• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Red Sox versus Cardinals World Series Thread

SeattleOspreys

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
victorino's slam was a homer in 6 other ballparks

not sure on ortiz

fluke?

even if that ball goes off teh wall, Sox score three and still 4-2

way I look at it, the Sox won a series they barely hit in and they have the best offense in baseball and home field advantage..........and they have a little magic this year

tougher opponent in the Cards, top to bottom........but they won three games started by Scherzer and Verlander, probably the best 1-2 punch in the bigs this year

Sox in 6

I call it a fluke when a guy does something he's done once in his career. I'm not sure what you call a 10hr a season guy hitting a G.S. in the 6th game of the ALCS of which he's done once in his career then? Is "fluke" a bit harsh? That's the adjective I attach to that feat.

If you want to play the even / what if game. Iglesias turns that DP, then Victorino doesn't even get to the plate which has been my whole point. You capitalized on poor Detroit decisions, defensive blunders, a poor bullpen and bad baserunning.

You aren't going to be so fortunate to capitalize on those facets. That's not STL baseball nor is it BoSox baseball. Both teams will make the other squad beat them as there are no freebies in this series.

STL also won 3 games vs the 2009 and 2011 Cy Young award winners in Greinke and Kershaw, respectively.

It's a classic matchup. Don't get offended by the smack talk, it's all part of the convo. If STL stumbles, I will be the first guy to congratulate you in humility ( unless Don Denkinger appears). We're all fanatics here but at the end of the day, it's entertainment and we've both won 2 W.S. in the past 10 years.

We should be grateful. Imagine the generation of BoSox fans that never saw a World Series Championship and you've all experienced 2.

HammerDown

Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Have the Padres been eliminated from the playoffs next year yet?

Worrld, you gotta get some new material, man. You're about as funny as Kramer in a standup routine about slavery.

SeattleOspreys

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"You hit that buttfucking motherfucking cocksucking fucking cocksucker Bevacqua if it's the last thing you do." - Lasorda

"I mean, I'll try Tommy but how many chances do I get?" - Peavy

What's with the hatred of STL ball? Still mad we stole Ozzie Smith from ya'll? Or just
frustrated with SD baseball as a whole?

Don't use the "it's fans like (me), excuse." I at least gave Verner big props on the Hawk
board and you still whined all game that he didn't get any respect. He's pro-bowl bound.

HammerDown

Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What's with the hatred of STL ball? Still mad we stole Ozzie Smith from ya'll? Or just
frustrated with SD baseball as a whole?

Don't use the "it's fans like (me), excuse." I at least gave Verner big props on the Hawk
board and you still whined all game that he didn't get any respect. He's pro-bowl bound.

You said "yall." Sorry I'm not reading past that.

As for the Verner comment, stop making shit up.

HammerDown

Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Some guy on an internet message board isn't a fan of every team and player of every sport and Osprey panics and starts screaming about "hatred." Puhlease.

cerealboi

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,620.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Shit. Has Beltran always had that mole? He should get that checked out. Preferably before tomorrow night.

HammerDown

Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Shit. Has Beltran always had that mole? He should get that checked out. Preferably before tomorrow night.

"Why do you hate the Cards so much?" - Osprey

To answer your question, you'll have to ask Tony Gallea or federal investigators. They have an open file on Beltran for PEDs...

"Beltran? First-ballot HOFer!" - Osprey

SeattleOspreys

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You said "yall." Sorry I'm not reading past that.

As for the Verner comment, stop making shit up.

:wtf2: Both were true. 1. I complimented Verner from jumpstreet. I can prove that.
2. You were a whiny bitch, which I can also prove.

You don't think it's simple to go pull the Hawk/Titan thread. stfu

SeattleOspreys

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Some guy on an internet message board isn't a fan of every team and player of every sport and Osprey panics and starts screaming about "hatred." Puhlease.

Hyperbole much? Not Hammer but Hyperboledown.

I asked a simple question and you get all offended and act like a punk?

