• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Red Sox, still in first, let Blue Jays win: Tim Tebow to the Beef?

BUCCS469

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #3
I've been saying this for a while, as well. They need to get it over with...Jason Collins style.

since rock is from boston and there is such an irish presence there....i say we start calling him cocks o' plenty

Ron Burgundy

I look good...
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
man i hate agreeing with uno too....

but yeah rock its like a middleschool love crush...passing notes and such..

FUCK ALREADY!!!!!!!!!

It's funny... When I was in Basic Training and two guys were relentlessly bitching at each other, we used to say "Shut up or fight..."

You just reminded me of that..

chappee11

Esteemed Colleague
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
edwin jackson threw a no hitter....bud smith too...talk away random fuckmouths have been known to do it

Yes....randoms can/do throw no-hitters. I just said they need to be through 6IP before we should pay attention.

Ron Burgundy

I look good...
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
you REALLY wanna do this to yourself?

if ox wants to chime in, he can...i wont ask...he can rehash the phone call we had over it

I knew he was in on it from the get-go...

The fact that you instantly brought him up today when it came up... Yeah..

:lol:

BUCCS469

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #3
Yes....randoms can/do throw no-hitters. I just said they need to be through 6IP before we should pay attention.

im not gonna either way...this is far too riveting

Down38st8

Resident Libertarian
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Name a player who is still currently in one of those mentioned leagues that has come out...just one

Jason Collins doesn't apply either....not unless he's offered, and accepts a contract...by waiting until after the season ended, he's avoiding what most believe is the toughest obstacle...fitting into a professional locker room...

if he were a "star" with someone on the line? It would be a very brave and courageous act...for him? Now? It stinks of opportunism to me....

If there is no risk, and much to gain, there is very little to applaud....

Village Plumber

Consider it circumcised
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Scott Diamond > your college's only even remotely noteworthy professional athlete

black francis

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wednesday, April 24: at Tampa Bay Rays

I don't want to dwell on the game. It is what it is. Or was what it was. It didn't go our way. I wasn't there. That's not an excuse — I still take full responsibility. It's the Captain's job to be there for his team, and even when he can't be there physically, it's his job to provide leadership and inspiration remotely. All you can do is individually text every guy on the roster with words of encouragement, or words of mysterious depth, or words of subtle intimidation. You have to know what motivates each player and press his particular buttons. There's an art to it you learn over time. Not everybody's a positive reinforcement guy. Some guys like the fist bump, the friendly tap on the top of the helmet. But some guys you've got to reach other ways, like showing them a photo of an empty locker in the Scranton clubhouse with their name on it, or by refusing to talk to them for an entire month because they missed a cutoff man. One time somebody woke up bound and gagged inside an equipment bag on the Grand Concourse sidewalk. No idea how that happened. As Captain you can't officially endorse that kind of thing. But you also can't help but notice he ran out his routine grounders for the rest of the season and never made much eye contact with you after that incident you definitely had nothing to do with.
I'll finally be back with the team up in New York tomorrow. There's a big press conference for me so I can update everyone on my status. You never want to come off too rehearsed at those things, but that doesn't mean you shouldn't spend an hour or so taking dry swings in your media cage, just to make sure you're ready for anything they throw at you. You'd hate to accidentally say something you hadn't already practiced in the simulation enough times to get it to that perfect sweet spot of respectful yet mildly dismissive. You've got to put the work in, just like with anything else.
Can't wait to sit in the dugout with the guys, even if I'm not playing. It's been way too long.

Rock Strongo

My mind spits with an enormous kickback.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I knew he was in on it from the get-go...

The fact that you instantly brought him up today when it came up... Yeah..

:lol:

wwwwhat?

ox, you remember when you called me at work and told me about snoogins PMing you with "williams grad" with my dating profile?

i wojt ask you to get into this, but if you want to chime in, please do

hes still saying i made the ID and messaged you with it

black francis

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Unbelievable that you're still trying to keep up this charade.

