• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Redskins Considering Firing Gruden After Season

countryroads316

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
we are screwed what coach in their right mind would want to come to this mess

The Washington Post reports the Redskins are considering firing Jay Gruden after the season.
Despite signing a fully guaranteed five-year deal this offseason, Gruden could be "one and done" in Washington. Owner Daniel Snyder and GM Bruce Allen are not completely on board with the decision to bench Robert Griffin III, leading to reports that Griffin could still make more starts this year. Gruden has led the Redskins to just three wins and regressed the careers of both Griffin and Kirk Cousins. If ownership decides to commit to Griffin in 2015, Washington could move on from Gruden regardless of the financial commitments.
Source: Washington Post Dec 6 - 5:58 PM

j_y19

ESPN Cast Off
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
WP once again throwing shit on the wall to see what sticks. I put no stock in anything the write anymore.

countryroads316

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
WP once again throwing shit on the wall to see what sticks. I put no stock in anything the write anymore.

its not just washington post now its on multiple websites

j_y19

ESPN Cast Off
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

KickSaveDave

Message Board Migrant
America's safest and most boring city: Irvine, CA
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
First off, the Post article is nothing more than speculation by Jason Reid. Here is what he actually says:

Dispute over Redskins? Robert Griffin III could lead to showdown between Jay Gruden, Bruce Allen - The Washington Post

Less than a year after a showdown over Robert Griffin III, another appears to be brewing. Jay Gruden’s desire to part ways with the ineffective quarterback may put him at odds with owner Daniel Snyder and President and General Manager Bruce Allen, potentially leaving the Washington Redskins searching for a coach yet again.

Late last week, battle lines were drawn between the coaching staff and senior management at Redskins Park after multiple team employees revealed Gruden is done with Griffin, as much because of the 24-year-old’s spotlight-craving antics as his shortcomings in the pocket. Prompted by the news of Gruden’s position, an unnamed Redskins official told ESPN that Griffin could start again during the team’s final four games, lending credibility to the notion that Gruden’s bosses still are committed to the league’s 2012 offensive rookie of the year.

The dueling anonymous reports brought to mind last season’s he-said-he-said battle in which Snyder and Allen backed Griffin, firing two-time Super Bowl winning coach Mike Shanahan and his talented play-caller son, Kyle.

Although it’s unknown whether Snyder and Allen eventually will agree to trade Griffin, what has become clear from recent conversations with Redskins officials is that Gruden believes he needs a clean break from Griffin to focus on fixing Washington’s 3-9 mess. And if Snyder and Allen commit to Griffin as the starter in 2015, Gruden could be “one and done,” a team official said, alluding to Gruden possibly being fired despite four years remaining on his guaranteed five-year contract.

You all can make of this what you want, but it just seems like Reid trying to read the tea leaves, much more so than an actual statement from inside the organization.

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lets not pretend its out of the realm of possibility gentleman. IF Dan could fire Marty after one year on a four year deal that was fully guaranteed, nothing says Gruden is safe. Never discount the ego factor in things like this. All indications point to Gruden thinking RG3 is a bust, which leaves egg on the faces of Dan and Bruce. And I would not be at all shocked if they sided with Rg3 over yet another coach.

j_y19

ESPN Cast Off
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lets not pretend its out of the realm of possibility gentleman. IF Dan could fire Marty after one year on a four year deal that was fully guaranteed, nothing says Gruden is safe. Never discount the ego factor in things like this. All indications point to Gruden thinking RG3 is a bust, which leaves egg on the faces of Dan and Bruce. And I would not be at all shocked if they sided with Rg3 over yet another coach.

I'm not discounting the possibility, I'm discounting the source. Jason Reid and the WaPo has a history of posting things like this just to stir the pot. Most never come true.

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not discounting the possibility, I'm discounting the source. Jason Reid and the WaPo has a history of posting things like this just to stir the pot. Most never come true.

Actually I came to expect this possibility early on. Obviously not after year one mind you. But I did figure Gruden had to get off to a fast start, and if there was ANY friction between him and Griffin, I actually expect the front office to side with Griffin.

j_y19

ESPN Cast Off
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Actually I came to expect this possibility early on. Obviously not after year one mind you. But I did figure Gruden had to get off to a fast start, and if there was ANY friction between him and Griffin, I actually expect the front office to side with Griffin.

With this circus, nothing would shock me. It wouldn't shock me if Gruden doesn't want out.

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is hilarious. Rg3 = Coach killer. Another fun offseason ahead.

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Gruden does get fired, or leaves.. .there is only one person on the planet that they would consider.

Art Briles come on down, you are the next feature contestant in the Ashburn three ring Circus.

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can't wait for the CSI guys to chime in. Always seems to happen when the reports come from sources that they don't like.

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Gruden does get fired, or leaves.. .there is only one person on the planet that they would consider.

Art Briles come on down, you are the next feature contestant in the Ashburn three ring Circus.

Interesting that Snyder is willing to continue paying out huge sums of money on HC's, yet just can't seem to bring himself to spending much less up-grading his scouting department and hiring a dedicated GM......how utterly sad!

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Interesting that Snyder is willing to continue paying out huge sums of money on HC's, yet just can't seem to bring himself to spending much less up-grading his scouting department and hiring a dedicated GM......how utterly sad!

A real scouting department and a GM that doesnt double as the dummy in a ventriloquist act during the off season might prevent us from being the off season headline grabbers we have been for the past 15 years. And no way can we have that. It took Jerry Jones 15 years to realize he needed to step back and do things the right way. So our only hope is to get lucky, or simply sit back and watch as this train wreck goes nuclear.

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A real scouting department and a GM that doesnt double as the dummy in a ventriloquist act during the off season might prevent us from being the off season headline grabbers we have been for the past 15 years. And no way can we have that. It took Jerry Jones 15 years to realize he needed to step back and do things the right way. So our only hope is to get lucky, or simply sit back and watch as this train wreck goes nuclear.

Shark, those are three horrible choices, a ventriloquist dummy, getting lucky, or a train wreak with activated nuclear materials on board. Thanks for cheering me up, I thought things were merely bad!

Skin'EmAll

Celebrity Troublemaker
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Was Bevell of the Seahawks a candidate for our HC job? In hindsight it appears he would have been great.
Average receivers, relies on run game, read option.
I don't understand why we don't incorporate more pistol, more quick hits, more runs.
A lot of the formations give defenses certain looks, while RGIII can move around and throw instead of standing in the pocket.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
the WP says he is gone espn says he is staying

both suck who do you believe

i will tell you this if you fire gruden now before he gets his team in place no one worth anything will take the job

if you ditch allen the same can be said

nothing will change if you dont have stability

you all hate snyder but you sure do advocate doing things the way he does