I don't care that you don't like STL. I asked why? :omg:

HammerDown

Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Only thing I said negative was I disliked Munchak as our head coach.

Don't call me a punk again.

cerealboi

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,620.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Only thing I said negative was I disliked Munchak as our head coach.

Don't call me a punk again.

:laugh3: Well now he basically has to call you a punk.

$500 Million

Elitist Douche
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
attachment.php

rokketmn

The Maven
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I call it a fluke when a guy does something he's done once in his career. I'm not sure what you call a 10hr a season guy hitting a G.S. in the 6th game of the ALCS of which he's done once in his career then? Is "fluke" a bit harsh? That's the adjective I attach to that feat.

If you want to play the even / what if game. Iglesias turns that DP, then Victorino doesn't even get to the plate which has been my whole point. You capitalized on poor Detroit decisions, defensive blunders, a poor bullpen and bad baserunning.

You aren't going to be so fortunate to capitalize on those facets. That's not STL baseball nor is it BoSox baseball. Both teams will make the other squad beat them as there are no freebies in this series.

STL also won 3 games vs the 2009 and 2011 Cy Young award winners in Greinke and Kershaw, respectively.

It's a classic matchup. Don't get offended by the smack talk, it's all part of the convo. If STL stumbles, I will be the first guy to congratulate you in humility ( unless Don Denkinger appears). We're all fanatics here but at the end of the day, it's entertainment and we've both won 2 W.S. in the past 10 years.

We should be grateful. Imagine the generation of BoSox fans that never saw a World Series Championship and you've all experienced 2.

"I'm your huckleberry"

Let's start with Victorono. His career numbers with the bases loaded in the post-season is 4 for 6 with 16 RBI. That is 16 of a possible 24 runs driven in with the bags juiced with only 4 hits. Mighty impressive, so not a fluke. Next...

I guess by your standards, what David Freese did in Game 6 of the 2011 WS was a fluke. Next...

I guess the Cardinals didn't benefit by having Kemp out, and Hanley and Ethier playing hurt. Next...

The Sox worked up high pitch counts on the Tiger staff. If you don't think that was strategy, then you know less than I already think you do. Next...

You are obviously still smarting over the ass-whooping in 2004. Get over it. Next...

Wacha hasn't faced a lineup that will make him work, or pitched in an environment like Fenway in the World Series. I'm betting he shits his pants. Next...

Capitalizing on mistakes is what makes a good team. Not many can do it as consistently.

"Here endeth the lesson"

SeattleOspreys

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"I'm your huckleberry"

Let's start with Victorono. His career numbers with the bases loaded in the post-season is 4 for 6 with 16 RBI. That is 16 of a possible 24 runs driven in with the bags juiced with only 4 hits. Mighty impressive, so not a fluke. Next...

I guess by your standards, what David Freese did in Game 6 of the 2011 WS was a fluke. Next...

I guess the Cardinals didn't benefit by having Kemp out, and Hanley and Ethier playing hurt. Next...

The Sox worked up high pitch counts on the Tiger staff. If you don't think that was strategy, then you know less than I already think you do. Next...

You are obviously still smarting over the ass-whooping in 2004. Get over it. Next...

Wacha hasn't faced a lineup that will make him work, or pitched in an environment like Fenway in the World Series. I'm betting he shits his pants. Next...

Capitalizing on mistakes is what makes a good team. Not many can do it as consistently.

"Here endeth the lesson"

:laugh3: C'mon, let's take a 6 bat sample size? Clown!

Yes, what Freese did was flukey. He did do that the whole
NLCS vs Breecrew as MVP. He was also MVP
of the W.S. and extends beyond that 1 game. Learn
and know thy enemy.

I fully understand your strategy and have mentioned it, so
try to follow along. Yes, take a lot of pitches searching
for walks and to get the starters out. Duh! Then you took
advantage of an average Tiger pen. Our pen is
young and tough.

