest. Always letting you know they are the richest football program, they can buy anything they want, and everything is ok so long as Texas is getting paid.

So I'm somewhat surprised they are upset.

Winning does fix almost everything, that's for sure.

He seems to be fixated on expenses, the $10,000 a year cost attendance to athletes, etc. But Texas, with the expenses, would still be above water- at least to me, he appears to be looking at it like a for-profit business. I'm probably wrong, but that's what I see.

Smart

Asshat
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As one of the few people who follows college tennis, I've heard grumblings from many people about his behavior with regards to the tennis facility. If the items in the article are true (and several sources I've seen say they are), it is a fireable offense. You can't repeatedly promise a new tennis facility, be granted money equivalent to that tennis facility, and then refuse to build the facility because the money has to go elsewhere.

There are two options there: (1.) Either he is a snake who threw one of the better tennis programs in America under the bus and misled his own President, or (2.) He is having problems raising money. Both of those are fireable offenses.

Sgt Brutus

Goober
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.41
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, he better not let that tennis program go to shit or we want him gone... said no Texas fan

Smart

Asshat
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, he better not let that tennis program go to shit or we want him gone... said no Texas fan

Pissing off several donors who had donated over a million dollars to the AD in the past and had committed to donate over a million dollars again is a big deal. So is pissing off the school president.

Wheat

High Plains Drifter...
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can't imagine Joe C ever doing some of the things Patterson is doing.

Good lord...

Lance Armstrong

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He'll be fired soon, 10,000 season ticket holders didn't renew. I'm torn on him, his money grabbing ways is bad, but he made 2 great hires (strong and smart) and now I can buy beer at the stadium, along with Torchy's tacos and Pluckers wings.

MAIZEandBLUE09

Well-Known, and Feared, Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Looks like it's getting interesting in Austin. Some of this has been mentioned in conversations I've had recently with Horns supporters I know.

Texas Longhorns Football, Basketball, and Recruiting Front Page

Yikes. Essentially:

• Wanted to charge a class reunion at UT $25 per person to walk on the football field
  • 10,000 football season tickets were not renewed for 2015
  • Football ticket prices were raised an avg of 21% while ticket holders were told it would be only 6%
  • No resale of tickets or you can lose them
  • Baseball team taking 7 hour bus rides to away games
  • Used golf recruiting funds to buy an ad congratulating alum Jordan Spieth for winning the Masters
  • QC football coaches are lowest paid in Big 12
  • Coaches have to pay out of pocket to visit athletes in athletic dining hall after so many free visits (wtf??)
  • Has basically told varsity tennis to go to hell
  • Band has to pay for own practice and travel gear
  • Band is going to fewer and fewer road events
  • Tens of thousands of $ spent to market the brand of Univ of Texas in Dubai
  • Is insisting a UT football game be played in Mexico
  • Basketball team playing in China and Bahamas around Thanksgiving a week apart, the China trip is a Pac 12 initiative to market their conference
  • Renewed a catering company contract after insisting the company fire all the employees because he thought they leaked info
  • Tried to circumvent UT President in splitting Longhorn Network $ with the university on an agreement btwn old AD and university
  • AD bloated with employees for fundraising purposes because he lacks the skills to raise funds himself
  • Asks coaches to go after donations and raise funds themselves if they want to succeed
  • Fired long time SID and replaced him with a guy from the NBA
Sounds a lot like what we dealt with in Dave Brandon.

Wild Turkey

Sarcasm: Just one of my many services.
Hoopla Cash
$ 14,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He'll be fired soon, 10,000 season ticket holders didn't renew. I'm torn on him, his money grabbing ways is bad, but he made 2 great hires (strong and smart) and now I can buy beer at the stadium, along with Torchy's tacos and Pluckers wings.
They didn't renew because you suck and and there is only about 2 games worth going to on your home schedule.