• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Rember how everyone praised Baalke 2011 draft?

whysies

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No Sherman is way better I was stating I would still pick those guys. Now if the whole draft was re done then yes some picks would be different.

Oh, so your conception of the English language is just different than everyone else's?

Redo doesn't mean redo unless its a "total redo." Got it.

AU_Fever

The secret of getting ahead is getting started.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If the Niners were to redo the draft, Watts would be a better alternative than Smith. I don't know why they passed on Sherman and drafted Culliver. Again, one could ask the same question as why they drafted Jenkins in the first round.

supreme_clientele81

Supreme Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If the Niners were to redo the draft, Watts would be a better alternative than Smith. I don't know why they passed on Sherman and drafted Culliver. Again, one could ask the same question as why they drafted Jenkins in the first round.

It has been documented that allegedly Harbaugh didn't think to highly of Sherman and may have gave him a poor review to other teams.

maniax

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
It has been documented that allegedly Harbaugh didn't think to highly of Sherman and may have gave him a poor review to other teams.

Yeah Harbaugh didn't give Sherman a gold star... LOL.

In hindsight all that talk about Gold Stars was a bunch of BS. I was actually believing it at the time.

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm sure it's been done with two guys holding hands before. I think this would be more apt for the Cincinnati Bengals.

darken65

Warped Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 12,199.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wasn't on this board for this draft (2011) but my picks were : Watts ,Dalton and Torrey Smith. Watts got picked after (head scratcher moment for me ) and the other two were picked before the 9ers' pick. I guess the 9ers saw something in Aldon that I didn't see over Watts. I'm not sure about the Kap pick...maybe he was just the next BPA over Andy. I know I will be scratching my head once more about the picks that are made for this draft.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh, so your conception of the English language is just different than everyone else's?

Redo doesn't mean redo unless its a "total redo." Got it.

I mean our Redo of the draft not every team. I would keep our core of drafted players. Aldon is the best pass rusher in the NFL, Kap is a beast and Cully before getting hurt was on his way of being a good CB. Im ok with that.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I mean sherman would be a top 5 pick so we still wouldn't land him if the draft was redone.

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I mean sherman would be a top 5 pick so we still wouldn't land him if the draft was redone.

:agree: If the 2012 draft were redone, I'd have picked Andrew Luck. ;) (Yep, redos have to take into account where we draft.)

AngryNiner

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wasn't on this board for this draft (2011) but my picks were : Watts ,Dalton and Torrey Smith. Watts got picked after (head scratcher moment for me ) and the other two were picked before the 9ers' pick. I guess the 9ers saw something in Aldon that I didn't see over Watts. I'm not sure about the Kap pick...maybe he was just the next BPA over Andy. I know I will be scratching my head once more about the picks that are made for this draft.
I recall Harbaugh having a huge crush on Kaep coming out. I remember reports of them throwing the ball around and even had a throwing competition between the two. Baalke might have even been in the mix there.
The reports were that they really hit it off. I doubt Dalton was ever considered before Kaep. Now if Kaep had been taken before dalton, say the Bengals take him like the owner recently said he would have preferred with the pick just before us, then i think we definitely would have taken Dalton.

Kinzu

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I recall Harbaugh having a huge crush on Kaep coming out. I remember reports of them throwing the ball around and even had a throwing competition between the two. Baalke might have even been in the mix there.
The reports were that they really hit it off. I doubt Dalton was ever considered before Kaep. Now if Kaep had been taken before dalton, say the Bengals take him like the owner recently said he would have preferred with the pick just before us, then i think we definitely would have taken Dalton.

And I think Alex Smith would definitely still be our starting QB in that scenario.

JDM

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
from a football perspective, that was a GREAT draft. but now you're letting off the field issues justify them as bad players?

how players pan out off the field, is similar to predicting how they do on.......it is an inexact science. for the 'extreme' cases, yeah they show their hand early, but the far majority aren't extreme.

if we avoid players with the potential for future 'issues', we might as well fold up. cause just about ALL players have the potential for something?

It's a balance. You don't want to just disqualify every little red flag but the red flags need to weigh into your valuation of a player. If that much of a draft has concerns in one offseason, at the least you should reevaluate how you count that risk and see if it was just bad luck or some sort of flaw in your decision process.

AngryNiner

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And I think Alex Smith would definitely still be our starting QB in that scenario.
I agree, thats a strong possibility but Dalton did play very well as a Rookie. So maybe when Smith goes down in 2012, Dalton comes in and impresses and the team decides to go with the younger cheaper option in Dalton. The Same scenario that played out between Smith and Kaep could very well have played out between Smith and Dalton.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kap is better then Dalton. Im not a big fan of Dalton. He is a good avg QB but nothing great yet. I rather take Kap.

In that draft Kap is better then Dalton, Locker(who went 8th lol), Gabbett(who went 10th LOL and is now on our team), and Ponder(12th). Talk about GMs doing a bad job.

Only QB in that draft that I would put even with Is Cam and he has his own on the field issues.

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kap is better then Dalton. Im not a big fan of Dalton. He is a good avg QB but nothing great yet. I rather take Kap.

In that draft Kap is better then Dalton, Locker(who went 8th lol), Gabbett(who went 10th LOL and is now on our team), and Ponder(12th). Talk about GMs doing a bad job.

Only QB in that draft that I would put even with Is Cam and he has his own on the field issues.

I would rather have Kaepernick, too, but these QBs that you mentioned would've been better than they are if they were on our team.

Pattersonca65

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Drafting QB's is often times a crap shoot if that QB is not a Manning or Luck. Ten QB's got drafted before Tom Brady. The 49ers that year drafted Carmazzi. And both Bill Walsh and Steve Mariucci were involved in that pick. No one would consider them bad evaluators of talent.

Crimsoncrew

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Drafting QB's is often times a crap shoot if that QB is not a Manning or Luck. Ten QB's got drafted before Tom Brady. The 49ers that year drafted Carmazzi. And both Bill Walsh and Steve Mariucci were involved in that pick. No one would consider them bad evaluators of talent.

They also drafted Tim Rattay, though admittedly after Brady was taken. Ugh.