• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: Regular season Week 2 Thread:

armadillooutlaw

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Way too soon to say that IMO
Obviously we won't have a truly solid idea of things until about midseason, but it's still worth noting what we've seen thus far. For example, SF's offense led by Deebo and McCaffrey looks like a well-oiled machine allowing Purdy to drive the bus.
Dallas' secondary looks improved (outside of the long NY TD today) and the WCO system plays to Prescott's strengths from earlier in his career - high-efficiency short, quick passing game that limits turnovers.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Only reason they would think about trading him is if they wind up with the #1 pick. You ride Fields through his rookie contract. The Claypool trade was awful.

Wrong thread whoops

Last edited:

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,063.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Way to open your mouth again.

Right up there with you telling me Darren Waller is washed up and Jalin Hyatt isn't gonna contribute much because he's a rookie.

You're a goddamn good luck charm for the Gmen, buddy. :D
My post yesterday was an exceptional use of the Fightin’ Funbags Mush directed for purposes of good. If you check out the NBA forum off topic thread you’ll see this post from me this week:

Any of you guys and girls do survivor pools?

Looking for some feedback. I used the Commanders last week.

1. Giants- when a team that has aspirations gets embarrassed like that and they have a lackluster Cardinals actively tanking on deck to right the ship, I think that’s a great spot. Last week’s play was a fade of the Cardinals. They just look inadequate. I’m not calling the Giants the same deal. If you watched the game, they just were swarmed by team speed. The Cardinals don’t play defense that way.
2. Niners over the Rams
3. Cowboys over the Jets

I think Cowboys and Niners are complete sure things (as sure thingy as you can get in the home of the bad beats…the NFL) but they’re going to be that ace in the hole when the season gets late and there are nothing but 50/50 games left on your ledger.

Now don’t get me wrong…I still think the Giants have legit issues. They just ran into a tanking team yesterday. Giants are still a mirage.

RobToxin

Roid Raging
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.08
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Cowboys outscored the New York teams by a combined score of 70-10.

law and order crazy shit GIF

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Through two games (small sample), Dallas and SF look like the class of the NFC. Philly looks like they've taken a step back, though still very good.
sir, this is not allowed here unless it's negative. Please post positive comments on the Dallas team board.

you understand

Niner Outlaw

Stay out of my territory.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Chargers 0-2. QB has 300yds, 2 TDs, 0INTs. D gets 5 sacks. Held Henry in check. LAC still lose. Wow

For the 2nd week in a row, Anthony Richardson left the game injured. Maybe there’s a lesson in that.

Bijan Robinson looks like the real deal for the Falcons. Love had a butt-fumble.

Bengals 0-2 with Burrow gimpy. Eh, they were 0-2 last year and still made the playoffs, right? Right?

Denver 0-2. Choked away a 3-score lead. That was clearly DPI on the 2pt conversion attempt!

Seattle and Geno rebound despite playing with backup OTs. Should Detroit be worried about their defense?

Tampa 2-0! That’ll end next week with the Eagles coming to town.

Puka Nacua looks like the real deal at WR for the Rams. A healthy Stafford = playoffs?

No Aaron Rodgers, no win for NY. Why didn’t the Jets run the ball more while the game was close?

Patriots 0-2. Tough early schedule, though. They’ll right the ship next week vs the Jets.

Jimmy throws 2 picks and Josh Allen throws none = Bills win big.

Low scoring game in KC v. Jags. Chiefs grind out a gutty, defensive win in an ugly game.

No, neither Fields nor the Bears will be taking the next step this season. 0-2 with KC up next.

“Tanking” Cards blow a 20-0 lead to the Gmen and lose 31-28. That's how you tank!

Didn’t you used to be the Niners pass rush?

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Chargers 0-2. QB has 300yds, 2 TDs, 0INTs. D gets 5 sacks. Held Henry in check. LAC still lose. Wow
Their defense is at 'historically bad' levels in yards per play. If their defense was just 'bad' then they'd probably be 2-0. Interesting team to watch moving forward. Could be a SB contender. Could completely implode like Denver last year when only the defense was good.

Dr. Strangelove

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
NY teams...
Can anybody explain the coaching strategy of the Jets? You lost your QB for the season, have a shit pass blocking O-line, a QB that everyone agrees is a draft bust and you have him dropping back 30+ times and only try to run the ball 11 times while playing in Dallas with one of the best pass rushers in the league. Also, that so called elite defense got exposed because the offense was so bad.
As for the other NY/NJ team, I hope they weren't celebrating that comeback too much. Coming out and getting behind that bad to a Cardinal team that is really not good is as bad of a win as there is. Now they lose their best weapon on offense and have to go to San Fran on a short week. Giants fans are in for a long season of disappointment, I think.

Niner Outlaw

Stay out of my territory.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
NY teams...
Can anybody explain the coaching strategy of the Jets? You lost your QB for the season, have a shit pass blocking O-line, a QB that everyone agrees is a draft bust and you have him dropping back 30+ times and only try to run the ball 11 times while playing in Dallas with one of the best pass rushers in the league. Also, that so called elite defense got exposed because the offense was so bad.
As for the other NY/NJ team, I hope they weren't celebrating that comeback too much. Coming out and getting behind that bad to a Cardinal team that is really not good is as bad of a win as there is. Now they lose their best weapon on offense and have to go to San Fran on a short week. Giants fans are in for a long season of disappointment, I think.
Forget the comeback, I have trouble understanding how the NYG fell behind Arizona so quickly like that.

Dr. Strangelove

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Forget the comeback, I have trouble understanding how the NYG fell behind Arizona so quickly like that.
You and me both partner. I couldn't believe my eyes watching Josh Dobbs chew up the Giants D. They were down 20-0 in the blink of an eye, it seemed.