• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Reflecting

flaraider

The Real Deal
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
on our last game in Seattle, after several dismal performances there were actually a few highlights to be had at Q-west, no moral victory but definite improvement over the Browns, Cards and Phins games.

I give a ton of credit to Lynch, that guy is flat out tough to bring down, that is the kind of muscle we need to have in our backfield. Some signs of life on both sides of the ball kept us in the game despite a few mental miscues, I finally get to see DJ make some plays and he has to draw a foolish taunting penalty, kind of seemed to be the way the game went Sunday, quite a few game changing plays nullified by yellow flags, as usual I would classify some of them as questionable, but we know that going in, we have to be able to weather that storm and just get better at dealing with those setbacks.

A few too many 3rd and longs due to those 2nd down running calls for no gain (wtf Olsen?), but it looked like we actually made some adjustments at the half and put ourselves in position to give the Seahawks a little scare. McFadden up the middle just doesn't seem to be working, he really needs to be on the edges where he can work in space.

It is apparent that Murray has incurred someones wrath, I see no other explanation for his lack of PT, and I thought he was a solid pick of ours last year.

SeaBass's miss, I guarantee he makes that 10 out of 10 in the warmups.

All in all a much better effort made in Seattle, if we can continue that effort we might be able to steal a couple Ws before seasons end.

idahoraiderfan33

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What a bust this season has become!! Smh!! I just want to WIN!! But in order to WIN, we NEED a RUN game and top notch coaching!! Sadly by the looks of it?? We have neither.. Its just not possible for a rookie QB to carry the franchise with NO run game and spotty coaching!! I go around and see fans dumping on CARR.. What are those dudes smoking?? Pass Pass give!! So i can see the game like them!! Again SMH..
Shoot im willing to bet the team that plays great D WITH THE BEST RUN GAME wins the SB!! Any takers??
A Pass happy O will WIN you some games, but in the END will doom you!! And that is what our Raiders have become, a pass happy O.. And we have spotty WR play on top of that!! The good news in all this DOOM is??
CARR and the rest of the young Raiders are facing TOP rated teams game after game, and are getting better and better up to this point!! The rebuild is working!! GO RAIDERS!! JUST WIN!!

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well if you look at Carr's stats they definitely don't paint a pretty picture. He is 32nd in yards per attempt (usually one of the stats used to show which quarterback is playing the best), his quarterback rating is 29th, and yards per game 28th even though he is 12th in attempts this season. All that paints a quarterback that isn't having a good season.

The problem with that assessment is it doesn't accurately show what he has done on the field. I am one that has been left impressed with his play honestly. For me Derek Carr is passing the eye test. The issue becomes can the Raiders hire a coaching staff that is able to maximize his abilities and can they as a FO actually surround him with enough talent to actually be able to do something. We shall see. They seem though to have found one of the hardest pieces of the puzzle in a franchise quarterback. For your guys' sakes better hope they don't waste it. Too many talented quarterbacks went to bad franchises and just never had a chance to succeed. Look at his brother as example numero uno.

gsw_lightning

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wonder if the Raiders FO could swing a trade in the off-season with Indy Colts for RB Trent Richardson. I'm thinking the Colts are not getting what they thought when they got him from the Browns. Richardson is only 24 y/o with a $2.25M salary, but isn't really the starter there now. Could replace McFad and Drew at RB for the long-term when healthy, and young enough along with QB Carr to take the Raiders offense far.

idahoraiderfan33

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
cd, the only stat that matters are WINS.. Look at the Stats that RW had when we played them.. They were crappy, but he WON and thats all that matters.. We have no RUN game bro and spotty WR play, and yet we play Playoff contenders game after game with a rookie QB.. How do you think those stats are going to look?? Great?? I do agree that he passes the eye test BIG TIME!! He is what you call a gamer!! He keeps us in the game!! The Raiders are VERY VERY happy with Derek Carr!! After playing the schedule that he is playing this year he will be a seasoned VET next year.. And that is part of the plan.. Coaching coaching coaching!! MATTERS!! Hey it looks like the 2nd greatest Raider of all time John Madden said Gruden would be a bad fit fit for the Raiders!! Hmmmm.. I smell Chucky to Oakland!!

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wonder if the Raiders FO could swing a trade in the off-season with Indy Colts for RB Trent Richardson. I'm thinking the Colts are not getting what they thought when they got him from the Browns. Richardson is only 24 y/o with a $2.25M salary, but isn't really the starter there now. Could replace McFad and Drew at RB for the long-term when healthy, and young enough along with QB Carr to take the Raiders offense far.