How many times do I need to tell you that you won't
benefit from lousy Leyland moves, shoddy D, poor
baserunning and crap late game bullpen.

You will try that strategy and it won't work. You capitalized
on an undisciplined team.

I don't care about 2004. Is that a joke? :laugh3:
STL is the 2nd best historical franchise ever.

Your Bosox were an 86 year JOKE! :laugh3:
You were in Cub conversations. :laugh3:

Congrats you won 2 WS titles.:yahoo:

BoSox fans are so delusional.

Brahmsian

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When Tom Yawkey owned the team and overestimated the value of power hitting and underestimated
other parts of the game they were a bit of a joke in some people's minds, but Yawkey's been dead for
roughly a decade now and the current management does not make the mistakes Yawkey made so often.

That is largely why they won it all twice in 4 years and could very well make it 3 times in 9 this year.

Win or lose this WS they no longer even remotely resemble a joke!

rokketmn

The Maven
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:laugh3: C'mon, let's take a 6 bat sample size? Clown!

Yes, what Freese did was flukey. He did do that the whole
NLCS vs Breecrew as MVP. He was also MVP
of the W.S. and extends beyond that 1 game. Learn
and know thy enemy.

I fully understand your strategy and have mentioned it, so
try to follow along. Yes, take a lot of pitches searching
for walks and to get the starters out. Duh! Then you took
advantage of an average Tiger pen. Our pen is
young and tough.

How many times do I need to tell you that you won't
benefit from lousy Leyland moves, shoddy D, poor
baserunning and crap late game bullpen.

You will try that strategy and it won't work. You capitalized
on an undisciplined team.

I don't care about 2004. Is that a joke? :laugh3:
STL is the 2nd best historical franchise ever.

Your Bosox were an 86 year JOKE! :laugh3:
You were in Cub conversations. :laugh3:

Congrats you won 2 WS titles.:yahoo:

BoSox fans are so delusional.

Yes, 6 AB's is a good sample size. Players don't get too many chances to bat with the bases loaded in post-season play, so 6 AB's with the bases loaded is a large sample size. It also doesn't matter how many HR's Victorino hits during the season. He has shown that he is capable of doing it. It's not like he's Juam Pierre. He hit 15hr's this season and has hit as many as 18 in a season. Does that make him more or less dangerous?

Allen Craig hit 13 hr's this season. I wouldn't call it out of the ordinary if he hit a Hr during the playoffs.

You keep saying this "know thy enemy" junk. You are the clown. I fully know and understand the Cardinals. They are a team that lacks speed, defense in both the infield and outfield, and for the most part...power. They have gotten by with excellent pitching.

My point is that they haven't faced a lineup that will make them work at bat to at bat for an entire game. The Braves and the Dodgers lineups you faced don't come close to the Sox lineup. The Sox, though, are very familiar facing good pitching.

You also talk about Leyland's mistakes, the Tiger bullpen, and baserunning. The Tigers out forth some of the best starters in baseball and we still beat them. You talk about bullpen, but when we beat Verlander, it was a 1-0 game and Napoli hit the HR off Verlander. When we beat Sanchez the second time, it was all against Sanchez. Scherzer was done in Game 6, and the ball Victorino hit out was off of a good pitch against a pitcher that was destroying us with his curveball in Veras. Game 2 was the only real bullpen implosion.

The point there is that the Sox hitters made adjustments throughout the series. That is what a team of professional hitters does.

I think you should do a little more studying on these Sox before you waste our time with ridiculous rants.

rokketmn

The Maven
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just read that Buchholz may be dealing with some sort of physical issue. Uh Oh. But maybe not so much. It wouldn't be the worst thing to throw another lefty at the Cardinals, especially in St. Loo if Craig cannot play 1B. Doubront would be that lefty.

Risky? Yes. But if Buchy can't go, it could be our only choice. Maybe Buchy can pitch out of the pen. He has looked excellent for 4 or 5 innings at a time, so to get him in a game started by Doubront could actually benefit us.