• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Renewed and Canceled TV Shows

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Anyway, I don’t like the casting, you are OK with it. That’s fine. I remember everyone being up in arms about Michael Keaton doing Batman, and he completely reimagined the character. So I will reserve judgement until it is seen. I just have a prejudice going in.

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Anyway, I don’t like the casting, you are OK with it. That’s fine. I remember everyone being up in arms about Michael Keaton doing Batman, and he completely reimagined the character. So I will reserve judgement until it is seen. I just have a prejudice going in.

not saying I like the casting. It’s not like I will go out of my way to watch it because she is in it. But I am not Not gonna watch it either because of her.

Taddy Mason

Hoopla Cash
$ 24,579.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
curious. i'm only reading the headline linked. enjoyed leverage. am familiar with noah wyle tied to everything tnt does. falling skies was a decent cable syfy show. those made for tv librarian movies were fun. i enjoyed the tv series the librarian (outside of his fucking cartoonish antics shit). so i guess i'll be a maybe here. that said, even with hutton lost, they had a pretty good cast on leverage, i should probably have clicked on the link, but fingers crossed.

Taddy Mason

Hoopla Cash
$ 24,579.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Peacock sounds like it's in the same boat as Apple and to some extent, Disney+. Not enough content.

Do you have a smartTV or Blu-ray player? The Hulu app is on most Blu-ray players. You can install the app on your TV. Bypass shitty Xfinity. No?

I ditch all of that shit. Xfiniity is ridiculously expensive. All I have now is Prime and Hulu. Hulu for $1.99 for 12 months. Then it goes to $5.99 per month. I have an indoor antenna. I watched as much NFL football last season as I did when I had shitty DirecTV. Fuck being screwed over by those providers.

The NFL needs to wake the fuck up and offer the NFL package to everyone. They will make more money. Including cord-cutters.
i have prime, hulu (free with sprint), and netflix. was looking into cancelling xfinity. well, i need them for internet (only game in town) couldn't figure out what the price would be for just straight internet. the whole process exhausted me. they did there watchathon this past week that included the showtimes/cinemax/etc, so i did end up watching a lot of shitty movies. but i was never sure how to go into bargaining from a double play package into i only want internet when i did come upon an actual person. i'm open to suggestions (and don't mind having the dvr/ondemand capabilities).

Taddy Mason

Hoopla Cash
$ 24,579.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
5/18: Breeders (FX) renewed for a 2nd season.
is this good? i have the season in my queue, but watched the first five minutes a while back and never felt like trying it out again.

Taddy Mason

Hoopla Cash
$ 24,579.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
so, is the equalizer a movie should have watched? so much discussion about what i believe is a television version of a movie, no?

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
so, is the equalizer a movie should have watched? so much discussion about what i believe is a television version of a movie, no?

It was a decent movie, with a less decent but still watchable sequel. And they are turning it into a tv show.

but most of the debate is due to covid19 boredom.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It was actually a tv show first. A decent CBS show from the 80s. Kinda a one-man A-Team kinda thing.

BamaDude

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Glad to know the Last Man will still be Standing! It's pretty much the only scripted tv show I watch on Fox.

I hate that God Friended Me was cancelled. At least they gave them a chance to craft a somewhat decent ending.

Man With a Plan was allegedly cancelled due to the cost of filming the series. They could have solved part of that by getting rid of the grandparents. They took away from the show, anyway.

Glad to see Tommy & Broke get the ax. Maybe they can find something better for those time slots.

I think it is too early for another FBI spin-off.

UVA_Guy81

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,000.65
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Glad to know the Last Man will still be Standing! It's pretty much the only scripted tv show I watch on Fox.

I hate that God Friended Me was cancelled. At least they gave them a chance to craft a somewhat decent ending.

Man With a Plan was allegedly cancelled due to the cost of filming the series. They could have solved part of that by getting rid of the grandparents. They took away from the show, anyway.

Glad to see Tommy & Broke get the ax. Maybe they can find something better for those time slots.

I think it is too early for another FBI spin-off.
It was one of two that I watch in Fox. The other show still hasn’t received its fate yet (Prodigal Son) but I’ve heard that they’re trying to work things out to get a second season of it. I was somewhat surprised by Man With A Plan getting the axe as I thought that’d be like the new Mike & Molly, where you could always plug it in if something bombed or just as a midseason show.

