• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Series Thread: Red Sox invade new rotation Rangers 6/24-6/26

PhantomWarrior

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Who will have enough balls to make the call?
Good point. I remember last year or the one before that Boston sat Ortiz for an extended period of time for lack of production. That's the first step with Fielder. Sit him for a week and have him PH in low risk games. Banister won't do that and that means JD will have to find a way.

Bmurph

F the Houston Astros
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good point. I remember last year or the one before that Boston sat Ortiz for an extended period of time for lack of production. That's the first step with Fielder. Sit him for a week and have him PH in low risk games. Banister won't do that and that means JD will have to find a way.

I have huge fear Prince is still inserted daily come september and continues his lack of production and it ends up costing the club. Maybe just pessimistic but this started last year and isn't showing much sign of changing

PhantomWarrior

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Astros pick up a game on us and the Mariners blew a one run lead in the 8th. Cards up 3-1.

PhantomWarrior

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have huge fear Prince is still inserted daily come september and continues his lack of production and it ends up costing the club. Maybe just pessimistic but this started last year and isn't showing much sign of changing
I share your concerns. I'm more worried about our top three arms in the BP TBH.

We lose that production we are in serious trouble.

The bats still score enough runs even with Fielder killing rallies.

Nightcrawler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Team appears to be in a dangerous spot right now. I hope AJ can pick the team up tomorrow. Some help from the Royals and Cards this weekend would be most welcome.

WilltheThrill

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dyson couldn't pitch tonight because he needed rest. And why did he need rest? Because Banny has burned him up using him in multiple non-save situations and 3-run leads. All of those games where we all collectively said "NOT Dyson, Banny" and he put him in anyway have all added up and now have come home to roost.

It's just one loss, albeit a bad one. But they're either going to have to trade for a competent reliever or two or Banny is going to have to learn how to manage his bullpen better (or preferably both).

Nightcrawler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dyson couldn't pitch tonight because he needed rest. And why did he need rest? Because Banny has burned him up using him in multiple non-save situations and 3-run leads. All of those games where we all collectively said "NOT Dyson, Banny" and he put him in anyway have all added up and now have come home to roost.

It's just one loss, albeit a bad one. But they're either going to have to trade for a competent reliever or two or Banny is going to have to learn how to manage his bullpen better (or preferably both).

I kept saying during the Reds series that Diekman and Dyson needed to be off the table. Missing those 2 games would have been huge. The off day on Thursday would have given them 3 days in a row. I'm no expert on the arm, but I'd say the rest would have been significant enough to have them ready to go in this series.

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Yep. All those 4 run games are adding up.

DT LUNA

Vietnam Veteran
Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There is an old saying: Every day is a Monday
Every night is a Friday night

To me every game is the last game of a world series.
No excuses. No room for second place.

DT LUNA

Vietnam Veteran
Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

If Bannister truly can't manage the BP doesn't Brocail have some responsibility to assist in these decisions or at least make suggestions regarding burning up closer/closers

donaldson79

former loyal Hoopilist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You gonna miss the rest of this one?

Yep....glad I did too. What a lousy and surprising way to lose one which we had in the bag. Or so it appeared.

donaldson79

former loyal Hoopilist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Don't think he likes us ragging on Prince.

It's not that Duane. But it seems like we're just rehashing the same subject redundantly, and we all have made our positions perfectly clear nightly. It's not like any of us are not of the same mind set on should he/shouldn't he be given so many opportunities.

However, I do feel this "fuck Banister nonsense" is way over the top and undeserved. And no, I do not at all feel we are winning in spite of him. Not at all exclusively b/c of him either. But for me, I give him some credit for what we've accomplished in his less ths 1 1/2 seasons is all.

Bmurph

F the Houston Astros
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yep....glad I did too. What a lousy and surprising way to lose one which we had in the bag. Or so it appeared.

Didnt capitalize early and pile on like they easily could have, then managed to piss it away at the end. Tough one to lose, gotta do better today

Duane1952

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's not that Duane. But it seems like we're just rehashing the same subject redundantly, and we all have made our positions perfectly clear nightly. It's not like any of us are not of the same mind set on should he/shouldn't he be given so many opportunities.

However, I do feel this "fuck Banister nonsense" is way over the top and undeserved. And no, I do not at all feel we are winning in spite of him. Not at all exclusively b/c of him either. But for me, I give him some credit for what we've accomplished in his less ths 1 1/2 seasons is all.
You know I was hard on Elvis because he was bad the first half last year. Since then he turned it around and I praised him for doing so. I will do the same with Prince if doe so so. I just don't think he can. I never used that term with Banny. But when he makes a bonehead decision I'm going to call him on it.

Nightcrawler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I'm just hoping Banister isn't as stupid as his line ups and bullpen calls suggest. The line up issue? We don't know Davis / Simpson might want Fielder out there because of the money they're paying him, we would probably never hear of any front office directives in regard to Fielder. The bullpen? He just sucks at managing it. He needed to hold off in the Reds series. Now our bullpen is in bad shape against an opponent who wears out opposing pitching staffs.

DT LUNA

Vietnam Veteran
Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm just hoping Banister isn't as stupid as his line ups and bullpen calls suggest. The line up issue? We don't know Davis / Simpson might want Fielder out there because of the money they're paying him, we would probably never hear of any front office directives in regard to Fielder. The bullpen? He just sucks at managing it. He needed to hold off in the Reds series. Now our bullpen is in bad shape against an opponent who wears out opposing pitching staffs.
Other than Fielder, I don't see to much wrong with his line ups. The bull pen is where problems come into play. Using Sam repeatedly with 3/4 run lead is over using him and unnecessary.

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Other than Fielder, I don't see to much wrong with his line ups. The bull pen is where problems come into play. Using Sam repeatedly with 3/4 run lead is over using him and unnecessary.

The 4 run lead overuse is really frustrating. 3 runs? Fine. It's a save situation. I get it. 4 runs is just excessive.