HOW THE FUCK DO YOU KNOW THAT HE'S REPLYING TO OLD POSTS, OR "MPLing" IF YOU'RE NOT READING THE GAHDAM POSTS, YOU BLITHERING FUCKTARD!?!?!?!?!

:gaah::mad2::yell::frusty:

"I really like your neighborhood. That magic shop is awesome."

Uno

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jason Collins doesn't apply either....not unless he's offered, and accepts a contract...by waiting until after the season ended, he's avoiding what most believe is the toughest obstacle...fitting into a professional locker room...

if he were a "star" with someone on the line? It would be a very brave and courageous act...for him? Now? It stinks of opportunism to me....

So that's a "no" you can't name a single player as close to being in a league when they came out as collins...thank you for your bigotted deflection

BUCCS469

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #3
Scott Diamond > your college's only even remotely noteworthy professional athlete

what about my high school

sterling hitchock..

mike peterson played for the jags

terrance dupree bounced around the nfl a bit..

theres more too...and thats one hick ass school in seffner.

black francis

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The press showed up. A part of you always hopes they'll forget and you can just go straight to the game, but they never do. They're pretty organized; you have to tip your cap to how well they do the showing-up aspect of their jobs.
So I told them I'll be back on the field soon.
I told them that even though I'm laughing and smiling now that I'm up here with the guys, I'm still frustrated because I can't play. I did not disclose how therapeutic ceramic work was helping me deal with that frustration, because it's none of their business, quite frankly.
I told them that I have no doubt I'll come back as the same player I've always been, even though I'll probably be 39 when I get back. You can't have any doubt about yourself. That's when you're in trouble. If you can lead the league in hits at 38 years old, you can do it at 39. Age is just a distracting number that makes your future unbelievable accomplishments look even more impressive.
I told them that I can't make my ankle magically heal any more quickly than it's already taking, even though I've looked into a variety of nontraditional and occult medical solutions. I'll be back when it's ready, and not a minute earlier. Trust me, if I could shave a week off my recovery time by eating a flaming eagle's heart every day, I'd do it. It's not on the league's banned substance list. But the studies on that course of treatment are iffy at best and it's not worth the risk of another setback that might come with contracting some kind of rare eagle cardiac flu.
I also told them I don't have the MLB television package at home in Tampa. They were amazed. I mean, I don't have the consumer package available to any fan. When you've spent seven figures constructing a state-of-the-art holographic replay stadium in your compound, you're not ordering up Extra Innings on cable. Let them report what they want. It's a competitive advantage if everyone thinks I'm not watching every game in three high-definition dimensions. You give me that edge and I'm going to take it.

Rock Strongo

My mind spits with an enormous kickback.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You we're William's Grad. Just like Uno cheated on that bet. Whatever.

by "you" you mean snoogins, correct?

and you called me to tel me about the messages he was sending you, right?

in his crazy world he says you know it was me

CowboyB

#1 Ignored
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not close. At all. This song didn't NEED a cover in the first place. Especially by a no-talent faux-rocker like Aaron Lewis.

Lewis' use of tempo fluctuations kills the Pearl Jam version alone.

The best Dave song needs to be this venue.

[YOUTUBE]KtaIh-btbJU[/YOUTUBE]

chappee11

Esteemed Colleague
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

This is a good point. Collins knows he sucks at basketball. But he just did more for his career after hoops than he ever would have realized by staying in the closet.

obxyankeefan

Hoopla Cash
$ 63,137.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Watching the game and noticed he had one going in the fifth, was wondering when most people would start thinking about it.

Down38st8

Resident Libertarian
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agreed that it's excellent... He also totally murders Tool's "Sober" on the same album...

Sang it better than Maynard does... That's not easy to do.

Aaron Lewis, on stage..alone with an accoustic...is audible pr0n.....

I can do without Staind behind him...they offer very little IMO...incredible voice...usually crushes everything he chooses to cover..

Mike Oxlodge

I'm better looking than U
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah Rock, when you threatened him with I know where you live, he responded with the Williams Grad ID, "I'm not afraid of you" followed by posts with Snoogins like rants.

LOL