• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Redskins

Manster7588

I Support Law Enforcement.
Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So I don't get this. If he follows the same routine it isn't a penalty if he does it the same way every time even if he does move the ball? I may have to rethink my thoughts that it was not a penalty if true. But he clearly did move the ball

Find a center who doesn't move the ball pre setup.
If I'm the Dallas D I'm jumping the moment the center moves the ball next week just to say "See that dickhead in Washington screwed us".

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Find a center who doesn't move the ball pre setup.
If I'm the Dallas D I'm jumping the moment the center moves the ball next week just to say "See that dickhead in Washington screwed us".
There were two holding calls during the game that were called after big plays by Dallas, one led directly to a Washington TD. While they were probably holding by the letter of the law, it could have been called on either team on nearly every play of the game. Dallas recovered from those, but this terrible call cost them a shot at winning the game

Andresrenee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fellas. This game was telling and now we have a norm. Garrett is Mr 8-8. Team was not ready to play at the start no matter how many meetings were held. Still can’t manage a game at the end. Connor Williams was a drive killer - 2 critical first down erased and led to a Washington TD - and was getting pushed 2 yards back on several plays. Looking like a wasted pick and someone who cost us the game. Dak had a 95 QBR rating or so but he could have had so much more. Shame really. He holds the ball too long, does not always hit the right guys but at this point when he throws above 250 and runs for more than 25 yards we consider it a victory. He had two big turnovers and along with Connor Williams had a very big part in the L. DEFENSE IS SOLID. Held them to 13 pints and we still can’t win. Jax was fools gold. They are sliding and not the same without Fournette. Time to start thinking about drafting a QB. Likely sitting at 5-5 in a few weeks. Nice play calls today. Can’t blame it on the OC today.

es4m11

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I thought Smith was bad today and this wasn't the first game. I'm not sure what the deal is there but I'm more than a little concerned

Is it really a mystery? Tyron Smith's back is fucked. He has been in decline for the past two seasons.

es4m11

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I didn't have the chance to watch yesterday's game yet. Went to the Ravens and Saints game -- great game -- which was another heart breaker, for me. Walked back from the stadium just in time to catch the last minute of the Cowboys game and see Maher miss. FUCKING KICKERS!!!

Reading all your guys' comments, I think I may just leave this one alone and not watch. Sounds like a lot of the same familiar bugaboos for this team/coaching staff. Poor clock management, lack of creativity on offense, etc. etc.

8-8 here we come!

tomodach10

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fellas. This game was telling and now we have a norm. Garrett is Mr 8-8. Team was not ready to play at the start no matter how many meetings were held. Still can’t manage a game at the end. Connor Williams was a drive killer - 2 critical first down erased and led to a Washington TD - and was getting pushed 2 yards back on several plays. Looking like a wasted pick and someone who cost us the game. Dak had a 95 QBR rating or so but he could have had so much more. Shame really. He holds the ball too long, does not always hit the right guys but at this point when he throws above 250 and runs for more than 25 yards we consider it a victory. He had two big turnovers and along with Connor Williams had a very big part in the L. DEFENSE IS SOLID. Held them to 13 pints and we still can’t win. Jax was fools gold. They are sliding and not the same without Fournette. Time to start thinking about drafting a QB. Likely sitting at 5-5 in a few weeks. Nice play calls today. Can’t blame it on the OC today.

I am not happy with Dak, but I will ride out this season and see how he fares. I hope he gets better, but he also is not getting any help from the o-line. This o-line can't run block or pass block. It has issues.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
On the whole Dak did/didn't play bad. I wouldnt say he was bad, but he did make enough mistakes where he was good. He had his good plays and his bad plays. He was average and he has to get better, or the team has to move on from him.
I think that is fair. He is handicapped by the guys on the sideline and the guys on the field with him. But if you are going to be a good QB in this league you need to win in spite of those things working against you.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is it really a mystery? Tyron Smith's back is fucked. He has been in decline for the past two seasons.
But when his back is really bad he doesn't practice. He has been practicing and playing worse than last year when he wasn't practice and did have a bad back. If you watch him yesterday there were a couple of times when he looked inside as if he was going to help on the DT and 94 was obviously rushing from the outside and it gave him the extra step to get the upper hand. Plus Smith looked like he was reaching and didn't have his good technique. That part could be the back, but why isn't he resting more if it is?

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am not happy with Dak, but I will ride out this season and see how he fares. I hope he gets better, but he also is not getting any help from the o-line. This o-line can't run block or pass block. It has issues.
There is no choice but to do that. At some point after the year the team is going to have to sit down and take a long hard look at a lot of our guys and that includes Dak.

es4m11

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But when his back is really bad he doesn't practice. He has been practicing and playing worse than last year when he wasn't practice and did have a bad back. If you watch him yesterday there were a couple of times when he looked inside as if he was going to help on the DT and 94 was obviously rushing from the outside and it gave him the extra step to get the upper hand. Plus Smith looked like he was reaching and didn't have his good technique. That part could be the back, but why isn't he resting more if it is?

