• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Series Thread: Red Sox invade new rotation Rangers 6/24-6/26

Duane1952

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bullpen and Prince hitting into a bases loaded DP killed us.

RevSader

In Beltre we trust.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Breaking News: Jeff Banister let the Rangers quit tonight.

TheRangerDude

(Dude/Dudeim)
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That got ugly. I put it on Banny, you got to play to win and put your closer out there. Doesn't help Diekman didn't do his job and we left a bunch of runs on the bases. Not really worried though. Just don't let it carry over to tomorrow and we will be fine.

RevSader

In Beltre we trust.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That got ugly. I put it on Banny, you got tonplay to win and put your closer out there. Doesn't help Diekman didn't do his job and we left a bunch of runs on the bases. Not really worried though. Just don't let it carry over to tomorrow and we will be fine.
I really don't put it on Banny. I put it on the two pitchers that combined for 4 runs allows. I would assess that blame at 70/30. Bush gave them a fucking run with the WP...dude what was that?

TheRangerDude

(Dude/Dudeim)
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well worm had to turn at some point. Looks like we are there. Good news is we won 24 out of 30 before this because I think things are about to get really rough for the Rangers. This is one of those back breaking, streak starting losses. Have to weather the storm now.
tumblr_m59pxeDf4r1qay0tlo2_500.gif

TheRangerDude

(Dude/Dudeim)
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I really don't put it on Banny. I put it on the two pitchers that combined for 4 runs allows. I would assess that blame at 70/30. Bush gave them a fucking run with the WP...dude what was that?

I get you but I don't think you put a rookie in that spot against that lineup. Either way... better forget this one fast.

navamind

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rangers should have scored more than they did vs. Price. Only 6 runs on 12 hits in 2+ innings? It's hard to blame an offense for scoring 7 runs in a game, but they definitely had some wasted opportunities (the same thing happened to the Red Sox Wednesday and Thursday).

this is the best regular season the Sox have had in a while. Probably since Mothers Day 2007. I can't believe it.

edit: They had a pretty good comeback against the Mariners in 2013. Entered the bottom of the 9th down 7-2 and won 8-7.

PhantomWarrior

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bound to happen wearing out the top three relievers. Probably best to give as many days off as they can to Diekman and Dyson. Send Bush down for a rest to RR. After that fiasco have to think strategically and save the pen.

If Prince is in the lineup tomorrow then there is no help for Banny other than JD not giving him options. Saw Prince in the dugout. Seriously fellas he does not look good. There's something more than he stinks.

Save the pen Banister take a risk on Luke and Tolley. Send Bush to RR and call up any fresh arm.

Bmurph

F the Houston Astros
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
gotta pitch better, and have to have quality AB's when it counts. AB striking out w the bases loaded on ball 4 is unacceptable. Who knows how that inning and the game ends up if he walks in a run there

jaar01

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
M
Calling Matt Bush a rookie is nothing but semantics.
Aint that the truth. Matt Bush pitched about as poorly as Ive seen any Ranger pitcher this year and being a rookie had nothing to do with it. Sometimes pitchers just suck. Tonight Bush sucked. And it cost The Rangers a game they had no business losing.

PhantomWarrior

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
gotta pitch better, and have to have quality AB's when it counts. AB striking out w the bases loaded on ball 4 is unacceptable. Who knows how that inning and the game ends up if he walks in a run there

You are correct. We should have put up 10 or more.

The pen is spent. At least the guys who got us where we are. With Colby and Holland out the pen will be called on even more. There's huge risk in losing our good arms. Banister really needs to think this one through if JD does not get pen help soon.

Bmurph

F the Houston Astros
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You are correct. We should have put up 10 or more.

The pen is spent. At least the guys who got us where we are. With Colby and Holland out the pen will be called on even more. There's huge risk in losing our good arms. Banister really needs to think this one through if JD does not get pen help soon.

Gonna have to get BP and SP pitching help it appears, just don't see all these starters coming back in time to keep us holding this division lead and not taxing the BP even more. That said the offense while scoring early didnt help closing this game out. Arms are gonna wear down quick. Price should have definitely taken the loss in this one and we handed it back to them

PhantomWarrior

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My buddy just sent me this:

Rua's, Profars and Wilsons stats together which for total ABs are pretty close to Fielders. The 3 headed DH stats would be 15 HR, 41RBIs .292 BA and about $3-4M in salary versus Prince at 5 HR, 36 RBIs .205 BA and $24M in salary.

Kelleyman

Rebuild done....It all starts with pitching
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Gonna have to wash this one off. Can't have it both ways re Dyson. If you use him too much you burn him com end of year. Saw that with Ogando Pen did not get it done despite missed opportunities. You don't walk the lead off guy though. Have to make them earn it. Bad omen though that long at bat.

So let's get the game tomorrow. And get out SP together as well as pen. Injuries can freak a fanbase out IMO

PhantomWarrior

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Gonna have to get BP and SP pitching help it appears, just don't see all these starters coming back in time to keep us holding this division lead and not taxing the BP even more. That said the offense while scoring early didnt help closing this game out. Arms are gonna wear down quick. Price should have definitely taken the loss in this one and we handed it back to them

Kind of reminds me of 2012 and 2013 seasons where JD expected starters to come back. Difference is we have a huge lead right now and our bats minus Fielder are producing.

It will be interesting to see how the FO responds to this melt down. We were all worried about Nick and true he did no favors walking those batters and giving up the bombs but he did keep the team in the game. Frankly a better outing than Holland had last start.

Hope AJ picks up where he left off. Gut says he will have trouble with the top of the order tomorrow.

Perez better get his head out of his behind too or Sunday could be a long day.

We burned Barnette, Diek and Bush for at least a day maybe more. It's up to Luke, Ramos and Tolley tomorrow.

Bmurph

F the Houston Astros
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My buddy just sent me this:

Rua's, Profars and Wilsons stats together which for total ABs are pretty close to Fielders. The 3 headed DH stats would be 15 HR, 41RBIs .292 BA and about $3-4M in salary versus Prince at 5 HR, 36 RBIs .205 BA and $24M in salary.

Who will have enough balls to make the call?

Bmurph

F the Houston Astros
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kind of reminds me of 2012 and 2013 seasons where JD expected starters to come back. Difference is we have a huge lead right now and our bats minus Fielder are producing.

It will be interesting to see how the FO responds to this melt down. We were all worried about Nick and true he did no favors walking those batters and giving up the bombs but he did keep the team in the game. Frankly a better outing than Holland had last start.

Hope AJ picks up where he left off. Gut says he will have trouble with the top of the order tomorrow.

Perez better get his head out of his behind too or Sunday could be a long day.

We burned Barnette, Diek and Bush for at least a day maybe more. It's up to Luke, Ramos and Tolley tomorrow.

Depending on whether or not we can hit Wright, the pen may not come into play for long. May see Lujack, Claudio or Ramos for multiple innings

jaar01

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well someone in the FO better grow a pair and stop being such pussies when it comes to Prince Fielder. He is destroying this lineup and has no place on any MLB roster at this point since not only does he stink at the plate but can't play a lick of defense either. Sit him or cut him. Done.