• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Report: Cousins likely to end up with Niners

countryroads316

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
According to NFL Network's Mike Silver, it is "more likely than not" Redskins franchise player Kirk Cousins ends up as the 49ers' quarterback.

Silver did allow that this marriage might not happen until 2018, but stated he believes Cousins "wants to be in San Francisco," and the potential marriage "wants to happen on both ends." The 49ers' current supporting cast would be a significant obstacle for Cousins' outlook in the Bay Area, but he is coveted by new coach Kyle Shanahan, and the Niners are presently armed with ten draft picks, including No. 2 overall. The Redskins also look likely to lose DeSean Jackson and Pierre Garcon in free agency, essentially dismantling an offense that last year finished No. 3 in yards per game and No. 12 in points. They are also expected to part ways with talented GM Scot McCloughan.
Source: Marc Sessler on Twitter
Mar 7 - 1:56 PM

If true just need to go ahead and trade him now

SoCalWizFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

countryroads316

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mike Silver: "I would say it’s more likely than not that Kirk Cousins ends up being the 49ers quarterback."

Wow - good for you. I believe that this is about your 20th thread that you have started that is exactly like this one. Extra credit since this rumor has absolutely no basis and -- surprise -- it is being pushed hard by a media outlet for the SF 49ers. Good job.

sorry to say but this is more then media spewing stuff or just a little bit of smoke this has fire burning down the house truth to it

duke1861

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
sorry to say but this is more then media spewing stuff or just a little bit of smoke this has fire burning down the house truth to it

Mike Silver is an idiot so I stopped reading after I saw that moron's name attached to it.

Fake news folks, nothing to see here. Silver probably got the story from a 49ers fan blog. You got to hand it to these 49er fans. They might be the stupidest fans in the NFL and will do anything to land a good QB. What a dumpster fire with a garbage fan base. I actually feel for these guys.

SoCalWizFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Whoops - Florio forgot to say "Redskins" in his article. Honestly - do you actually put any stock into anything that that dickhead has to say about the REDSKINS? If the 49ers sign him he will state that this is one of the best moves ever. However - if the Redskins extend him he will maintain that it is the biggest mistake in the history of the NFL. His hate for the Redskins has no boundaries.

duke1861

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not sure who any of these people are but I wanted to pass along. Does anyone know who these people are:

Chad Ryan‏Verified account @ChadwikoRCC 9m9 minutes ago
UPDATE: RCC told that Cousins to 49ers is all but done. Consider it 90% likely, minimum. No word on specifics, to be announced later.

Krusheasy

Still Not a Player
Hoopla Cash
$ 474.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You know, Im thinking they need to go ahead and do this already. The team and a portion of the fan base are too stupid to be logical. Deal Kirk, let Jackson and Garcon walk. Start Colt McCoy and finish just good enough so that the only way we are in position to draft a QB next year is to do another massively boneheaded trade up for a QB that the owner and fan base will instantly declare is elite. Colt McCoy is Rex Grossman all over again. This team doesnt learn from its mistakes, we double down on them. And too large a portion of the fan base feeds into the owners obsession with the hot flashy pick then wonders why we are in a constant rebuild. So if i believed in god, at the moment i would be praying he does make Dan Snyder deal Cousins. Because lord knows what we need is another off-season Lombardi in DC to make the vocal portion of the fan base happy again.

reptec101

warPAINt nation
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The more I think about this the more I'm convinced KC will not be here in 2018. Why would he want too? At some point a person does want to feel wanted, and appreciated. We're all human. When have the skins ever given him the just he's due. Drafting him after you just pick a QB at the 2 spot you traded away the farm for told Kirk that you ain't the man we want. Keeping RG3 around after his last concussion told Kirk we still don't think you're the man. Not offering him more than Osweiler after the year he had told Kirk we still just don't think you are our guy. Getting to the point we are now tells Kirk we just dont believe in ya buddy. Are you kidding me. What does he have to do? He has been a starter for two years and has broken multiple Redskins records.. given us a back to back winning seasons since when... The 80's. Its incredible to me the mindset of our front office not to recognize the potential of possibilities they have here with Kirk. They haven't had a stable QB here since Thiesman and our princess is dressed up and standing right in front of them and still no love they're giving him. He may not be the QB that can lead us but all indications suggest he can be.

