• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: Regular season Week 2 Thread:

Tai Chi≈Surfing

Phenom~Vet~HOFer
San Francisco -- The edge of the western world.
Hoopla Cash
$ 147,849.53
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
2 MNF games tonight?

I can dig it.

Ceelo Green Kool GIF

Dr. Strangelove

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Their defense is at 'historically bad' levels in yards per play. If their defense was just 'bad' then they'd probably be 2-0. Interesting team to watch moving forward. Could be a SB contender. Could completely implode like Denver last year when only the defense was good.
They don't seem to possess the clutch, killer instinct to finish teams off. How long before Staley's seat starts getting hot?

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They don't seem to possess the clutch, killer instinct to finish teams off. How long before Staley's seat starts getting hot?
I suspect if Staley goes 0-4 he'll get fired in their week 5 bye week. I think he could also get fired if he beats the Vikings and loses to the Raiders or gets blown out by either team. That seat has to be on fire.

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I didn't even realize we had 2 MNF games until @eaglesnut alerted me to the situation!

tumblr_ndprqiuFBO1tglg2co4_500.gifv

Dr. Strangelove

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I suspect if Staley goes 0-4 he'll get fired in their week 5 bye week.
0-3 looks entirely possible at the Vikings. 0-4 would mean losing to the Raiders at home so yeah, I could definitely see him getting the axe. Especially when they come out of the bye and have to face the Cowboys and Chiefs.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Chargers 0-2. QB has 300yds, 2 TDs, 0INTs. D gets 5 sacks. Held Henry in check. LAC still lose. Wow

For the 2nd week in a row, Anthony Richardson left the game injured. Maybe there’s a lesson in that.

Bijan Robinson looks like the real deal for the Falcons. Love had a butt-fumble.

Bengals 0-2 with Burrow gimpy. Eh, they were 0-2 last year and still made the playoffs, right? Right?

Denver 0-2. Choked away a 3-score lead. That was clearly DPI on the 2pt conversion attempt!

Seattle and Geno rebound despite playing with backup OTs. Should Detroit be worried about their defense?

Tampa 2-0! That’ll end next week with the Eagles coming to town.

Puka Nacua looks like the real deal at WR for the Rams. A healthy Stafford = playoffs?

No Aaron Rodgers, no win for NY. Why didn’t the Jets run the ball more while the game was close?

Patriots 0-2. Tough early schedule, though. They’ll right the ship next week vs the Jets.

Jimmy throws 2 picks and Josh Allen throws none = Bills win big.

Low scoring game in KC v. Jags. Chiefs grind out a gutty, defensive win in an ugly game.

No, neither Fields nor the Bears will be taking the next step this season. 0-2 with KC up next.

“Tanking” Cards blow a 20-0 lead to the Gmen and lose 31-28. That's how you tank!

Didn’t you used to be the Niners pass rush?
Bengals are the only team to do it in the last 4 years. I also saw a stat that there has never been a team to start out 0-2 in division play and make the playoffs. Not sure when that was dated back to though.

Niner Outlaw

Stay out of my territory.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I suspect if Staley goes 0-4 he'll get fired in their week 5 bye week. I think he could also get fired if he beats the Vikings and loses to the Raiders or gets blown out by either team. That seat has to be on fire.
Yep, Staley's seat is already red hot. He was nearly fired last year after that playoff meltdown. They don't exactly have an easy schedule to right their ship either. Next up are the Vikings, Raiders, Cowboys, and Chiefs.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yep, Staley's seat is already red hot. He was nearly fired last year after that playoff meltdown. They don't exactly have an easy schedule to right their ship either. Next up are the Vikings, Raiders, Cowboys, and Chiefs.
Yikes. They will be fortunate to go 2-2 in those 4. Anything less and Staley might not make it half the season.

redskinsfan1963

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
you reckon kellen moore will replace him if he gets fired?

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
you reckon kellen moore will replace him if he gets fired?
It would make a lot of sense. Moore was a fringe head coaching candidate. Offensive-minded guy. If the offense is the only thing working then he'd probably be the interim.

Staley pretty much has to beat the Raiders.

redskinsfan1963

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It would make a lot of sense. Moore was a fringe head coaching candidate. Offensive-minded guy. If the offense is the only thing working then he'd probably be the interim.
head coach in the nfl
thought he would be there along time,just proves you have to really be smart to be a head coach in the nfl

fastforward

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,832.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My post yesterday was an exceptional use of the Fightin’ Funbags Mush directed for purposes of good. If you check out the NBA forum off topic thread you’ll see this post from me this week:

Any of you guys and girls do survivor pools?