Didn't watch the game yesterday, so I can't comment on that specifically.

As far Smith's back, can't speculate too much because Dallas and Smith have been pretty hush hush about what exactly is the issue. I am no doctor, so take this with a big grain of salt, but I have had a fair amount of experience of dealing with a bad back. Just judging by everything I have read and watching Smith over the years, I would feel fairly confident in betting that Smith is dealing with a degenerative disc issue, most likely stemming from an untreated hernia. This issue, depending on which disc we are talking about, can have serious implications for mobility, obviously, due to the nerve pressure that is created when the disc collapses.

You mentioned that yesterday Smith was reaching for defenders, and he has done that more and more over the past two seasons than ever before. If you notice, sometimes Tyron cheats to the inside now, too, if he is facing quicker guys - like Clowney a few weeks ago. I think this is because he is just not as quick as he once was, and IMO it is because his back is much stiffer these days -- Tyron is not the same fluid athlete in space that he used to be, it's pretty evident. His movements are pretty mechanical these days, if that makes any sense.

As far as Smith not missing time so far this year, that could just mean that he hasn't had any major flare ups so far. And that is not uncommon in my experience. Hypothetically speaking, if you have a collapsed disc/degenerative disc disease eventually the vertebrae become bone on bone and the nerve canals collapse, creating a lot of pressure on the nerve, which can cause a whole host of problems -- such as sciatica, limited mobility, severe pain, restriction of other certain bodily functions (depending which disc/nerve you are talking about), etc. Over time if an issue like this is not corrected the pain receptors in the nerve that is being crushed will eventually turn off/stop functioning. Once that happens pain becomes negligible mostly, and regular flare ups become less of problem and fewer an further between, but you are left with severely diminished physical capability. So it could be that Smith's case has advanced to this point, and while he might not be missing time, this injury most probably is dragging against him heavily.

Again, I am no doctor, but I have first hand experience with everything I just wrote.

ROMOTOOWENS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think that is fair. He is handicapped by the guys on the sideline and the guys on the field with him. But if you are going to be a good QB in this league you need to win in spite of those things working against you.

I have always compared him to Smith. I’m not going to say he outplayed Smith because Alex didn’t fumble, but to me he just looked a lot better. Smith just looks out of sorts to me this year so far. Dak threw the ball a lot better and looked a lot better running. Of course 2 or 3 of Daks runs were called back, so the stats may not show that. Smith doesn’t look as quick as he use to. The anticipation thing is the problem I see with Dak, a lot more than the accuracy. I’ve read read for 2 years now about how inaccurate Dak is. I just don’t see it. Sure he misses passes but every Qb does. Now as far as ball placement, there are times where he could lead a player so there can be a chance for a better run after the catch. There was one throw yesterday that I was like WTF was that and it was the first one he threw. Again the bigger problem to me is the anticipation. I’m not sure if it’s a lack of sight or a lack of trust.

Andresrenee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Dak does not quite read the defenses well and looks a bit hesitant. Not sure he trusts completely. He played solid but his mistakes also cost us. He had time yesterday and created time. His pocket presence is not the best. There were plays left on th field. Some by Dak and some by bad penalties that killed us.

ArlingtonCowboys100

Goodell is a polesmoker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There were two holding calls during the game that were called after big plays by Dallas, one led directly to a Washington TD. While they were probably holding by the letter of the law, it could have been called on either team on nearly every play of the game. Dallas recovered from those, but this terrible call cost them a shot at winning the game
The cowboys got screwed last season by the refs and the call on the long snapper yeaterday was atrocious and suspicious. When I look at officiating and the calls I think timing of the call's is important.

Now they could have tied it up and still lost,but I get tired of the ticky tack calls and our yellow belly head coach. I wish jerruh would sell the team

Manster7588

I Support Law Enforcement.
Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not all of his handicap is by the guys around him.
Penalties aside the OL gave his time, and I can only recall one dropped pass. The bad Dak was all on Dak.

