• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Red Sox versus Cardinals World Series Thread

rokketmn

The Maven
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Sox finish off the Tigers in dramatic fashion and the Cardinals finish the Dodgers in a blowout.

Some will say the Sox are in trouble as the Cards will have Wainwright in Game 1 and Wacha in Game 2, but can it really get any harder for the Sox?

They won 4 games from the Tigers by winning 2 games started by the probable 2013 Cy Young winner (Scherzer), 1 game versus the 2011 Cy Young winner (Verlander), and 1 game versus the 2013 AL ERA leader (Sanchez).

They were shut out and held hitless for large portions of the series, but still found ways to win 4 games.

This Red Sox team is very reminiscent of the 2004 team because of their never say die attitude and ability to come back.

BigDDude

I live again
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So, it is going to be this bad of a slow day here.

Good, that way, there are that fewer people here to read my mea culpa to the Cardinals, and, especially Michael Wacha. I am guilty of underestimating both, and will pay a price for it at least for the entirity of the offseason.

At least I will not make this same mistake when it comes to next years fantasy draft.......

BigDDude

I live again
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Looks like it might be still a few more lean years for the Cubs.

According to Bob Nightengale of USA Today, support is rapidly growing for Rick Renteria to emerge as the next manager of the Cubs.

Renteria is now believed to be the clear cut favorite to win the job. A.J. Hinch, Manny Acta and Dave Martinez have also interviewed for the position already, and the Cubs have also expressed interest in speaking to Sandy Alomar Jr. and Torey Lovullo.

BigDDude

I live again
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As HBT’s resident degenerate I feel it’s my duty to pass along the gambling odds for the World Series.
Boston is a -140 favorite, which means you’d have to risk $140 to win $100 on the Red Sox becoming champions. On the flip side, St. Louis is a +120 underdog, which means risking $100 would win you $120 if the Cardinals win the title.
In terms of break-even win rates, those lines equal 58 percent for the Red Sox and 46 percent for the Cardinals. So, while not quite a coin flip, it’s pretty damn close.

bravesfan

simpobissible=making the simple into impossible
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's gonna be a good series, I like the way both clubs are playing ball right now.

Boston in 7

rokketmn

The Maven
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like our chances for the reasons mentioned in my opening post. My thought is the Sox can't possibly face better pitching than they already have, even though Wainwright and Wacha are excellent.

I think (hope) the Sox patient approach can lift the pitch counts of the Cardinal pitchers earlier than they have been used to. The flip side is the amount of K's the Sox had in the ALCS. They need to make more consistent contact with men on base and/or in scoring position.

I know Bogaerts needs to be in the lineup, so again it is the question of who sits between Middlebrooks and Drew. I think Drew needs a breather, but I can understand if Farrell wants the D at SS and hope that Drew breaks out of his Fielder (new word for horrific slump).

I will not be on much today as I am playing Mr. Mom today and have to get my daughter ready to go to school as well as some errands.

bravesfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like our chances for the reasons mentioned in my opening post. My thought is the Sox can't possibly face better pitching than they already have, even though Wainwright and Wacha are excellent.

I think (hope) the Sox patient approach can lift the pitch counts of the Cardinal pitchers earlier than they have been used to. The flip side is the amount of K's the Sox had in the ALCS. They need to make more consistent contact with men on base and/or in scoring position.

I know Bogaerts needs to be in the lineup, so again it is the question of who sits between Middlebrooks and Drew. I think Drew needs a breather, but I can understand if Farrell wants the D at SS and hope that Drew breaks out of his Fielder (new word for horrific slump).

I will not be on much today as I am playing Mr. Mom today and have to get my daughter ready to go to school as well as some errands.

Atleast you're not calling it a McCann, he went 0-16 in the Dodgers series

BigDDude

I live again
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

While having no rooting interest here, I think I will give the early advantage to the Cardinals. They have done what they have done so far in these playoffs without their most clutch hitter, Allen Craig. And, they are getting at least his bat back to D.H in the games in Boston.

I hope and look for good games, guessing we will have more pitchers duels than blowouts & offensive explosions.