Looking for some feedback. I used the Commanders last week.

1. Giants- when a team that has aspirations gets embarrassed like that and they have a lackluster Cardinals actively tanking on deck to right the ship, I think that’s a great spot. Last week’s play was a fade of the Cardinals. They just look inadequate. I’m not calling the Giants the same deal. If you watched the game, they just were swarmed by team speed. The Cardinals don’t play defense that way.
2. Niners over the Rams
3. Cowboys over the Jets

I think Cowboys and Niners are complete sure things (as sure thingy as you can get in the home of the bad beats…the NFL) but they’re going to be that ace in the hole when the season gets late and there are nothing but 50/50 games left on your ledger.

Now don’t get me wrong…I still think the Giants have legit issues. They just ran into a tanking team yesterday. Giants are still a mirage.
Survivor feedback:

I didn't think a team that lost 40-0 at home in Week 1 was a good pick to win on the road in Week 2 against a team that that had been surprisingly tough to beat. The Giants are a bottom 8 team and there's almost never a good reason to pick a bottom 8 team with 17 picks in a 32 team league. Playing a demoralised and uncompetitive #32 team would qualify, but I don't think that applies, (yet), to the Cardinals. Picking a top Super Bowl contender like the 49ers is an option against any non top 10 team, but again they could be used in another week when there wasn't a better match-up option. The Cowboys made a lot of sense in Week 2 because of their wounded opponent. The only other week on the Cowboys schedule you'd really want to take them is Week 3 against the Cardinals. The Bills made a lot of sense and 10 days ago they were my provisional Week 2 pick. (The Eagles were provisionally Plan B). I switched because of the opportunity to pick a good team at home to the QB-less Jets.

Generally you want to avoid 55-60% options early in the season. Stockpiling the better teams for 70-80% options later in the season rarely works because injuries and form have a way of turning future safe picks into coin flips. Conversely some of the late season games that look to be coin flips now might be safe choices down the stretch.

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,063.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Survivor feedback:

I didn't think a team that lost 40-0 at home in Week 1 was a good pick to win on the road in Week 2 against a team that that had been surprisingly tough to beat. The Giants are a bottom 8 team and there's almost never a good reason to pick a bottom 8 team with 17 picks in a 32 team league. Playing a demoralised and uncompetitive #32 team would qualify, but I don't think that applies, (yet), to the Cardinals. Picking a top Super Bowl contender like the 49ers is an option against any non top 10 team, but again they could be used in another week when there wasn't a better match-up option. The Cowboys made a lot of sense in Week 2 because of their wounded opponent. The only other week on the Cowboys schedule you'd really want to take them is Week 3 against the Cardinals. The Bills made a lot of sense and 10 days ago they were my provisional Week 2 pick. (The Eagles were provisionally Plan B). I switched because of the opportunity to pick a good team at home to the QB-less Jets.

Generally you want to avoid 55-60% options early in the season. Stockpiling the better teams for 70-80% options later in the season rarely works because injuries and form have a way of turning future safe picks into coin flips. Conversely some of the late season games that look to be coin flips now might be safe choices down the stretch.
You’re not wrong haha. I was watching that game with family after a wedding weekend in a Broadway Honky tonk after a wedding and I was rightly getting roasted but I survived to pick next week. It was a very quick Cardinals fade. You’re right that I have to switch up. They’ve been competitive through two games.

armadillooutlaw

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Moore was over his head as the OC in Dallas. He'd get badly exposed as a HC. His understanding of situational football may be the worst I have ever seen, and I saw Jason Garrett as HC so that's saying a lot.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Moore was over his head as the OC in Dallas. He'd get badly exposed as a HC. His understanding of situational football may be the worst I have ever seen, and I saw Jason Garrett as HC so that's saying a lot.
I've heard similar things myself. He seems to be pretty polarizing. I know the Chargers OC last year might have been one of the worst in the league and the Chargers offense was still able to function so I do think that offense is pretty idiot proof.

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Forget the comeback, I have trouble understanding how the NYG fell behind Arizona so quickly like that.
Jonathan Gannon is a players coach that's a little bitch when it counts most??