SDGuy73

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,159.39
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
5/20: Three Busy Debras (Adult Swim) renewed for a 2nd season.

5/19: Outmatched (Fox) canceled after 1 season.

5/19: Freeform has renewed first-year shows Everything's Gonna Be Okay and Motherland: Fort Salem. But the network revealed that previously renewed titles Good Trouble and grown-ish will not return this summer, and instead will debut their next seasons sometime in 2021.

5/19: Fox has renewed sitcom Last Man Standing for a 9th season and drama The Resident for a 4th season. A decision on remaining bubble shows Outmatched and Prodigal Son will come at a later date, with the latter having a much better chance at renewal than the former.

SDGuy73

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,159.39
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
5/20: Kerbal Space Program 2 is the latest videogame to experience a delay. It'll now come in the fall of 2021 instead of early next year.

5/19: Variety reports that the Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences is considering a postponement for the 2021 Oscars, currently scheduled for February 28.

5/19: The previously delayed WWII epic Greyhound, starring Tom Hanks, is the latest high-profile film to announce that it will be skipping a theatrical release in lieu of streaming (in this case, on Apple TV+, possibly as soon as next month).

5/19: Freeform has delayed the returns of Good Trouble and grown-ish (plus the start of new series Cruel Summer) until 2021.

SDGuy73

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,159.39
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
is this good? i have the season in my queue, but watched the first five minutes a while back and never felt like trying it out again.

Never seen.

Taddy Mason

Hoopla Cash
$ 24,579.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Never seen.
i'll probably give it a chance eventually. i have only so much space for trying to see a new product these days. since community dropped on netflix, i've just had that on in the background most days.

SDGuy73

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,159.39
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i have prime, hulu (free with sprint), and netflix. was looking into cancelling xfinity. well, i need them for internet (only game in town) couldn't figure out what the price would be for just straight internet. the whole process exhausted me. they did there watchathon this past week that included the showtimes/cinemax/etc, so i did end up watching a lot of shitty movies. but i was never sure how to go into bargaining from a double play package into i only want internet when i did come upon an actual person. i'm open to suggestions (and don't mind having the dvr/ondemand capabilities).

We moved last September. My internet speed was 1.5mbps. I couldn't do much. Forget streaming. We have Xfinity for the internet now. I'm paying $60 for it. Which is almost what I was paying for my old ISP.

DragonfromTO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I tried it, it's not badly done but I couldn't get into it. Maybe it's because I don't have kids. It seems to maybe be going after the same audience that "Married" was going for.

DragonfromTO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i think you overestimate how much physicality is needed for this role. It’s a cerebral fight more than a physical one. Speed and fighting skills are not needed as much in a cerebral fight. Also, the fact that she is a bigger woman also allows us to believe that maybe her punches have some weight in them too. And she has punched people before in her acting. Not saying punching is fighting.

can you really have a hard time picturing her winning fights because of using the weapons around her, and using pressure points well??

and you bring up Chris Farley. But the difference in acting is that I don’t think Farley could have gone away from comedy.

Andy richter has played bad guys before.

SDGuy73

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,159.39
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
5/29: Diary of a Future President (Disney+) renewed for a 10-episode 2nd season.

5/28: Starz will revive the canceled YouTube original Step Up: High Water for a 3rd season.

5/26: Better Things (FX) renewed for a 5th season. The network has also renewed newsmagazine The Weekly for a 2nd season, animated anthology Cake for a 3rd season, and comedy Mr. Inbetween for a 3rd season.

5/26: It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia (FXX) renewed for a 15th season, making it the longest-running live-action comedy series in history (by number of seasons).

5/22: What We Do in the Shadows (FX) renewed for a 3rd season.

5/22: Acclaimed but canceled animated Netflix series Tuca & Bertie has been revived by Adult Swim, which will air a new 10-episode 2nd season in 2021.

5/21: Prodigal Son (Fox) renewed for a 2nd season. @UVA_Guy81

5/21: ABC has finally announced renew/cancel decisions on its remaining bubble shows. Newly canceled shows include Bless This Mess, Emergence, Schooled, and Single Parents. But 13 other shows were renewed (find them in the ABC section below). A final decision on Baker and the Beauty and For Life will come at a later date. The network also announced just one new series pickup for 2021-22: the Kyra Sedgwick sitcom Call Your Mother.