Richardson has played in 2 places now and shown nothing in either place. He is quickly showing he was a product of a great system in Alabama that produces great running stats but doesn't translate much to the NFL. Now sure why you would want to trade a draft pick when the NFL is showing there are plenty of even undrafted or late drafted RB's making an impact in the league. Bradshaw is averaging over a yard more per carry behind the exact same OL so that should show Richardson just isn't cut out to be a feature back in this league. I know he is still half way young and maybe could turn it around but I would bet the Colts don't keep him much longer because of his price tag. I'm betting he is a FA after this season. No reason to give up a draft pick.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
cd, the only stat that matters are WINS.. Look at the Stats that RW had when we played them.. They were crappy, but he WON and thats all that matters.. We have no RUN game bro and spotty WR play, and yet we play Playoff contenders game after game with a rookie QB.. How do you think those stats are going to look?? Great?? I do agree that he passes the eye test BIG TIME!! He is what you call a gamer!! He keeps us in the game!! The Raiders are VERY VERY happy with Derek Carr!! After playing the schedule that he is playing this year he will be a seasoned VET next year.. And that is part of the plan.. Coaching coaching coaching!! MATTERS!! Hey it looks like the 2nd greatest Raider of all time John Madden said Gruden would be a bad fit fit for the Raiders!! Hmmmm.. I smell Chucky to Oakland!!

I agree wins is a huge stat but I would say that is more a team showing that just one individual. Wilson and that offense did not even come close to winning that game. If anything they were the reason they almost lost that game to the Raiders at home. The defense and special teams really showed up well and made up for that offense of Seattle. I will say Lynch was a man possessed but Wilson being under 50% completion and really should have been picked off a couple of times where he threw it right to Oakland defenders. Again Wilson has a great team around him that makes it to where he doesn't have to play great for them to win. Right now for Carr he just doesn't have that. He has to play a perfect game in my opinion for this team to have success week in and week out and that is just a recipe for losing as they are right now. Again get some talent around him and more importantly some good coaching and the Raiders could quickly rise back into being competitive for the division.

idahoraiderfan33

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ugh, i don't want to agree with cd about Richardson, but i have to.. I would look to draft Gurley or Gordon, and let those guys grow up with Carr.. But we need to trade down and get more picks before i draft one of those guys.. What I want to see is Murray get a chance to RUN the rock!! 6-3 240 4.4.. The season is OVER!! Let him get some RUN!! If he sucks?? Oh well, at least we will know that we need to draft or pick up a RB in the offseason.. Maybe he sucks at picking up the blitz, or he's dogging it at practice?? Who knows?? All i know is i want to see him get some run..

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Come on Idaho you love agreeing with me! I agree at this point in the season it is time to start seeing what some of this young talent can do on the field. Gives the next coaching staff a better idea of where the true needs are moving forward. Plus gives the young talent some much needed experience moving forward.

idahoraiderfan33

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bingo cd.. RW has a SB team built around him, and one of the BEST coaching staffs in the game!! He can have bad games and still WIN.. And like you said, Carr has to be Joe Montana in his PRIME in order for us to WIN this year.. Oh and let's not forget?? Olson is calling the plays.. A few more days baby!! Then its clash of OLD AFC West foes!! DANG!! I WANT TO WIN THIS GAME!!

idahoraiderfan33

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You know the game thats for sure cd!! And you seem like a pretty cool dude as well.. I can respect that.. We do have some pretty good battles as well.. You win some i win some.. Its all good.. What i want to see is?? You and FlaRaider discuss football.. FlaRaider is a beast!!

Last edited by a moderator:

idahoraiderfan33

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I want to see cd and FlaRaider discuss football.. FlaRaider is a beast!!

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Haha any time he wants to discuss football I am definitely up for it. I am one that I like to just discuss football whether it be about the Broncos or whatever team. I am just a fan of the game that happens to lean towards the Broncos being my favorite but respect the heck out of all teams across the NFL. Always enjoy talking to fans of other teams. Gives a whole new perspective to the game and to other teams that I just don't know as well as my own.

So Idaho you have a short list of coaches you would like to see maybe brought in? Heard any rumors of people other than Chucky?

idahoraiderfan33

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hate talking about new coaches, cuz that means our season went bust.. But what the heck!! My VERY short list is.. Chucky, Harbaugh, Holmgren in that order.. Those guys know the game!! The cred those guys bring, and the ability to attract BIG name FAs would turn our team around NEXT year no doubt.. And man what a FA crop we have next year!! My HYPE is flowing through my body just thinking about getting one of those guys!!
I also like Shaw, Sumlin, and i like Sparano as well.. One thing i don't want is?? Some first time HC!!
We have tried the first time HC over and over, and every season we freaking BUST!!
Alot of that busting came from bad QB play as well as bad coaching.. Well now we got a NICE young QB that has all the tools, so i would like to get him one of those coaches on my VERY short list!! As far as rumors go?? Nothing real solid, but those top 3 have been mentioned to Oakland!! And that gives me SUPER HOPE!!

idahoraiderfan33

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So i go to NFL.Com just to see whats up?? And they have a draft redo on there.. Anyways, they have Mack at 1# and Carr at 3#.. Thats a pretty good haul for Reggie eh?? Yeah i know, any monkey could have made those picks right?? Well, i wonder what monkey's are running the Texans and Jags eh?? The Texans with QB guru O' Brien NEEDING QB super bad take the injury prone Clown Man!! Lmao at that pick!! And the Jags with super young HOT prospect coach Gus Bradley take Borttles!! And our boy Reggie takes Mack and Carr!! To go along with a young stable full of other young players!! Is it NOT easy to see who has the better GM out of those 3 teams?? Hate is a bitch man, and it blinds people to the truth!!

flaraider

The Real Deal
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I want to see cd and FlaRaider discuss football.. FlaRaider is a beast!!