So why sign any contract they offer him. I believe he won't. Why force a trade with SF who can load up with the 10 picks they have not to mention the 2nd overall. Not to mention another high pick next year. Why force a trade? Play under the tag, since you have too and then bolt at the end of next year to SF... a team and ownership that wants you... again... that wants you. Leaving the team who doesn't "know yet" ... nothing but a dirty jockstrap.

I hope everyone enjoyed the sniff of what may have been with a real QB for a change these last two years because starting in 2018 we will start yet again to long for that whiff of what may have been for another many of years.

Plus the strong Rumor of losing your top two receivers and being left with a question mark in Doctson... a concussion waiting to happen in Reed. He has nothing here to interest him in staying. The future is bleak around here. Even our GM is a drunken no show these days. Do we still not know where he is... the real story?

What a fucking mess this team is... and we were so close to being relevant again. So close.

Last edited:

Krusheasy

Still Not a Player
Hoopla Cash
$ 474.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Leaving the team who doesn't "know yet" ... nothing but a dirty jockstrap.

It seems reasonable that if they can not get Cousins to commit to a long term deal within the next 2 days it might be in the best interest of the organization to make the trade.

If they wait beyond Thursday then interested teams like the 9ers will possibly make other plans ...

and if they wait until this time next year Cousins can walk away and the organization will have nothing to show for it.

Bruce has until Thursday to decide ... is 130m for 5 years and 80m guaranteed too steep a price to pay for Cousins services ?

reptec101

warPAINt nation
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It seems reasonable that if they can not get Cousins to commit to a long term deal within the next 2 days it might be in the best interest of the organization to make the trade.

If they wait beyond Thursday then interested teams like the 9ers will possibly make other plans ...

and if they wait until this time next year Cousins can walk away and the organization will have nothing to show for it.

Bruce has until Thursday to decide ... is 130m for 5 years and 80m guaranteed too steep a price to pay for Cousins services ?
Trade him to whom... and for what? A fourth rounder. SF im betting is in no way making other plans. Why do they need too? What a great situation for both parties involved,, Kirk and Kyle... to simply play under the tag. Kyle can build his team through the draft this year and next and then in walks KC... a seasoned veteran. Kirk has the leverage.. not the Skins. For all we kno KC and his agent already kno he aint signing a contract unless its the highest in the league.. which it wont be. All the skins had to do was give him a fair goin rate deal last year and now it would seem like a bargain. If I was Kirk I wouldnt want to be here either. Everything is suggesting had Kirk wanted to be here a contract would have been worked out. I dont believe anything I hear about numbers that have been offered. I just believe Kirk wants the ef out and wont be signing anything. Played under the tag ladt year.. why not again.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
all of these predictions are crap , slap the transition tag on him in 2018 for 28 mil and then you get and offer sheet

if he signs somewhere else you get a 3rd . which means we gained on the 4th we invested

in reality we will get a deal done before the 15th of july

reptec101

warPAINt nation
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The tag next year will be mid 30's next year I understand, and how insane is it to keep tagging him. Trade him for a 3rd? Wow, I feel better now... lol. I understand ,, who knows what will happen. It's just a complete mess we find ourselves in.

Ojb81

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
yeah ... he is a good source of information.

Not sure about story ... time will tell.

My feelings tho

lmao what the fuck is that clip from?? ?

Breed

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i'm reading this thread with my jaw agape. what the hell is going on??

Its the Redskins baby. Shock and awe in a real dysfunctional way is how we roll.