• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Report: Cousins likely to end up with Niners

Darrell Green Fan

The Voice of Reason
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This election year has turned some people against the media for good. I'll keep saying it, reporting on new info is their job. When they report things that people don't like to hear they dismiss the reports immediately, that's not very fair. Sure some reports turn out to be false but many play out as reported. We heard about Snyder in Denver a day before he hired Shanny. We heard rumors of Peyton Manning working out after his neck surgery and when his future was still very much in doubt, 6 months later he threw for 100,000 yards in Denver. Did you immediately dismiss those reports and call them fake news too? Oh yeah, the term had not been popularized by a certain segment of our nation yet.

They may want to take all these reports as a very real possibility instead of burying their head in the said at potentially very bad news. I am not claiming this is a done deal, just saying to totally dismiss these reports is just stupid.

Last edited:

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
all of these predictions are crap , slap the transition tag on him in 2018 for 28 mil and then you get and offer sheet

if he signs somewhere else you get a 3rd . which means we gained on the 4th we invested

in reality we will get a deal done before the 15th of july

Exactly,....the transition tag is precisely why S.F. will want to do the deal now. There is absolutely no guarantee that Kirk becomes "free" in 2018. Like you I still believe that they get a deal done sooner rather than later.

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The tag next year will be mid 30's next year I understand, and how insane is it to keep tagging him. Trade him for a 3rd? Wow, I feel better now... lol. I understand ,, who knows what will happen. It's just a complete mess we find ourselves in.

WOW, imagine how much better off we'd all feel had the team planned for unforeseen events? Even having a much better back-up than McCoy would put some minds at ease. Even if Kirk stays there's the risk of injury/illness.

Krusheasy

Still Not a Player
Hoopla Cash
$ 474.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not sure who any of these people are but I wanted to pass along. Does anyone know who these people are:

Chad Ryan‏Verified account @ChadwikoRCC 9m9 minutes ago
UPDATE: RCC told that Cousins to 49ers is all but done. Consider it 90% likely, minimum. No word on specifics, to be announced later.

i was wrong ...

i followed capital connection ... which this guy is a member of ...

they post some good content during the season.

But this guy, Chad Ryan, credibility is getting destroyed on twitter this morning.

Darrell Green Fan

The Voice of Reason
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Man I will gladly eat some crow is these reports are false and he somehow remains a Redskin. But I won't change my position that it's kind of crazy to instantly dismiss all of them.

j_y19

ESPN Cast Off
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cousins may very well end up a 49er, but it won't be this year. He will play for the Redskins this year and will most likely become a FA next year where SF signs him. Kyle and John Lynch are in no hurry. They both just signed 6 year deals. They can afford to wait one year and use those draft picks this year to prepare a team for the arrival of their QB next year.

skinz2winz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cousins may very well end up a 49er, but it won't be this year. He will play for the Redskins this year and will most likely become a FA next year where SF signs him. Kyle and John Lynch are in no hurry. They both just signed 6 year deals. They can afford to wait one year and use those draft picks this year to prepare a team for the arrival of their QB next year.
No way we go into this season with a lame duck QB. Not gonna happen...

Sportster 72

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i was wrong ...

i followed capital connection ... which this guy is a member of ...

they post some good content during the season.

But this guy, Chad Ryan, credibility is getting destroyed on twitter this morning.

Chad Ryan, the Dan Rather of football. :noidea:

DGF, I am telling you that you should be a news guy. You know what all of us are thinking as well as when some of us started question the accuracy of the news media. :D

Having said that Trump made the term "Fake News" an anthem but not one I use.

Darrell Green Fan

The Voice of Reason
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am so sick of people screaming "fake news" when they hear things they do not like. We all know where it came from, we all see which group continues to do it, and it's just beyond lame at this point. I'll leave it at that.

Sleepy T

....zzzz...
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.73
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am so sick of people screaming "fake news" when they hear things they do not like. We all know where it came from, we all see which group continues to do it, and it's just beyond lame at this point. I'll leave it at that.

I like the line "If they don't name their source, then it's bullshit/can't possibly be true".

Darrell Green Fan

The Voice of Reason
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like the line "If they don't name their source, then it's bullshit/can't possibly be true".

This has never been a valid argument, as I keep saying Deep Throat revealed Watergate and he was an unnamed source. The remain anonymous for a reason, they need to be protected.

But as we all know Dad is a stubborn one and will never change his opinion even when proven wrong.

Sleepy T

....zzzz...
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.73
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes. In his defense, half the time it isn't true. But some outlets won't touch the drama unless they hear it first from someone very close to the situation. Many outlets truly have no shame, they are just throwing up click bait true or not. They don't care who they piss off and often they have no reason to withhold information and are glad to do the "dirty work" and report the smut (ie: TMZ)

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Looks like the Niners are going to sign Hoyer to a two year deal. SO for the trade Cousins guys... dont cry. Maybe we can get the Jets to fork up the #6.

Sportster 72

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They can't possibly be going to sign Hoyer, that was never reported. Fake news!!!! Fake news!!! All the news said Cousins to San Fran with my ole buddy Navarro.

Maybe folks don't remember Kyle liked Rex.