Lol, thanks for the props idaho my bro, I love talking football, and honest opinions concerning the state of affairs in Oakland are always welcome.

As has been the pattern for most of our games this year, the Raiders were keyed up to start the game and gave the home crowd something to cheer about, but seemed to lose focus as fatigue and PM started to carve us up. A quarter and a half and the Raiders were holding their own when CJ Anderson runs through over around us and takes it to the house, I could feel the momentum slipping away and we just couldn't make anything happen when we had our turn at bat, dropped passes and again some curious play calling that kept giving the ball back to PM way too many times.

Obviously the Raiders needed to have some success rushing and sustain some drives, you can't give that guy that many chances to beat you. We had some things going our way early, we took the ball away a couple times and were in his passing lanes, got the ball back to our offense and couldn't make it pay off, it wasn't hard to see what the outcome would be.

All the positives of the first half went right out the window on the first play of the second half, and you could just see the wind taken right out of our sails, by that time PM was in his rhythmn and the rout was on, running the ball just enough to keep our D off balance, and nothing but frustration being produced by the Raider offense.

It wasn't as disheartening as our meltdowns in Cleveland, etc., considering the quality of our opponent, nonetheless still deeply disappointed, the unsportsmanlike on Sparano really put an exclamation point on our utter futility yesterday, at that point you had to wonder what is going on over there, Sparano knows better than that.

Still some chances to get a W, for despite what the talking heads say we know division games could somehow go our way, not every bounce can be a bad one, and we know Rivers and Smith can have a bad game every now and then.

flaraider

The Real Deal
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Haha any time he wants to discuss football I am definitely up for it. I am one that I like to just discuss football whether it be about the Broncos or whatever team. I am just a fan of the game that happens to lean towards the Broncos being my favorite but respect the heck out of all teams across the NFL. Always enjoy talking to fans of other teams. Gives a whole new perspective to the game and to other teams that I just don't know as well as my own.

So Idaho you have a short list of coaches you would like to see maybe brought in? Heard any rumors of people other than Chucky?

cdumler, you know I like you, and respect your opinion, even if you bleed blue and orange.

We can talk football anytime, one thing about the 'hoop, we all get along.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
cdumler, you know I like you, and respect your opinion, even if you bleed blue and orange.

We can talk football anytime, one thing about the 'hoop, we all get along.

That is one thing I do appreciate about the Hoop is this does seem like a pretty relaxed and respectful group. Yes you have your few that go crazy every once in a while but it seems like those type of people don't last long here. I definitely like that about this place over the dreaded four letter word that most of us came from where trolls were running the place and you just couldn't do anything about it. Anyway good luck the rest of the way except week 17. Wouldn't mind seeing you guys beat the Chiefs or Chargers later in the season and helping us out a bit. :suds:

idahoraiderfan33

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, now we get a Bolt team that is NO doubt pissed off after getting blown out and coming off a bye!!
So what, all we can do is play the team in front of us.. Anyways my keys to Victory.. STOP THE RUN AND RUN THE BALL!! Hit Rivers!! No TOs!! Catch the BALL!! Have a good game plan!! Coaches coach players play, we do that?? WE WIN!! Then a few short days later its KC in prime time!! Hey Raiders!! You want to WIN some games?? These next two are the ones you want.. For Sure!!

idahoraiderfan33

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, once again i come with my KEYS to victory!! STOP THE RUN AND RUN THE BALL!! Thats it!! That is the KEY to everything!! If for the 11th time we find our self's in 2nd and 3rd and long!! ALL game long?? We will LOSE!! Its that simple.. If Carr is in 3rd and long all game long against KC's MONSTER pass rush?? What do you think is going to happen?? Heck PM folded up like a chair with his ALL=PRO WRs against that Rams pass rush with no RUN game.. We NEED to split DMAC and Murray's carries 50\50!! And play them both at the same time!! Split DMAC wide!! With his speed and power against smaller DBs and slower LBs is a match up i love!! I just don't understand why we don't use DMAC that way?? He has good hands, with speed and POWER to burn!! Nope run him at a 8 man front, on first and second, then put Carr in 3rd and long, and expect Carr to find the open man with a nasty pass rush bearing down on him.. Play both Murray and DMAC at the same time!! Our play book SUCKS!! But we have a small chance if we run the ball.. And play good D!!