• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Redskins' Kirk Cousins: Still far apart on extension terms

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,454.99
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You know the old saying "I can't fix stupid"? If you are going to post in our sandbox, at least try to comprehend the original post, and answer the question.
but thanks for calling me stupid, when you couldnt even put the logic together........ironic isnt it. I answered your question, played nice, and you resort to name calling , sounds like another skins fan ive interacted with

gkekoa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
but thanks for calling me stupid, when you couldnt even put the logic together........ironic isnt it. I answered your question, played nice, and you resort to name calling , sounds like another skins fan ive interacted with

Forgive him. He is a Cowboys fan. He needs to be high or you need to speak very slowly.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
no official news organization has reported a 65 mil guaranteed offer of a 95 mil counter proposal . it has been 2 days so the fake news thing is in play

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
no official news organization has reported a 65 mil guaranteed offer of a 95 mil counter proposal . it has been 2 days so the fake news thing is in play

But but... Kirk is just a dick who has no appreciation for the Redskins. No loyalty to the fans, and all he is out for is to be the highest paid player in the NFL. Oh and a sanctimonious hypocrite who is using Jesus to screw over the team.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But but... Kirk is just a dick who has no appreciation for the Redskins. No loyalty to the fans, and all he is out for is to be the highest paid player in the NFL. Oh and a sanctimonious hypocrite who is using Jesus to screw over the team.
but wait , we dont hate him either but we will jump to conclusions at the drop of a hat

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
but wait , we dont hate him either but we will jump to conclusions at the drop of a hat

The next eight days should be very interesting. Do ya think Bruce and Dan will actually make an offer before next Monday?? I dont.

Breed

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How does a good looking, god loving, squeaky clean starting QB for one of the most valuable franchises in the league not have major endorsement deals?

I find it interesting that companies who spend millions of dollars on top players in this league haven’t showed the love for KC, that they want him. Perhaps, corporations are waiting to see if KC can lead a team to a playoff win before signing him to one of those multi-million dollar endorsement contracts?

#Virginatireandautowantedme

I don't know if this plays into it, but all the football players that immediately come to mind far as endorsement deals have been in/won in the playoffs and/or the Super Bowl.

Another possible aspect. Kirk is a good looking guy, but he's a little bland to an extent if you compare him to say Tom Brady or Cam Newton. Aaron Rodgers is an OK looking dude, but he also has some discount double check swagger and a ring.

I'll tell you what though. I think had the Skins made a little noise in the playoffs in 2015. Kirk would've stood a decent chance of landing a nat'l commercial as "You like that!" was as pretty big deal that a lotta people had fun with for a while on ESPN, NFLN, the net etc.

I do think Kirk has the wit and charm to be a good to great pitch-guy. And the secret weapon for a player is can they flow with a joke or a bit? Can he be off the cuff funny or witty is situations that don't exactly call for it The Manning brothers for instance are some funny ass motor scooters.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The next eight days should be very interesting. Do ya think Bruce and Dan will actually make an offer before next Monday?? I dont.
i am on record as saying a deal will get done , so yes as farfetched as that sounds

ehb5

HTTR
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

In the defense of the source of the rumor it was never stated to be anything more than a rumor.

That said I tend to agree. Seems like we would've heard something else by now.

j_y19

ESPN Cast Off
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I guess one way to look at it is that no news is good news. Maybe that means that they are still having positive discussions and neither has felt the need to leak to the press because things are going south.

Unfortunately that's not the way I'm looking at it.........

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I guess one way to look at it is that no news is good news. Maybe that means that they are still having positive discussions and neither has felt the need to leak to the press because things are going south.

Unfortunately that's not the way I'm looking at it.........

IM figuring we wont hear anything before Friday at the earliest. And possibly not until Monday when we hear that both sides have agreed to just let the season ride on the franchise tag.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In the defense of the source of the rumor it was never stated to be anything more than a rumor.

That said I tend to agree. Seems like we would've heard something else by now.[/QU

nothing wrong with reporting a rumor as long as we dont accept rumor as fact . i mean some people were bashing KC over something that looks like it never took place

chillerdab

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I qualified all of my commentary regarding the Burgandy Blog post with phrases like "if this is true," etc., and then provided an actual link of a hypocrticial KC saying it's not about the money, its about Jesus, when even the sportscaster said that ,"it's always about the money."

