• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Report: Seahawks to sign WR Taylor Price

Doublejive

Hoopla Cash
$ 700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Report: Seahawks to sign WR Taylor Price

The Seattle Seahawks added wideout Taylor Price on the same day they lost leading receiver Golden Tate to the Detroit Lions. NFL Network’s Ian Rapoport was the first to report the news.

Price, 26, has 5 catches and 80 receiving yards in six games over parts of four NFL seasons with the New England Patriots and Jacksonville Jaguars. After a stellar college career — 149 receptions for 2,019 yards and 14 touchdowns at Ohio University — he was a third-round pick of the Patriots in 2010. The Jags claimed the 6-foot-1, 195 pound Price off waivers at the end of the 2011 season, but injuries wiped out his 2012 and 2013 campaigns.

Price’s signing adds another player to the mix at a perceived position of need for the Hawks, particularly with Tate’s departure. In February, Seattle acquired Canadian Football League standout Chris Matthews to compete for a roster spot, and many believe the Hawks will look to address the position further in May’s draft.

Report: Seahawks to sign WR Taylor Price - Seattle Seahawks & NFL News

Doublejive

Hoopla Cash
$ 700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seattle Seahawks reach deals with WR Taylor Price, DT Tony McDaniel

After two days of watching players leave, the Seattle Seahawks finally made an addition, agreeing with former Jacksonville wide receiver Taylor Price on a one-year deal.

Seattle also reportedly re-signed defensive tackle Tony McDaniel on Wednesday. NFL.com reported McDaniel agreeing to a two-year deal to return to Seattle. The team had not confirmed McDaniel's deal and messages for his representatives were not returned.

Price missed most of the past two seasons with foot injuries. Price's representatives confirmed the one-year, minimum salary contract.

The additions came after the Seahawks released defensive end Chris Clemons earlier on Wednesday and saw unrestricted free agents Golden Tate (Detroit), Clinton McDonald (Tampa Bay) and Chris Maragos (Philadelphia) leave for new destinations.

Seattle Seahawks reach deals with WR Taylor Price, DT Tony McDaniel | Fox News

dude82

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I read the other day that the Seahawks had Price rated right behind Tate on their board for wide receivers.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I read the other day that the Seahawks had Price rated right behind Tate on their board for wide receivers.

Didn't he miss most of the last two years with injuries? Kind of hard to believe he would be rated right behind Tate.

SeattleCoug

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Quote:
Originally Posted by dude82

Didn't he miss most of the last two years with injuries? Kind of hard to believe he would be rated right behind Tate.

Im guessing he meant in the 2010 draft, not this off season haha. I think I heard something similar as well.

Logicallylethal

Hoopla Cash
$ 933.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

boogiewithstu2007

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I guess were looking to possibly bring Rice back again…

seahawksfan234

Radical Moderate
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Price is likely just a depth move. With Tate's departure the Seahawks are likely looking to grab some guys to compete for playing time.

dude82

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Quote:
Originally Posted by dude82

Im guessing he meant in the 2010 draft, not this off season haha. I think I heard something similar as well.

Yep. Sorry. Should have been more specific. And yes, he has been injured for the last two years.