BigDDude

I live again
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Atleast you're not calling it a McCann, he went 0-16 in the Dodgers series

NOT the best foot to get off on when you are trying to shatter the contract record for catchers.....

bravesfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hey BigD, have you heard anything about those stupid trade rumors between Atlanta and LA? I think a Yahoo writer wrote something along the lines of LA trading Kemp to Atlanta for BJ Upton as part of a salary dump.

BigDDude

I live again
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hey BigD, have you heard anything about those stupid trade rumors between Atlanta and LA? I think a Yahoo writer wrote something along the lines of LA trading Kemp to Atlanta for BJ Upton as part of a salary dump.

I have not heard that one yet. The closest I have heard recently is the Reds & Braves discussing trading 2nd basemen. And, I don't understand that, from the Reds perspective.

bravesfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
NOT the best foot to get off on when you are trying to shatter the contract record for catchers.....

I seriously doubt any team in the NL will sign him, he'll definitely transition to a DH role in the next few years

bravesfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have not heard that one yet. The closest I have heard recently is the Reds & Braves discussing trading 2nd basemen. And, I don't understand that, from the Reds perspective.

The braves would have to drug the other team's GM to trade them Uggla

BigDDude

I live again
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The braves would have to drug the other team's GM to trade them Uggla

And I had high hopes for Uggla recently. I thought that once he had lasik, that his number would improve. So far, that does not seem to be the case. As such, what an odd, seemingly short career, with a bell curve of accomplishments.

BigDDude

I live again
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Talk about some serious team disfunction -

SEATTLE -- The wife of Seattle Mariners outfielder Carlos Peguero has been accused of making $180,000 in unauthorized purchases with a debit card belonging to another person in the Mariners organization, federal court documents showed.
Citing an anonymous source familiar with the investigation, The Seattle Times reported Saturday that the unnamed victims described in court documents are star pitcher Felix Hernandez and his wife. A spokeswoman for the U.S. attorney's office declined to comment beyond what was available in court filings, and a team spokesman did not return a call seeking comment.
Maria Jacqueline Peguero was charged earlier this month with three counts of wire fraud, according to the federal court documents. An agent with the U.S. Secret Service says in the court filings that Peguero made 60 unauthorized purchases in 2012 from the upscale retailer Saks Fifth Avenue.
Maria Jacqueline Peguero, 22, was arrested in the case but is now free on bond. Her court-appointed attorney did not return a call seeking comment Saturday.
The court documents do not identify the two people who owned the debit card in the case but the filings say one of them is a co-worker of Carlos Peguero. Peguero has been with the Mariners organization for several years, playing some games with the Seattle club but spending most of this past year with the team's Triple-A affiliate in Tacoma.
One of the debit card owners -- Hernandez's wife, according to The Seattle Times -- has a limited understanding of the English language and described to investigators that Maria Jacqueline Peguero had helped her to make online purchases in May 2012. She also told authorities that Peguero had asked whether she reviewed any of her bills, and she had responded that she did not usually review bills because the finances of the two victims were managed by a third party.
Authorities say Peguero had items shipped to her own apartment in Fife. Representatives from Saks first began scrutinizing the purchases because the billing addresses and shipping addresses did not match, according to court records.
Carlos Peguero is not charged in the case and told authorities that his wife had told him that her brother worked for Saks.
Part of the investigation focused on images that Maria Jacqueline Peguero had posted on her Twitter account. Investigators said the images showed her wearing clothes that matched items purchased online from Saks, including a leather purse that costs $1,750 and a blouse that costs $208.

bravesfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And I had high hopes for Uggla recently. I thought that once he had lasik, that his number would improve. So far, that does not seem to be the case. As such, what an odd, seemingly short career, with a bell curve of accomplishments.

He 33 and doesn't have much left, realistically i was expecting a drop off in performance....just not this bad

obxyankeefan

Hoopla Cash
$ 63,137.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Proof that chivilry is dead in Boston

A tiger fan came to her defense only to be called racist names. The Boston fan was arrested. There was an article in the local papers about it.
Jim Leyland has announced he is resigning as the tigers manager.

Lets go Cards.

Brocktagon

the handsome super genius
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
how bout dem seminoles!?!

no2 is an insult, they should be ranked 1 after that ass kicking to clemson.