• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Rember how everyone praised Baalke 2011 draft?

Pattersonca65

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They also drafted Tim Rattay, though admittedly after Brady was taken. Ugh.

Yea, I was watching an episode of the show on the NFL Network called the Top Ten where they listed the ten quarterbacks that were drafted before Tom Brady. Carmazzi was one of them. The show pulled up interviews from Bill Walsh right after Carmazzi was drafted and then from Steve Mariucci explaining why Carmazzi turned out to be bust.

Jikkle

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
"The look at how many QBs were taken before Brady" storyline has been played to death.

There was a reason why he was drafted in the 6th round and that's because he wasn't anything special coming out of college.

Brady fell into the right team in a great situation and more importantly credit goes to Brady for working and improving at his craft.

Some QBs are a bit of a late bloomers and Brady was just one of those guys and Brady is more of an example of the NFL team needing a true developmental league than anything else.

Pattersonca65

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"The look at how many QBs were taken before Brady" storyline has been played to death.

There was a reason why he was drafted in the 6th round and that's because he wasn't anything special coming out of college.

Brady fell into the right team in a great situation and more importantly credit goes to Brady for working and improving at his craft.

Some QBs are a bit of a late bloomers and Brady was just one of those guys and Brady is more of an example of the NFL team needing a true developmental league than anything else.

I had read that he didnt wow anybody at the combine. Not gifted atheltically, slow, and questional arm strength.

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yea, I was watching an episode of the show on the NFL Network called the Top Ten where they listed the ten quarterbacks that were drafted before Tom Brady. Carmazzi was one of them. The show pulled up interviews from Bill Walsh right after Carmazzi was drafted and then from Steve Mariucci explaining why Carmazzi turned out to be bust.

The Brady 6: The Six Quarterbacks Taken Before Brady

Last edited by a moderator:

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Six? I got that wrong, lol

Someone probably told you it was ten to make it seem like it was a bigger deal. Just like they try to exaggerate how bad he was scouted as. He did have a pretty bad picture of what shape he was and he couldn't run fast.

Pattersonca65

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Someone probably told you it was ten to make it seem like it was a bigger deal. Just like they try to exaggerate how bad he was scouted as. He did have a pretty bad picture of what shape he was and he couldn't run fast.

I got the shows confused, lol. I like watching the documentaries on NFL channel, A Football Life, Top Ten, Biggest Draft Busts, etc. I got the shows mixed up. I did watch the Brady 6 show. I had forgotten most of those QBs as they were so bad.

Crimsoncrew

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00

AngryNiner

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would rather have Kaepernick, too, but these QBs that you mentioned would've been better than they are if they were on our team.
Yes, Dalton is asked to do a lot with the Bengals. I think the Niners would have handled him differently. Like they handled Alex in 2011. If thats the case, Dalton and Alex would have been pretty comparable as far as weather or not to keep Alex or to trade him to the Chiefs. Although Alex is further along, he was paid more, so I think the trade would still be likely to happen.

I remember just shaking my head at where those QBs were being taken. I thought all of them were second round talents coming out. Only Kaep and Dalton were taken were they should have been.
Its amazing how desperate these GMs are and the teams reflect their poor decision making. There are plenty of examples of why you dont force a pick like that. Everybody seems to think they got the next big time QB just because they selected them in the first round. It doesnt work that way. A 2nd round talent is still a 2nd round talent. At least when it isnt the 49ers making these Bone-headed decisions it makes for an entertaining draft day.

darken65

Warped Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 12,199.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I recall Harbaugh having a huge crush on Kaep coming out. I remember reports of them throwing the ball around and even had a throwing competition between the two. Baalke might have even been in the mix there.
The reports were that they really hit it off. I doubt Dalton was ever considered before Kaep. Now if Kaep had been taken before dalton, say the Bengals take him like the owner recently said he would have preferred with the pick just before us, then i think we definitely would have taken Dalton.
Now that you mentioned it ,I do remember about Kap and Harbs having a catch session . Not saying that Dalton would be better...just who I had in my draft pick for the 9ers and based on my limited knowledge about prospects other than scouting reports and opinions. I really don't watch much college football.

AngryNiner

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Now that you mentioned it ,I do remember about Kap and Harbs having a catch session . Not saying that Dalton would be better...just who I had in my draft pick for the 9ers and based on my limited knowledge about prospects other than scouting reports and opinions. I really don't watch much college football.
I had Dalton higher then kaep coming out as well. I remember really hoping the 49ers would move up to, I believe it was the Raiders spot, to pick him up once the 1st round had past and Dalton was still on the board.
I dont watch much College Football either. I go solely off the pre-draft shows and analysis.