ArlingtonCowboys100

Goodell is a polesmoker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have always compared him to Smith. I’m not going to say he outplayed Smith because Alex didn’t fumble, but to me he just looked a lot better. Smith just looks out of sorts to me this year so far. Dak threw the ball a lot better and looked a lot better running. Of course 2 or 3 of Daks runs were called back, so the stats may not show that. Smith doesn’t look as quick as he use to. The anticipation thing is the problem I see with Dak, a lot more than the accuracy. I’ve read read for 2 years now about how inaccurate Dak is. I just don’t see it. Sure he misses passes but every Qb does. Now as far as ball placement, there are times where he could lead a player so there can be a chance for a better run after the catch. There was one throw yesterday that I was like WTF was that and it was the first one he threw. Again the bigger problem to me is the anticipation. I’m not sure if it’s a lack of sight or a lack of trust.
Dak is not brutally horrible,but It would be tough for me deal with if jerruh pays him 100 million. Dak has proven over and over he can't put this team on his back like a franchise qb should. A healthy romo would have won yesterday and beaten the texans

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Didn't watch the game yesterday, so I can't comment on that specifically.

As far Smith's back, can't speculate too much because Dallas and Smith have been pretty hush hush about what exactly is the issue. I am no doctor, so take this with a big grain of salt, but I have had a fair amount of experience of dealing with a bad back. Just judging by everything I have read and watching Smith over the years, I would feel fairly confident in betting that Smith is dealing with a degenerative disc issue, most likely stemming from an untreated hernia. This issue, depending on which disc we are talking about, can have serious implications for mobility, obviously, due to the nerve pressure that is created when the disc collapses.

You mentioned that yesterday Smith was reaching for defenders, and he has done that more and more over the past two seasons than ever before. If you notice, sometimes Tyron cheats to the inside now, too, if he is facing quicker guys - like Clowney a few weeks ago. I think this is because he is just not as quick as he once was, and IMO it is because his back is much stiffer these days -- Tyron is not the same fluid athlete in space that he used to be, it's pretty evident. His movements are pretty mechanical these days, if that makes any sense.

As far as Smith not missing time so far this year, that could just mean that he hasn't had any major flare ups so far. And that is not uncommon in my experience. Hypothetically speaking, if you have a collapsed disc/degenerative disc disease eventually the vertebrae become bone on bone and the nerve canals collapse, creating a lot of pressure on the nerve, which can cause a whole host of problems -- such as sciatica, limited mobility, severe pain, restriction of other certain bodily functions (depending which disc/nerve you are talking about), etc. Over time if an issue like this is not corrected the pain receptors in the nerve that is being crushed will eventually turn off/stop functioning. Once that happens pain becomes negligible mostly, and regular flare ups become less of problem and fewer an further between, but you are left with severely diminished physical capability. So it could be that Smith's case has advanced to this point, and while he might not be missing time, this injury most probably is dragging against him heavily.

Again, I am no doctor, but I have first hand experience with everything I just wrote.
I have had back issues and specifically disc issues most of my life too. What makes it worse is never getting rest or the constant day after day agitation. So if he has what you outlined the days off would be more important to him I would think. I'm not even sure if he has been getting Wednesday's off. There is clearly a back issue with Smith which is why I said restructuring him would be asinine. But I'm guessing there is more to it right now than just that.

tomodach10

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The cowboys got screwed last season by the refs and the call on the long snapper yeaterday was atrocious and suspicious. When I look at officiating and the calls I think timing of the call's is important.

Now they could have tied it up and still lost,but I get tired of the ticky tack calls and our yellow belly head coach. I wish jerruh would sell the team

I think most fans have been hoping for Jerry to sell the team since the last Superbowl LOL

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I tend to agree. I've always thought it was just being hesitant and waiting a drop too long. Whether it be from being conservative or not trusting or just nervous or slow to see what is going on, I'm not sure. Also agree that the talk of not being accurate is false. He throws a lot of passes away that some think are thrown poorly. I see still photos all over the internet now where people are saying look at this open guy. Yet when you watch the same play on video you can see there was little chance of making the play due to pressure or the fact that the player was never as open as that still photo leads you to believe. I do think he needs to anticipate better and also give his receivers a chance when they have single coverage more, especially Gallup.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not all of his handicap is by the guys around him.
Penalties aside the OL gave his time, and I can only recall one dropped pass. The bad Dak was all on Dak.
And no one ever said otherwise. But there was more than one dropped pass. One hit Zeke in the face in the end zone, one was a big miss by Hurns near the left sideline and one hit someone (Gallup?) in the chest with Norman behind him down the right side on a curl or something. Those were the obvious ones but there were others that I saw that were catchable and weren't caught. BUT, I've always said that is life as an NFL QB. Sometimes guys bail you out and sometimes they miss. A Good QB needs to succeed even with that.

ArlingtonCowboys100

Goodell is a polesmoker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is it really a mystery? Tyron Smith's back is fucked. He has been in decline for the past two[/QUOTE

It is not just smith. Frederick being out is huge and a major blow. Several weeks ago I mentioned that Collins and Williams need to swap positions. Williams is too light to handle big defensive tackles .