• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Report: Joe Philbin wanted to dump Tannehill, draft Derek Carr in 2014

Paolo305613

Hoopla Cash
$ 130.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Interesting read. Would be interested to see what the Tannehill and Philbin doubters and haters have to say about this.

By the way, the power the Fins have given Gase remains me of the topic of Philbin and how much say he had on things with the Fins -- the words the organization uttered when making it known that Gase was getting the power he was getting - And that is how much power Philbin truly had in anything -- People often knocked on Philbin because they claimed he was unwilling to fire coaches who weren't getting the job done and this and that - and that being justification for Philbin to be fired

The Fins clearly made it known yesterday that they regret not letting their former HC(Philbin) have such power and responsibility , which may have created the disconnect between coaches and players some fans suggested and also tried to use as a reason why Philbin should've been fired. Which is why now Gase is being given such responsibility - as they said in the press conference, it is so the players know they are going to be held accountable by the coach and his staff.

Rash decisions by the front office with head coaches has contributed to some of the instability with HC which has obviously affected the play on the field - it looks as those the Dolphins FO has learned from that and is much more willing to let the process play itself out- we shall see

FlyerFinFan

Long Member ; )
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Getting rid of Tanny back in 2013 would have been the most retarded thing ever. Philbin is worse than I thought no wonder the kids growth has been stunted! The coaches are supposed to nurture these guys not backstab them. Imagine how bad the oline would be if they didn't take James and went QB? Wow...

Brees#1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, Carr is better than Tannehill.

Brees#1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Are you serious? Oakland would be a crap team without Carr. Even Murray did not look elite this year.

FlyerFinFan

Long Member ; )
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Are you serious? Oakland would be a crap team without Carr. Even Murray did not look elite this year.
You obviously don't understand how bad Miami's oline and play calling has been. Very few QB's would have looked good. Hopefully they can fix the problems and if they do I expect Tanny to improve.

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
FIFY. Carr would be having the same issues Tannehill is having with this offense. Carr is in a much better situation.

I have to respectfully disagree on this. Oakland is not that much better of a situation currently then Miami. However, they look to be going in the right direction and Miami is in limbo.

FlyerFinFan

Long Member ; )
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have to respectfully disagree on this. Oakland is not that much better of a situation currently then Miami. However, they look to be going in the right direction and Miami is in limbo.
But I don't think anyone has a worse oline than Miami especially when you factor in the depth. Tanny doesn't have all those sack records because he's a slow plodding QB he's just literally getting killed back there. Did you see brady against the broncos? Well that's Tanny every game against any team....

Fountain City Blues

Love Everybody
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Comparing Oakland's O-line to Miami's is like comparing a fortress to a pillow fort. I tend to agree that Carr would have a lot of the same problems, maybe even worse, than Tannehill is dealing with now. His quick release might help- but I kind of suspect he'd turn into a INT machine in Miami.