I'm sorry you're so butt hurt sharkinva by my comments shark. Sorry, but not surprised. You always argue devils advocate poi ts that nobody really wants or needs to hear just to argue them.

You adr your commentary ,"but I thought..." to an argument that skinsdad is making that doesnt follow the thread.

Its what you do.

As stated previously: the front office is to blame, AND KC is being a dick.

SoCalWizFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I qualified all of my commentary regarding the Burgandy Blog post with phrases like "if this is true," etc., and then provided an actual link of a hypocrticial KC saying it's not about the money, its about Jesus, when even the sportscaster said that ,"it's always about the money."

I'm sorry you're so butt hurt sharkinva by my comments shark. Sorry, but not surprised. You always argue devils advocate poi ts that nobody really wants or needs to hear just to argue them.

You adr your commentary ,"but I thought..." to an argument that skinsdad is making that doesnt follow the thread.

Its what you do.

As stated previously: the front office is to blame, AND KC is being a dick.

Yep - who knows. The blame could be put on both sides & if this is resolved this week then who really cares. As for Cousins - well - a lot of effective QBs are/were considered jerks at several pts in their career (Brady, Rodgers, Newton at this time & guys like Favre & Elway in the past). It is part of the makeup of a QB for many - no big deal.

In the end who really cares - hopefully they reach a deal this week - if not they very well may pay too much for Cousins or lose him - just doesn't seem smart to me regardless of Cousins' strategy - we will see.

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No Butt Hurt involved dude. I just find it rather coincidental that most of the people quick to pass judgement and assign blame to Cousins for this impasse, were also the ones quick to jump to the whole Kirk should never be starting and he will fail line of thinking when he was named the starter. IM not a religious man, but Im not going to question the mans faith or his motives because at the end of the day, Im sure 95% of us would handle it the exact same way. Now sure you have the Brady taking less argument ( but forget that he had already made well over $150M when he decided to give the team a break). You got Carr who apparently didnt take ALL the money he could have. But at the end of the day, Carr also was not in a situation where Cousins is. At the end of the day I respect the man because instead of spending the first three years of his career moping he actually worked on getting better. He finally does, and you still have Skins fans proclaiming we should move on. I think alot of folks had a negative against Kirk that had more to do with who he replaced, than who he is or has become for this team. And its that portion of the fan base/posters that I see taking every possible negative about Kirk and running with it as if it were gospel.

gkekoa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yep - who knows. The blame could be put on both sides & if this is resolved this week then who really cares. As for Cousins - well - a lot of effective QBs are/were considered jerks at several pts in their career (Brady, Rodgers, Newton at this time & guys like Favre & Elway in the past). It is part of the makeup of a QB for many - no big deal.

In the end who really cares - hopefully they reach a deal this week - if not they very well may pay too much for Cousins or lose him - just doesn't seem smart to me regardless of Cousins' strategy - we will see.

Nope...100% of the blame falls on the front office because they could have had a 16 mil deal and balked placing the FT on him. They could have had a 19 mil deal and balked placing a second FT on him. No matter what, it is on the front office.

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
ESPN's John Keim reports a long-term deal between the Redskins and franchise-tagged Kirk Cousins "remains a long shot."

Keim reports "multiple sources close to Cousins have remained pessimistic," although he does say the "tone has changed" in negotiations. That matches what Adam Schefter said about the situation late last month. The two sides have until next Monday to work out a long-term deal. Cousins is scheduled to make $23.94 million on the one-year franchise tender.

Source: ESPN
Jul 10 - 11:41 A

Sportster 72

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have learned one thing in the past two plus years ..... no matter what there are going to be two sides and I think the only thing that could everyone on one side would be a Super Bowl victory.

As I remember it the team gave up 6 picks to have the right to draft Jason Campbell and Robert Griffin. No worries! All will be well if we go back to the draft a QB scenario. See Heath Shuler .... or Patrick Ramsey. We got this. :thumb: