• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Series Thread: Red Sox invade new rotation Rangers 6/24-6/26

donaldson79

former loyal Hoopilist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The 4 run lead overuse is really frustrating. 3 runs? Fine. It's a save situation. I get it. 4 runs is just excessive.

Absolutely correct. And Banister admits to this transgression; at least sort of.

He said the other day about how he/we have got to cut down on the "Dyson usage."

DT LUNA

Vietnam Veteran
Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wasn't Griffin schedule to start tonight already?

If Gonzalez came up, did Ramos or Martinez go down?
Yes on Griffin. He was in the dugout last night . No idea on Ramos and Marty but would have to think we need them both.

Kelleyman

Rebuild done....It all starts with pitching
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I really don't put it on Banny. I put it on the two pitchers that combined for 4 runs allows. I would assess that blame at 70/30. Bush gave them a fucking run with the WP...dude what was that?

This is on Banny. Batting Prince 5 in lineup and has come to bite twice with bases loaded. That my sir is on Banny. Ok play him but a little lower please and while you are at it, please let Profar in the lineup a bit more frequently

Kelleyman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dyson couldn't pitch tonight because he needed rest. And why did he need rest? Because Banny has burned him up using him in multiple non-save situations and 3-run leads. All of those games where we all collectively said "NOT Dyson, Banny" and he put him in anyway have all added up and now have come home to roost.

It's just one loss, albeit a bad one. But they're either going to have to trade for a competent reliever or two or Banny is going to have to learn how to manage his bullpen better (or preferably both).

Well can't have it both ways. It was a non save and was not inserted. Hard to argue with sitting Duson last night

DT LUNA

Vietnam Veteran
Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is on Banny. Batting Prince 5 in lineup and has come to bite twice with bases loaded. That my sir is on Banny. Ok play him but a little lower please and while you are at it, please let Profar in the lineup a bit more frequently
Trade Mitch and Profar is available as DH and UIF for duration of season. Not ideal of course I know but it will get him in the lineup more. Drawback is it limits calling up someone else like Gallo or Brinson. Trading Elvis now won't happen and shouldn't.

Kelleyman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wasn't Griffin schedule to start tonight already?

If Gonzalez came up, did Ramos or Martinez go down?

Griffen was on 40 just a 15 day DL. So just took Colby off 25 man and Put him on 15 day DL

Kelleyman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Trade Mitch and Profar is available as DH and UIF for duration of season. Not ideal of course I know but it will get him in the lineup more. Drawback is it limits calling up someone else like Gallo or Brinson.

Well it is a tough situation as Mitch is best 1B in system and we could use him. Unfortunately best move is just to sit Prince more and let Profar DH and sub SS and 2B at times. A lot of $ invested. Have to answer to bosses. Things likely to change after break. They is my hope.

DT LUNA

Vietnam Veteran
Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well it is a tough situation as Mitch is best 1B in system and we could use him. Unfortunately best move is just to sit Prince more and let Profar DH and sub SS and 2B at times. A lot of $ invested. Have to answer to bosses. Things likely to change after break. They is my hope.
That works too. Trading MM after break might bring back pitching relief and he will be gone next year anyway but sitting Prince is a good idea.

donaldson79

former loyal Hoopilist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Haven't and don't like the idea of Profar getting his ML "playing time" at DH. He needs to be playing defensive, and let's not rule out some games at 3rd. Granted, he looked rough there some, but-then-again, when you've not done something for very long, excellence isn't in the cards is it?

Really like this young man's abilities, and obvious appreciation/respect from his peers. Team really seems to enjoy having him around. Seems almost lie a rallying point type personality.

Nightcrawler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not expecting AJ to be like he was earlier in the season tonight, I just hope he has a good outing and doesn't get hurt. We need him big time right now.

Nightcrawler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Rooster didn't learn anything.... The line up blows tonight. Refer to who is hitting 5th and..... No profar.

Duane1952

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rooster didn't learn anything.... The line up blows tonight. Refer to who is hitting 5th and..... No profar.
I think Banny is a lot like Wash. He going to play the veteran regardless how bad he is. Prince has sat less than any starter this year.

DT LUNA

Vietnam Veteran
Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Probably has everything to do with Prince and Bannister has tied hands

Duane1952

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just don't see how Banny can justify batting Prince 5th. Profar had two hits and is hitting 352. What has he have to do to get into the starting lineup at either first or DH.

Bmurph

F the Houston Astros
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just don't see how Banny can justify batting Prince 5th. Profar had two hits and is hitting 352. What has he have to do to get into the starting lineup at either first or DH.

If he hasn't earned more playing time for what he's doing now, my guess is his only hope is if there is an injury? Sure don't want it to play out that way but I don't know why he can't get on the field more and others sit more. He's a switch hitter as well, so there's that in his favor as well :scratch:

DT LUNA

Vietnam Veteran
Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If he hasn't earned more playing time for what he's doing now, my guess is his only hope is if there is an injury? Sure don't want it to play out that way but I don't know why he can't get on the field more and others sit more. He's a switch hitter as well, so there's that in his favor as well :scratch:
I've come to believe the problem is FO and not so much with Banister. He has been around a long time and just makes no sense to not put the best lineup on the field. I hope I'm right.