• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Report: NFL Approved Underinflated Balls from Patriots

tedman2012

Hoopla Cash
$ 981.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Personally, I think the Pats (Brady actually) gave the refs some under inflated balls to check, hoping it would pass muster, and they did, until at some point someone wanted them checked closer. Rogers already stated that he had over inflated balls given to the refs to check, hoping they would pass, I suspect other QBs do the same. We are talking about a very minor thing here IMO.

so in other words the pats sould've just been men and said we done it so what !!! the pats are always bending the rules and billy boy controls everything . just like buck showalter for the o's . it's like speeding you go down the road at 75 in a 55 and the cop goes the other way . next one stops you going 65 in a 55 so do you tell the judge it's ok since the first cop let you get by with it ?

it's like watergate to me ! the colts only had 1 offence lineman from the first game of the year . on their 4 th and 5 th back lost 2 linebackers before the game . reggie was hurt the last 4 or 5 games . pretty sure we was on the 3rd safety and mathis for the year . so why cheat ? luck has been dealt a horrible line . if small ball brady had what luck has he wouldn't be in the playoffs . i'm so happy we are rebuilding and play within the rules .

tedman2012

Hoopla Cash
$ 981.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I really hope the Patriots don't think this clears them in anyway.

it's like the yankees, red sox and orioles . yanks and red sox fans talk about how much better they was over the o's 150 plus while the o's payroll 60 to 70 mill . when your starting pitching makes more than the whole team what do you expect ? :pound:

Caliskinsfan

Burgundy & Gold Forevah
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,569.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This whole thing would likely be a small issue if it weren't for previous history of pushing the boundaries of sportsmanship and the fact that the Pats have been contenders for so long thus gendering lots of envy along the way.

Add in the mediots and the cult of non accountable leaks of info. Presto...a lot of shit to pontificate on and not enough attention on the upcoming game. Bottom line, Sucks for football fans everywhere.

RoboticDreams

JM8CH10
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's funny what some will allow their minds to accept as "cheating." Come on, guys, other than not (seemingly) following the rule, does anyone truly believe the Pats gained a competitive advantage? Or is it that fans of unsuccessful or not as successful teams are trying to rationalize something as being more than it actually is? To feel better when they lay down at night?

RoboticDreams

JM8CH10
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This whole thing would likely be a small issue if it weren't for previous history of pushing the boundaries of sportsmanship and the fact that the Pats have been contenders for so long thus gendering lots of envy along the way.

Add in the mediots and the cult of non accountable leaks of info. Presto...a lot of shit to pontificate on and not enough attention on the upcoming game. Bottom line, Sucks for football fans everywhere.

Nicely said, CaliGal.

cezero

Goldmember
Hoopla Cash
$ 835.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not sure I would trust the source in the opening post since it appears to be to a tabloid/gossip site with zero media credentials (Yardbarker and Larry Brown Sports?), but I'd never put it beyond the NFL to withhold information or even pump out misinformation to avoid implication in any wrongdoing.

We'll see if this gets reported on by actual news agencies with named sources and such.

Caliskinsfan

Burgundy & Gold Forevah
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,569.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's funny what some will allow their minds to accept as "cheating." Come on, guys, other than not (seemingly) following the rule, does anyone truly believe the Pats gained a competitive advantage? Or is it that fans of unsuccessful or not as successful teams are trying to rationalize something as being more than it actually is? To feel better when they lay down at night?

Lel, defending the flag or attacking another team to hell and back knows no boundaries or sanity at times :noidea: It is however, tres amusing :happy:

Lakers+USC=#1

Fuck CBS
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

When will you people realize, that no one gives a damn about the outcome of the game?

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 867.76
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
so in other words the pats sould've just been men and said we done it so what !!! the pats are always bending the rules and billy boy controls everything . just like buck showalter for the o's . it's like speeding you go down the road at 75 in a 55 and the cop goes the other way . next one stops you going 65 in a 55 so do you tell the judge it's ok since the first cop let you get by with it ?

it's like watergate to me ! the colts only had 1 offence lineman from the first game of the year . on their 4 th and 5 th back lost 2 linebackers before the game . reggie was hurt the last 4 or 5 games . pretty sure we was on the 3rd safety and mathis for the year . so why cheat ? luck has been dealt a horrible line . if small ball brady had what luck has he wouldn't be in the playoffs . i'm so happy we are rebuilding and play within the rules .

Classic example of a football fan upset that his team isn't up to snuff. Let me break down why this is much ado over nothing.

1) It's the refs job to see that the balls are properly inflated.

2) It's a BS rule so most refs don't take it seriously. The ball is a piece of equipment, just like jerseys are. To make a rule stating one size fit all, is stupid. Why make a rule saying a football has be x amount of PSI? When some like it less and some like it more ( Rogers) and for some it's just right? This is the NFL idea of making every things fair? Miss guided at best for the NFL. The ball should be treated as any other piece of equipment and every QB should be able to have fit his preference. Now that's fair and takes the refs out of the picture.

:lol: at all the piling on the Pats over a bullshit rule. Folks act like the whole sport of NFL football is in jeopardy over PSI of a frigging football. As far as I'm concerned, the Patroits can pump the football to what ever PSI they like ...the Seahawks will still kick their asses.

RoboticDreams

JM8CH10
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When will you people realize, that no one gives a damn about the outcome of the game?

Not true. Those who stand to gain millions of dollars care very much. And I'm not talking about advertisers. I'm talking about big money bettors.

Fencer

Not left-handed either
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is Toucher and Rich

Last edited by a moderator:

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This was one of the best Troll Topics in the history of SportsHoopla. (Seldom does the chance to fuck with so many, all comers, damn near e'ryone, arise.). Not threads, there were dozens of threads, Im tallinbough The Topic. The Idea. The Mind Fuck.

And a few of you fuckers wanted to dedicate yourselves to being wet blankets. I hope yer happy. We had a dozens muhfuckers on the ropes, on both sides. And you buttholes came in blowin' yer whistle. Carin' 'bout people carin'. (They didn't care, they were participatin' in the troll of the Millenium. MY Millenium!)

I hope yer happy.

(This may be a duplicate post. I don't care. My message is disappointment needs to be conveyed.)

PatsFan2003

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
so this proves that the ne pats knew the rules and broke them for every game . great job guys !!!!!

If the footballs were oked by the refs then its ok. The Pats are certainly in the Aaron Rodgers overinflating his footballs, others roughing them up. You know, infraction type offenses.

Not draft pick, suspension type offenses. Of there will still be the yahoos.

Anyone ever driven over 55 above the 55 MPH limit?

I'm still very skeptical of the story though.

TxHeat

Hard Member!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe that was a lie too.

At this point it's hard to believe anything the NFL has said.

Exactly. Going back to very early before last season they were not credible with info related to the Ray Rice situation, then AP. Why should anyone put stock into the shitpile the league is dishing out now? I'm waiting for the league to admit that refs never stick a guage in the balls before games.

Sgthall999

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And people thought this notion was crazy on The NFL is lying thread. Guess what? Refs are human too.

{+}Mother-Marge{+}

Hoopla Cash
$ 50.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
......starting to look like the official handling the "balls" was lax in weighing them.....and only felt them(?).,.....we'll soon see....!